Final

More than blood brothers

More than blood brothers- A Kyuhyuk story

 

In Kyuhyun’s P.O.V

 

It goes without saying that I had witnessed a fair share of happiness and joy in my life, the first one being winning the talent show at school and then being lauded by my dad for my outstanding grades in middle school. And as the years progressed my grit and tenacity won over my dad’s constant persuasion and I just happened to be spotted by a talent scout from “The SM Entertainment”. It just so happened that I had apparently won the third place in a singing contest. Just my luck, I had to say the least.

 

However the crowning glory had come when I had been christened the “13th member” of an already established albeit a struggling boy band in the Kpop world and with what just seemed to be a mere 3 month training. Needless to say that I had garnered quite the animosity due to this fact, even from those with who I was supposed to be sharing a major part of my life from there onwards. Now whether the title “13th member” had ominous implications, I didn’t know of that fact until that fateful day had come, the day when I was so close to seeing God’s hands extending from beyond the luminous canopy beckoning my soul to join his sanctuary. That was when I had realised that those dreams for which I had toiled night and day and willed my pains away had finally come crashing down. It pained me to realise all the more that the perfect world that I had envisioned myself in had been reduced to nothing in a matter of seconds. Until…..

 

Until his hands enveloped my frail and bleeding ones. I cried relentlessly pleading with God to have mercy on me, to let me live past this nightmare just this once. And the owner of those hands prayed along with me, cried along with me holding my hands till a veil of darkness shrouded me. But instead of the bitter cold, I had felt comforting warmth almost as if telling me that everything would be fine and that I would make it no matter what.

 

It wasn’t until I had regained my consciousness that I knew just who that person was. As soon as I had opened my bleary, tired eyes, I saw a radiant and tender looking Eunhyuk, an entirely different Eunhyuk from when I had first been introduced to him while joining.

 

It was a miracle and a wonderment seeing such a spectacular transformation from someone so cold and unforgiving to someone who was so caring and considerate almost to the point of being…..my blood brother. And then I realised that my slender hands were wrapped in the very same warmth from back then. He leaned in close to my face almost till I could feel his wisps of breath. His guilt ridden face had a thousand apologies screaming at me loud and clear but for some strange reason he just couldn’t voice it out to me for fear of breaking down in sheer agony.

 

Without further delay, my eyes welled up and I found myself accepting his apologies that never made it past his lips. That was the day when I had realised an invisible bond between us that transcended time and space. Even as Siwon and I became a couple, I could see the mild apprehension firmly etched in his face, just like how a big brother would be all over his younger when he came to terms with his budding relationship. Nevertheless he was gracious enough to accept us both since we were practically his family now. He might have known that we’d do the same thing in his case as well, the sly fox. Then again he surely wasn’t subtle in concealing his escapades with Donghae hyung in private.

 

And as the years still went by, amidst the chaotic lifestyle and beyond such blatant pretence of mocking and leg pullings, I had always derived nothing but love from the angel called Lee Hyukjae. And as I realised just how much he’d even put his life on line for me, I should do the same for him at such trying times.

 

Today he lost his most trustworthy companion. I could remember the day so vividly when he had first brought his little princess Choco to the dorms prancing around and showing her off to the rest of the members, especially Siwon. He knew just how much of a threat Bugsy was to her in terms of popularity. And neither he nor my idiotic boyfriend shied away from showing off their respective pets to the whole world that quickly escalated into a “friendly cyber warfare” as the fans had fondly named it.

 

There at a quiet corner of his room, he sat down on his bed covered with crisp cream linens. His impeccably clean room fascinated me even now. Words had failed me long ago that were meant to cheer him up. And so without mouthing anything at all, I sat beside him. He lifted his head up and looked at me. In the place of tears, I saw a dainty calmness in his eyes after a torrential storm of agony had washed over him and died down without a trace. It was so intense that it instantly choked me from within.

 

“You know what Kyuhyun-ah!” his throat croaked heavily.

 

“Y..yes…hyung…”

 

“The only other thing that had me so devastated was when I had almost lost you that day!” he managed and I didn’t know what to say next.

 

“But I am glad you’re here. I am so glad and relieved!” he said.

 

“Hyung you should take rest. I’ll get going then.” I said and stood up. But as soon as I got up I was yanked by my arm.

 

“Stay with me tonight. I need you to stay Kyuhyun-ah. Please!” he said with pleading eyes and I knew just then that I had been defeated. I thought for sure that he would be relieved to have Donghae by his side more than anything but he actually wanted me of all people to stay beside him tonight. Siwon could do without me for a night. My roommate was the one who needed me the most in this situation and I just couldn’t bring myself to abandon him now.

 

“Alright hyung. I’ll stay.” I sighed heavily and sank back into his soft bed. He quickly laid beside me and pulled me close from behind. His breath tickled my nape as he spoke softly “I….If anything had happened to you that day, I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself!”

 

“Hyung just stop! It wasn’t your fault” I tried convincing him to the best of my abilities.

 

“Hmmm…so fluffy! Just like Choco!” Eunhyuk mumbled playing with my hair and ruffling it in the process.

 

“You know what you’re the most random guy I’ve ever met, speaking things that don’t add up!” I said.

 

“You mean I’m worse than your boyfriend?” he asked me and that earned a chuckle from me.

 

“Doesn’t mean that yours is any better either!”

 

“Hey hey…..watch it! He is your hyung too you know!” he retaliated.

 

“Ya whatever…” And a few more conversations soon followed afterwards into the quiet and dreary night.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Thank you….”

 

“Thank you too hyung….for being there for me….Always…”

 

With a contended smile playing about on both our faces, we both head towards a better tomorrow filled with a whole lot of hopes and promises and togetherness.


.A/N

This is something really unusual for me...coz I basically ship Kyu blatantly and shamelessly with Won all the time.

But this brotp is my all time favorite as well and I'd been dying to write one featuring Kyu and Hyuk celebrating their brotherhood together!

So yeah.....Read and comment dear readers....

And as for my other stories...you'll see me updating them next week....ya ya I know I promised you guys updates a few weeks ago but then my PC crashed, my internet got busted, I've been running a high fever and cold for almost a week and a half..../sobs/ I am surrounded by things that obstruct my creativity I tell you...

Comments are welcomed as always...So here you go! For all Kyuhyuk lovers out there, this is for you! /mwah/