Cheot sarang.

Boy In Luv: Kim Taehyung

 

“Taehyung, look at me when I’m talking to you,” She glares.

“I’m not joking. Let's just go home, now” 

 

And as she leaves, I can only look at her back figures from afar. The uniform, its messy as usual, she must’ve forgotten to ironed it. Her socks? Did she realize that she wears a different pair of socks?. Hair?  it's worse than mine, she must’ve forgotten to comb her long and silky hair. 

 

She’s still the same, the same girl who makes me more idiot than Jimin, and the same girl who broke my heart, for the gazillions time.

 

My thoughts are broken by her presence, she goes back to the door, peeked inside the classroom.

“I’m leaving in five, and if you’re not coming with me, I—“

 

“Wait! wait! Wait for me!” I grab my bag, and caught up with her.

 

 

 

…………………………………………………

 

 

Its been a quiet walk on our way home, only a few turns away before we separated. We don't really talk about anything cause we both know that we ran out of topics. At least I thought so, I don't know about her, there’s a possibility that she might just doesnt want to talk to me.

 

“Are you… are you angry with me?”  I mutters, I need to make a conversation.

 

“Yes, why do you ask?”. As expected from her

 

I looked at her side features, and she reminds me of the equilateral triangle. Why? Cause I just learned it in math class earlier today. That name sounds majestic, as majestic as the female who walks beside me.

 

Oh, right, she asked me back, I forgot,

“Because I don’t feel comfortable when you’re angry with me. Don’t you feel the same?”

 

“No I don’t”. That was expected,

She keeps on looking straight to the road ahead, as if she’s trying to read something ahead. The way I rationalize her doing right now is by thinking that maybe she has some kind of blessing to know what will happen in the future, and right now she receives one. Why? Cause she’s always right.

 

“What should I do to make you not angry with me?” I asked again, This time, I hope she got slicked by the god of mercy and soften her heart, or at least her tones a little bit.

 

“That I don’t know”. Okay, I guess it was too much for me to ask.

 

 

 

 

 

And now, this it, the intersection where I finally have to say goodbye to her. Tsk, I wish that I could just turn into a pencil and rolls on the ground. Why? Why not. Please stop asking, my head hurts.

 

“Taehyung, See you later” She waved her hands goodbye. She doesn't stop for it, she keeps on walking as if she was talking to a plank board. Come to think of it, she always does that.

 

Wait, for the three years we’ve known each other, was I always seen as a plank board?

“Hey!!!” I shouted, asking for her head to turn around.

 

It was luck, she does turn around.

“What?”

 

“Am I a plank board to you?!” She was already 20 meters ahead, I have to louden my voice, and try not to think about the neighbors.

“Or maybe a pencil? a rock? a leaf? a cat? a saliva? a—“

 

“No you’re not. I won't talk to anything beside human” She cut me off.

 

“But then why? Why are you so cold to me?? what did I do wrong?” I need it today. Its been too long, I need her confirmation today.

“Or what did I do right?”

 

“You did nothing, Taehyung. You did absolutely nothing” She smiled at me, and continue to walk.

 

 

That's enough, you are messing with my head too much. If you continue like this, I won't have a room for science and math. I want to graduate too, so don't preoccupy my head with you!

 

I took out a paper plane from my pocket, and threw it at her.

 

.

 

It fell right in front of my eyes.

 

fail.

 

I guess, I have to run and chased her like a real man.

 

I throw my bag away and do what my head told me too, which is to run at her at maximum speed.

“Absolutely nothing?” I asked her, right after I got to touch her shoulder.

“Describe absolutely nothing”

 

“I can't describe an absolutely nothing, cause its absolutely nothing”. Why does she have to be annoying, but then also make sense at the same time? She’s like a math teacher. I hate math teacher.

“But just because you did absolutely nothing, it doesn't mean that you’re absolutely nothing, get it?”

 

She is indeed a math teacher. I might hate her till I finally know what is the use of algebra, but then I need her more than the hate I keep inside my head.

 

“You make me confused, I hate being confused” I frowned, or at least, that is what I believe.

 

“You’re right, I guess my talk was too high level for you, for us” She shared the same face as me.

“Oh, I even forgot when did I start to get angry at you. Would you like to freshen my head?”

 

Okay, this will take a moment, I need to remember everything.

 

“Can I have this? Can I? Can I?” I snatch her last piece of sandwich from her lunch box, and put it in my mouth.

“So delicious!! Did you cook this by yourself??”

 

She keeps on playing with her phone, not even paying attention to me who already sit on the cafeteria table, becoming the monkey of the school.

“Yes, I did” She mumbles.

“Don't forget to put my lunchbox back, I’m going first” She gets up from her seat, and leave.

 

“Wait! Where are you going??” I asked while she’s still on my sight.

 

“Hmm”. She said something, but I cant really hear it.

 

“What?? I can't hear you!” I louden my voice.

 

“Toilet!” And so does she.

 

And at that very moment, everyone at the school can finally know who she is, the toilet girl.

 

“Was it because of that?” I asked, wondering if what happened earlier today was the right-but-not-so-right answer.

 

“No” She shakes her heads.

 

Hmm… Okay… then What happened after that??

 

“Hey, what took you so long? Did you poop on the toilet?” A girl asked her right after she got into her chair.

 

“Yes, why?” She focused her eyes on her notes.

 

“Okay… then…” The girl turn their faces back to where it belong, the chalkboard, and leave her alone.

 

Not long after that, the teacher came in, and own her seat.

“Those who haven’t done their homework, please come in front”. 

 

‘Those who haven’t done their homework, please come in front~’ 

 

Ewkh, I don’t like her tones.

