Chapter 1

The Chosen One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The racking sobs of a raven haired boy could be heard all along the dorm. It was pitiful and utterly heart breaking to hear and the members were at a loss about what to do.

 

Junmyeon watched sadly from the doorway as Kyungsoo poured his emotions into the pink burn book he kept for this very purpose.

 

“Soo, this isn’t worth it. You’re better than this.” The leader tried hard to console the younger, but his attempts were quickly rebuffed.

 

“You have no idea how much it hurts, hyung. To live with this kind of pain every day is torture.” The owlish looking man said, tears falling down his flawless alabaster skin.

 

The others had gathered in the doorway behind Junmyeon now, wary about what exactly to do. It was always like this on Kyungsoo’s birthday, and they had absolutely no idea how to get him out of this rut he was in.

 

They knew why he was upset though. All of them knew, it wasn’t a secret between them. His story was what got him to this point, to this level of success.

 

The only reason Do Kyungsoo had been scouted by their entertainment agency was because he held deep emotional scars- full of hurt and desire of revenge.

 

It was precisely the reason why he held the position of Main Vocalist, while Baekhyun and Junmyeon were the lead ones.

 

To be completely honest, he didn’t understand why they were given these roles because they all ended up singing a lot in the end, but it didn’t matter. He was the chosen lead vocalist.

 

“I’m sorry you guys, I need to be alone now. Please leave me be” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

He needed to be alone with his feelings for now and the fact that s were staring at him through the door was not helping.

 

They dispersed away quietly, Jongin still hanging out near the doorway to say a few words to his hyung in suffering. He came forward quietly, hugging the elder before saying what he needed to.

 

“You’re beautiful in every single way. No matter what they say, words can’t bring you down.” He looked into the elder’s eyes as he said this, before slipping off his platinum blonde wig and placing it on the bedside table and walking out.

 

Eyes comically widened, Kyungsoo saw him leave afterwards. Jongin always had a hard time wearing heels, the poor boy.

 

Kyungsoo opened his burn book, flipping the pages over to the very first one.

 

His slender fingers traced over the glossy picture of the smiling woman and man in the photograph. How could they look so happy after breaking his fragile heart?

 

His heart sank as thought back about all the repressed memories coming back to him.

 

Back in 2005, little Do Kyungsoo was known for being a weird little .

 

You see, he loved Mr. and Mrs. Black the movie when it released, and had spent days waiting excitedly near the video store hoping the subtitled version would be available soon.

 

It had changed his perspective of things in life and made him the person he was today, he would later say in interviews when asked.

 

So when he did finally get it and heard about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt getting together *FINALLY*, he couldn’t be more ecstatic. They were perfect together and their union of love made him swoon.

 

 Kyungsoo showed his love for Brangelina as much as he could, ignoring the gasping sounds from everyone around him when he announced he was ‘Team Jolie’ not ‘Team Aniston’.

 

He lost a lot of friends and family because of his controversial stand, but he knew it was all worth it.

 

 Brangelina was love, Brangelina was life.

 

It had been a complete delight when he heard that his favourite celebrities were looking to adopt a child in South Korea. In fact, it was like a dream come true. He finally had the chance to be part of the family he always wanted, to be special.

 

It had taken some time to convince his parents to let him go to Seoul for the adoption competition, hosted by a certain Mr. Yoo Jae Suk, but he was ready as ever to be chosen.

 

Children from all over the country came to the competition, wanting to get adopted by the glamorous American couple.

 

Meeting them in real life was better than Kyungsoo had ever expected. He saw Angelina and Brad smile politely and wave glamorously at the children in line, as if they were royalty.They were so perfect, Kyungsoo thought.

 

By the time he reached them, Kyungsoo knew he was sure. He wanted to a Jolie-Pitt.  He needed to be. “I volunteer as tribute” he screamed as he stood before them.

 

Angelina smiled down at him kindly, her eyes crinkling happily as she took in the sight of the little boy in front of her, looking like a mini version of her in Hackers.

 

He was so cute with his heart shaped smile and ‘pick me es’ sign around his neck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter