Final

Kim Careful Jongin

“ So, it’s settled that we’re doing the project at Jongin’s house? “ Baekhyun sunbae asked while the rest of us nodded.

Well, let’s just say, I’m now with my group for our Photography club’s new project, discussing when and where are we going to do it. And at last, we decided to do it on the next Saturday, 10:30 AM at Jongin’s house [his parents are away for 2 months from now]. I’m not actually close with them except Jongin and Baekhyun sunbae—I actually call him oppa—, but I’m quite good at chatting, so I don’t think it’s bothering me though.

“ Okay, see you guys later on Saturday! “ one of the members, Myungsoo sunbae, said as he put his bag on his shoulder. We’re all replying a ‘yes’ simultaneously.

Oh yeah, fyi, I’m close with Jongin because he’s also one of my classmates. We’re not actually that close, I mean, we sometimes treat each other nicely but sometimes, we also do bickering. Not a long bickering, but he’s pretty annoying. At first, I didn’t know he likes photography, because I knew he’s in the dance club, I mean, someone who’s good at dancing rarely likes something like photography. Usually, they prefer singing.

Well, let’s talk about Baekhyun oppa. I’ve been close with him since my middle school. It’s probably because my family and his family are really close. That’s why.

But I’m still thinking, why did Jongin choose photography club?

Wait, is that even important to know?

 

Saturday, 10:20 AM at Jongin’s house---

“ Hyun Ra? You’ve came? “ I rolled my eyes as I heard Jongin’s voice from the other line. Didn’t he hear the bell rang?

“ Didn’t you hear the bell rang? I’ve pushed it like a thousand of times, jerk “ I annoyingly said.

“ You don’t have to call me jerk though. I’m coming “ And he ended the call. I clucked. A second later, the door is opened.

“ You came earlier than I thought. Come in “ He said and walk away. Ew, am I really a guest?

“ Ya Jongin-ah! Where is everyone else? “ I asked as I sat down on the sofa in front of the television. He came out from the kitchen with his hands full of snacks and quickly sat down beside me.

“ I don’t know. I think you’re the one who came too early “ He replied and took the television remote.

“ Let’s just watch Tv while we’re waiting for them. Take the snacks if you want “ He continued as he the Television. I nod for a few times and take one of the snacks.

It’s not boring though. Well, that’s exactly because we watch a funny variety show. We can’t help but laugh at the jokes from the joker.

“ Omg, where are they--- “

“ Jongin-ah! “ I was cut by Baekhyun oppa’s sudden appearance.

“ Omo, Are you guys dating? “  He continued. I widened my eyes.

“ What? “ I said, almost sounds like a yell.

“ Don’t talk nonsense Hyung “ Jongin said as he face palmed.

“ No, I mean, You guys are watching movies together with snacks and all.., it looks like you guys are dating, you know “ Baekhyun oppa replied. I sighed.

“ We were just watching Tv while waiting for the others, okay oppa? “ I said. Jongin only nod his head a few times, agreeing from what I said.

“ Whatever you guys say “ Baekhyun oppa carelessly said and quickly join us as he sat down on the other side of the sofa. Actually, we only have six members in one group, so we only have to wait for the other three. And as time passed by, one by one of the other three members came.

As all of us has gathered together and we’ve arranged everyone’s job, we start to do our new project together.

 

It has been 3 hours, and we decided to take a break for lunch. Baekhyun oppa has ordered something to eat for our lunch.

“ Yah, Jongin-ah, I see you keep looking at Hyun Ra, do you.. some kind of.. like her? “ Baekhyun oppa suddenly said. I automatically turned my head to him and raised an eyebrow.

“ Eey what’s with the sudden question Hyung. I don’t know “ Jongin replied as we made a short eye contact.

Honestly, I have these kind of feelings towards Jongin. Sure, we’re just close friends, but I’m also a girl. Girls usually fall for their own best friends, don’t they?

 

16:00 PM, Jongin’s house---

“ Bye oppa! “ I said as I wave my hands towards Baekhyun oppa.

“ Aren’t you going home? “ Jongin suddenly appeared beside me with his brown coat on.

“ Oh you scared me “ I put my hands on my chest.

“ And anyway, My driver will come here at 5. He said he still has to take my little brother home before 5, because if not,  my mom will be angry. Is it okay if I wait here for awhile? “ I continued.

“ But I have to go to the grocery store “ He said. I raised an eyebrow.

“ So what? “ Jongin rolled his eyes as he walked away and came back with my jacket in his hand.

“ Do you want to wait alone here for an hour? Just wear your jacket on and accompany me to the grocery store, okay? “ he said and gave me my jacket.

“ But I’m okay to wait here, you know.. I can watch Tv.. “

“ Yah, Just put your jacket on now! Do you really want to wait for your driver alone for an hour inside my house? You’re a girl Hyun Ra “ I blinked my eyes a few times and quickly put on my jacket. Well, Jongin is right. I’m a girl, I wouldn’t stand sitting there and wait for my driver alone for an hour. But what made me a bit startled is, he suddenly said it with a high tone. I was kind of scared though.

So with that, we walk to the grocery store together since the grocery store isn’t really far from Jongin’s house. We really don’t talk a word to each other while we’re walking. And it makes the situation really awkward. And.. I hate it.

