Chap. 2.

Melancholy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Morning have never been so painful. I open my eyes lazily and I feel how they are swollen from all the crying. My throat also hurts and I have a massive headache.

I look at my alarm clock and it's almost time to get up for school but as I start to think about it, I start to worry. It's the last day I go there before moving out. What am I supposed to do? What if I meet him there? Oh how stupid I sound! Of course I'll meet him there... I sigh

I don't want to see him after what I've done. He'll probably tell all our friends what happened and they will come here since it is impossible for me to treat Jiyong like that for no reason and I'm not the only one who knows that so they will be suspicious.

As I look through the window, I ran my fingers through my hair. Today is Youngbae's birthday, but I didn't get him any present and I feel really bad about that. Right now all my life is just messed up. How I wish I could go to this day but one year back...

 

*

Today is my big bro's birthday. I run down the stairs while trying not to make any sound or wake Bae up.

When I get to the kitchen, I quietly open one drawer and after digging through many stuff I finally find a small box, wrapped in a colorful paper.

I close the drawer and go to the kitchen. When I open the fridge I look for the small cake I made last night and when I find it, hiding behind other products, I take it and put a small candle on it. Now I'm ready so I quietly walk to the hall and I want to light the candle up when I hear a huge bang coming from the living room.

My whole body froze. What was that? There's nobody in first floor from me. I put my presents on table next to the stairs and quietly walk to living room on my fingertips.

I am close to living room when I hear a quiet groan and I stop in my tracks. Who is that? My heart starts to beat faster and I close my eyes. It's my home and he's the intruder here. Come on, Chae, don't be such a coward. With that I take a deep breath and walk into the living room.

Our backyard door is opened and there is a boy laying on the ground next to our dining table.

I look at him as he cleans his shirt from colorful cream which got all over his chest because he fall down on the cake he was carrying.

The boy looks up and I freeze again. It is Youngbae's best friend Jiyong. He looks at me also shocked. I don't know what to say since he's the 'bad boy' and I'm just a nerd. He probably doesn't even know my name.

"Oh, Chaerin?" Oh so he does? That's a surprise...

Jiyong gets up and looks at his cake which was destroyed by his chest. I can see a small pout on his face and I chuckle. When he hears my chuckle he looks at me and also smiles.

"Is Bae still asleep?" He asks and I nod. I feel shy next to him since I have never talked to him before. I was hiding in my room every time Jiyong came to our house because he's just not someone I can freely talk to.

Differently from Youngbae, our parents just can't stand this boy. They don't want Youngbae to hang out with Jiyong and the reason is that my mother and Ji's mother are rivals to death. They both went to same school and both were in love with Jiyong's father but he obviously chose Ji's mother and not mine. She started hating Kwon family after that and my father also doesn't like them because he is probably still jealous even after all this time because he thinks that mom still likes Mr. Kwon and she married my father just for the money. Well, he's not wrong about the money part since she really did marry him only brcause he's rich but my mother doesn't love Mr. Kwon anymore. As I said, she hates Kwon family, including him.

My parents went away so whole house could be free for Youngbae's birthday party. We were shocked that they agreed to leave all house to us but Youngbae was really happy. Probably it's the reason why Jiyong came here today, without being affraid of my parents.

Jiyong is just staring at me and I feel how my cheeks are becoming redder and redder.

"Umm... I also have a cake." I say in a funny voice that is weird even for me.

"Nice." He nods and as I walk back to stairs he follows me.

We take my cake and presant, after climbing stairs we open Bae's room quietly and light the candle up. When candle is burning I look at Jiyong and he smiles again making me feel a weird feeling inside my stomach, it tickles but at the same time I feel sick.

"Happy birthday to you..." We sing and Youngbae opens his eyes lazily.

I chuckle while singing and Bae sits up in his bed. He listens to us singing and when we finish the birthday song he claps for us.

"You two make amazing duet." He laughs as he eats some cream from the cake with his finger.

I'm still blushing badly and Jiyong looks at me with a small smile. It feels so awkward so I take my present and give it to Bae. He looks at me with a smile and starts to rip the paper on the box off.

When the box is finally opened, both, Jiyong and Youngbae looks inside curiously. I made a small dragon toy for Bae. I’ve always liked doing toys with button eyes and mostly I was doing animals. I also gave a bunny to Dara as her birthday present. She named him Tam Tam and she loves him more than anyone can love a toy. Hehe, I love my childish unnie.

Youngbae takes the dragon from the box and smiles at me. He always liked my presents even if they were terribly stupid.

“I love it.” He laughs as he puts the dragon to his cheek.

On the other hand, Jiyong is texting someone, he probably doesn’t care about my present and chats with his girls. Oh, and he also probably has lots of them. I mean, it’s Jiyong. The bad boy, the heartbreaker, the most popular guy, the most wanted guy, the badass guy, the… Umm, okay. I ran out of titles.
 

“Hey, what’s up with your T-shirt?” Bae pointed at the cake on Jiyongs chest, or just what was left of it.

“Ahh, nothing, some kids were fighting with some weird food bombs and one hit me.” Jiyong talked kind of believable but I chuckled since I knew what really happened to his shirt.

“Ummm…. Okay….” Youngbae looked at Jiyong with a puzzled look, he knew that his best friend is lying.

“Can you spare me some clothes?” Jiyong asked with a laugh and Youngbae got out of his bed and walked to the wardrobe.

I stood behind him, next to Jiyong and I stared at Ji with the corner of my eyes. No wonder why all the girls are dying for him. His black hair kind of messy but his hairstyle is still hot, without him even trying. He smells like cake, obviously, and also I can smell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter