Chapter One

Roller Coaster Adventures

The amusement park was all Jay Park’s idea. Hyorin wasn’t quite sure she wanted to go until they actually got there. That’s when she became really excited and started jumping up and down in place.

“Look at the huge roller coaster they have!” Hyorin said, pointing at the roller coaster jutting up over the wall of the park.

Jay Park looked at it and then at her and smiled.

“If you simply must go on it, feel free,” he said to her. “I, however, will be staying far away from it.”

Hyorin pouted at him. “Please!!! I want to go on it together.”

Jay Park visibly paled. “W-we’ll figure it out when we’re in there.”

They reached the front of the line and Jay Park paid for their admition, all the while dreading when Hyorin would drag him onto the big roller coaster. When the two of them were inside, he managed to convince her to check out the other attratctions before they took on the huge monstrosity.

The two young people explored the whole park and bought each other various gifts and knick knacks. They snacked constantly and chose the rides they went on carefully, and whenever one of them decided not to go on the particular ride they were considering, they would hold the other person’s things and watch them enjoy the ride.

They had decided that they were done for the day and were making their way toward the exit of the park when Hyorin grabbed Jay Park’s arm and started pulling him.

“You said you would ride the roller coaster with me!” she said excitedly.

Jay Park panicked a little bit. “I don’t remember saying that.”

“You did,” Hyorin assured him. “So now you’re going to ride with me.”

She dragged them both into the line for the looming ride. Jay Park looked up at it and his lips to try and hydrate them a little as they had gone dry.

“Baby, do we really need to this,” Jay Park tried to sweet-talk her, knowing that she liked it when he called her that.

“Yes,” Hyorin said. “I want you to experience a roller coaster once. You always say you don’t like them but how do you know if you’ve never actually been on one?”

Jay Park nodded. It made a certain amount of sense. Plus, it was her and if she really wanted him on that roller coaster, he would go on that roller coaster for her. The line got closer and closer and Jay Park’s heart beat faster and faster.

Eventually, they reached the front of the line and were let onto the very front of the roller coaster car. Jay Park was sweating by this time. Hyorin was delighted and took Jay Park’s hand tight.

“This is going to be so fun!” she squealed.

It took all that Jay Park had just to nod and smile at her. She squeased his hand a little tighter for a moment and her smile softened.

The ride started forward and Jay Park stared straight in front of him. It dove, dipped, turned, and loop-de-looped and Jay Park’s stomach did the same. At the end of the ride, as it slid to a stop, Jay Park’s mind of made up.

“There, that wasn’t so bad was it?” Hyorin said as they were walking out of the park.

Jay Park stopped and turned toward her. “I will never ever get on a roller coaster again. I have now been on a roller coaster and I have decided that they only thing I like about them is watching you on them.”

Hyorin laughed and kissed him. Then they continued on their way home.