 

I looked for my homework on my table, and bags, and, pockets, and shoes, and 

 

crap.

 

I cant find it.

 

wait, I don't even do it, cause last night I was too busy on—

 

h a h a. you’re dead Taehyung.

 

And so my time has come, this is it, this is my eight times on forgetting my homework, I would definitely get detention from—

 

“Hsst!” She who sits next to me, pokes at me.

“Here,” She gave me a paper, and its the homework paper.

“I copied your handwriting too, so you don't have to worry” She whispered.

 

It's not because I deserve it, but because I need to receive it. Cause if not, the teacher who has an eagle eyes may find out about our little transaction and she will get detention too.

“Thanks…” I replied.

 

“And with that, you owe me ten banana milk” She goes back to her book, and leave me dumbfounded.

 

“Was it because of that?” I repeat.

 

“No, I like banana milk, the more homework you missed, the happier I get. But you will end up being stupid, so that is not a good thing for you” She stuck out her hands,

“Where's my banana milk?”

 

“Oh! right!” I bought it! I just bought it yesterday and its in my bag— wait, wheres my bag?

I touched my back, and it was empty, I dont have my bag with me.

 

“There,” She pointed in a direction.

“Did you throw your bag away?” As my eyes followed her hand, I ended up looking at my red Jansport stranded on the ground.

 

Right, I did throw it away.

 

I quickly ran for it, and come back to her. Open the front pocket, where I keep it. 

Thank god it still looks convincing!

 

She snatches it away even before I got to properly give it to her.

 

“Now you owe me nine,” She stuck the , and took a sip.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” I continued.

 

She nods.

 

Hufft!! Its getting harder!!!

 

 

“Hey!! Look, I got a seven!!” I showed her my english paper.

 

“Oh, I got five” She showed me hers.

 

“It was because of that! right???” 

 

“No. why should I be mad at you if you got seven?” She finished her milk.

 

“Because…. Mine was higher than yours….” I carefully answered.

 

“Like hell I care”

 

Hmm….. Okay Taehyung! Make sure to get it right this time!!”

 

A voice woke me up from my peaceful nap. My fuzzy eyes try to catch on the situation, where the class is already empty and its almost…. Five?

 

“I like you, I really do”.

 

I looked around, and found a guy standing next to me. I can only see his back, but I’m sure he must be handsome, cause his voice is.

 

“Would you like to go out with me?” He continues.

 

“No”.

 

And so now I fully woke up, it's her. I leaned on my chair, so I can see the look of her. As I found her glaring at the guy, she keeps on scrolling to her phone.

 

“But, this is not the end” The guy continues

“I will work harder to prove myself that—“

 

“But she said no”

And before I realize it, I have already grabbed his shirt.

 

He turns around, and looked down on me. He’s not as handsome as I thought. Well, he is, if he weren’t frowning that much. There's too many wrinkled on his youthful face. 

“And who are you?”

 

“I’m Kim Taehyung” I stoop, Cause this is my first time meeting him.

 

“Yeah I know, but who are you?” He repeats.

 

I’m a student….

 

should I say more? I guess I should.

 

Taehyung, think….

 

oh!!

 

“I’m his friend!” I exclaimed. 

 

The guy sighed and sneered at me.

“Totally”. He turns his face back to her, as she started to get bored and play with her phone.

“You know, like I said—“ 

 

“I’m her boyfriend!!!” I jump from my seat.

 

“Now I’m sure it was because of that!!! Right!!” This cant be wrong. It must be because of that.

 

“Yes”. She gave back the empty bottle to me, and tuck her hand on her pockets.

“What took you so long? Was it that unmemorable?”

 

no it wasn’t, 

 

it was the feeling that I have held on to for three years, what kept me liking you.

 

it was as memorable as your first smile.

 

But she was right, what took me so long?

 

“Cause… I was just trying to save you from that guy, he’s too pushy”. Well, at least I’m being honest with her.

“I’m sorry”

 

“Good, you finally said it”. She continues her walks home, and leave me plank boarded again.

 

 

And the most miserable bastard of the year awards goes to,

 

Drum roll please,

 

Me. Kim Taehyung.

 

Who are you playing the hero?

 

Who are you to judge on other people? That guy weren’t doing any harm to her.

 

Who are you to take such a title from her? Did you even consider her feelings?

 

 

 

Just Who are you, Kim Taehyung? 

 

Who Am I? I’m the boy in love.

 

And its like what JImin said, it .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait one more question!!!” I promise this would be my last question before I got to bed and cry all night.

 

She did not turn away, but at least she stops.

 

“I still don't get it. why does it count as an absolutely nothing??”

 

 

She stays still, for a couple of second.

 

“Because it was neutral,” She got to speak,

“It was a thing you did, was a good thing that you stop that guy for me”

 

“So I did something good?”

 

“No”.

 

huh?

 

“You also did something bad, way before you did something good”

 

what?

 

She starts to walk again.

 

“What was the bad thing?!” I shouted for an additional question.

 

“It was bad because you said it to save me, not because you want me”.

She turns around and gaze at me,

"Kim Taehyung, say something". 

 

We're on the street, but somehow her voice echoed in my head.

 

say what?

"I'm sorry?"

 

A smile, lighten her face, warm me up from the distance.

"Because?"

 

Because....

 

Brain think of something!

 

hmm....

 

okay....

 

Theres only one thing in my head, right now..

"Because I love you?"

 

She shakes her heads,

"Erase it"

 

"Erase what?"

 

"The question mark"

 

She stayed in my eyes, as I stayed in hers.

"because I love you". 

 

"Me too"

 

 

 

 

................................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-this girl is so weird I'm sorry-.