Goodbye

행복 || Happiness

On a sunny Sunday morning, there weren't much customers at a café. Except for a family, a group of friends, and two people, who were once a couple. 

 

Only the sound of breathing was heard, as none of the two ex-lovers talked. Irene was fiddling with her fingers, as she tried to find the right words to say to Joy, the person who was once her everything.

 

"Sooyoung..." Irene muttered, looking at her cup of coffee, like it was the only thing in front of her.

 

"Does he make you happy?" Joy asked as she stared off into nothing, not even bothering to drink her cappuccino.

 

"You know he does, but Sooyoung-" The elder was cut off as she looked up to see her ex-lover's eyes staring deeply at her.

 

"If he does, then I shouldn't be meddling with your relationship now, should I? He made you happy when I was busy and couldn't give you the love and attention you needed." Joy stated, staring at Irene, sadness evident in her eyes.

 

"Sooyoung, how many times do I have to tell you? He's just-" Irene was cut off again with Joy's sigh.

 

"Your best friend? I know. But, do you think I would believe that when everytime the three of us are together, he would secretly stare at you, like how I usually would? He would ruffle your hair gently, as if he was afraid you'd get hurt even for just a bit? He would hold your hand tightly, as if he doesn't want anyone taking you away from him? Look closely Irene," Joy said, a tear running down her cheek. 

 

"The boy clearly likes, no, loves you! He may be just a best friend for you, but for him, you're his everything. His one and only girl best friend, his one and only girl friend. We aren't even close enough to be called friends, because he only looks at you! He never talks to other girls, no matter how many of them try to get his attention! He loves you and only you," Joy stated, not caring how she looked as she was crying hardly.

 

"He can give you the relationship you want. Being able to go out on dates where people can see cute of a couple you are, being able to hug each other in front of everyone as a sign that you're his and he's yours, being able to kiss each other without getting judged for. This, he is what you wanted for your entire life, Irene," Joy looked straight into the elder's eyes, which were pretty red because of the nonstop tears.

 

"He can give what you want, while I can't. And if he can do that, I'd be willing to let you go, no matter how hard it is. No matter how much it hurts. Because all I want is for you to be happy," Joy finished speaking out her thoughts, burying her face in her hands as she cried silently.

 

Irene, on the other hand, was surprised, but hurt. Surprised because of how ignorant she has been towards Taehyung's, her best friend's, feelings. Hurt because of how easily Joy would let her go. But she understood why. Joy was right, Taehyung's actions were what she always wanted from a lover. She wanted a relationship where she could proudly show the world, without getting judged for. But no matter how much she wants that, if Joy would get hurt, she would get hurt as well. It pains her, seeing and hearing her ex-lover cry in front of her for the first, and maybe last, time.

 

"Sooyoung... please..." Irene managed to cry out even when she was hurting so badly right now. "I promise, I will never get in the way of your relationship with Taehyung again. If that means I have to stay away from you, then I would. I'm gonna leave your relationships from now on, because they're not my business. So Irene," Joy took in a deep breath, looking at the elder with tears in her eyes. "I'm giving you up to Taehyung. Goodbye, and I love you," Joy smiled at Irene, with tears still running down her cheeks. Joy leaned in and placed a peck on the elder's lips, leaving quickly after.

 

Irene, who was left in the café, was now alone. She let her endless tears out, not caring about her appearance right now. "Sooyoung-ah... Joy..." Irene whispered in agony. 

 

Irene felt a presence next to her on the chair. The moment the person embraced her, she knew who it was, but it wasn't the person she wanted to come.

 

"I'm here, Joohyun. Taehyung's here..." Taehyung whispered into Irene's ear as he embraced her in his arms tightly. 

 

Meanwhile, outside the café, Joy slid down the wall at the side of the café, not caring about the people walking by. Hugging her knees tightly to her chest, she buried her face in her knees, crying her aching heart out. "I hope he does all the things I should've done, when you were my girl..." Joy whispered to herself, crying in a hidden corner.

 

---------- || ---------- || ---------- || ---------- || ----------

 

A/N; It's done! C: I hope you guys enjoyed and did you notice

that little "When I Was Your Man" part? Hahahaha. :D That's all!