As we arrived at the grocery store, we immediately separated from each other and take everything we want to our own trolleys. I was thinking to not buy anything and just accompany Jongin, but I think it’ll be good if I buy somethings too, right?

“ Oh my god, I can’t forget cokes! “ I quickly run to the place where they put cokes in. and once I found the place, I take 5 of them. I don’t know why, but I really like to drink cokes.

“ What are you doing? “ suddenly, a hand caught my wrist and took my coke from my hand that I was about to put it inside my trolley. I raise my head up and see the hand’s owner.

“ Jongin? “ I narrowed my eyes.

“ Are you really going to drink it all? “ He asked.

“ Yeah, why? “

Jongin sighed deeply as he took out one by one of my cokes. I widened my eyes and hurriedly stopped his hand from moving.

“ What are you doing Jongin? “ I harshly took one of the cokes from his hand.

“ Cokes are not good for your health, Hyun Ra. You can’t drink it too much or too often. You’ll get sick later on “ He took back the coke from my hand and put it back to its place before. I don’t know what to do but that action really made me freeze. You know how it feels when someone you like care for you, right?

After about 30 minutes later, We both went out from the grocery store and walk back to Jongin’s house. And unexpectedly, it’s snowing outside, obviously cold.

“ I’m sorry about earlier “ Jongin suddenly said. I look at him with a confused look.

“ You know, when we were at my house earlier.., I was kind of a bit harsh to you.. I’m sorry “ he continued. I smiled.

“ It’s okay. I can understand why you did that “ I replied.

“ Really? “

“ Yeah “ I chuckled. But then, suddenly something crossed my mind.

“ Anyway, I want to ask you something, “

“ Go ahead “ He smiled.

“ Do you.. Like me? “ Eh, why did it come out from my mouth?

“ W—What’s with that sudden question? “ He laughed awkwardly. I knocked my head with my hand a couple of times. Stupid Hyun Ra!

“ Ah.. y—you know, earlier, Baekhyun oppa asked you the same thing right? I.. just wanna know the answer.. Haha “ I answered and ended it up with a small awkward laugh.

“ I actually still don’t know.. I don’t know how exactly the feeling when you like someone.., do you know? “ He replied while rubbing his neck.

“ Uuh.., Well, when you like someone, sometimes you’ll be nervous just because you’re standing near her, or your heart will beat faster just because of a short eye contact.. or.. Uuh.. I don’t know “

I feel like letting all out my feeling towards him. Eey.. what did I just do?

Instead of replying, Jongin lets out a soft laugh while I’m here trying to warm my hands by rubbing it together.

Out of the blue, Jongin takes one of my hands, holds it and put it inside his pocket. I blinked my eyes for a few times.

“ Give me your left hand “ And I did what he told me. He took it and rubbed it with his other hand. He also blows it to make it warmer. This is really happening but I feel like dying.

“ I’m sorry if it doesn’t help “  I quickly shook my head.

“ No. It really helped. Thank you Jongin-ah “ I smiled and He smiled back.

“ Uhm.. anyway, What if I feel those feelings you said earlier? Does it mean I like you? “ He asked while looking at me. I froze, not knowing what to answer.

“ I don’t kno---“

“ I like you, Hyun Ra “ He cut me off suddenly. I immediately stopped myself from walking.

“ Jongin-ah.. “ He really does have the same feelings as mine, am I even awake?

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. As long as I gained more energy to walk [because I was really weak as Jongin confessed], I continued my walk with my right hand still holding Jongin’s hand inside his coat pocket.

“ I like you too, honestly “ I finally said it. Jongin looked at me and smiled, and so do I.

“ That’s cool. We feel the same towards each other “ Aish, why did he say that? He just made my heart beat a hundred times faster!

And without us knowing, we’ve arrived in front of his house. And I saw my car has parked in front of it.

“ Woah, Mr. Ahn came faster than I expected, it hasn’t 5 yet but he has come “ I said as I quickly run to my car.

And automatically, Jongin got drag by me because I’m still holding his hand. As soon as I see Mr.Ahn, I greet him friendly.

And I was about to get inside my car, but..

“ Ya! Did you forget about me? “ Oh god, I forgot to say goodbye to Jongin. How can I?

 “ Oh yeah, I’m sorry Jongin-ah, but I have to go back home to help my mom to cook “ I grinned.

“ Okay.., But wait.. where is my goodbye kiss? “ He playfully said and tapped his cheeks with his finger. I rolled my eyes.

“ Yah! We’re not even official yet, Why are you asking me to do that, Jerk? “ I replied.

“ But we know each other’s feelings now, How can we not official? “ He asked back. Eey.. why so cheesy?

“ Well, okay then.. “ He suddenly kissed my cheeks and smiled to me.

“ Yah! How can you--- “

“ I love you Hyun Ra! “ He screamed while running away to his house. I chuckled and mumbled the same thing.

And with that, I went inside my car and keep smiling like an idiot.

 

 

And you know what? I still can’t believe The Kim Jongin I know now is mine. Aren’t I too lucky to have him?

 


A/N:

so, How's it? Is it weird?

Uuh.. I need your comments guys!

And don't forget to read my other one-shot fanfics!

~EXO's Sehun and You : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/942789/neighborhun-s-advice-fluff-romance-you-exo-sehun

~BTS' V and You/OC : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/941923/train-mate-fluff-romance-schoollife-you-bts-taehyung

Thank you!