Two

Can I Finally Call You Mine?

It was almost 5pm when you finished your additional class. You quickly pack your things up and bid the others goodbye. Some of them had already left while some others still discussing about something with the vocal teacher. You felt your heart become ease with these people since they were really nice and open for friendship and you find it really helpful since you still barely know everyone. As you walked your way to the gate you walked past the soccer field, you heard someone calling your name but you ignore it since it might not be you the one who got called, but the shout gets louder and there’s barely anyone around you other than those on the field. As you turn towards the direction of where the sound coming from you saw Jongin waving excitedly at you and in no time as you flashed him a smile, he jog over towards your direction. "you still here?" he asked before gulping down a bottle of cold water. "yeah, just finished the class, you still going to play?" you asked in return. Panting hard Jongin replied "i think i had enough, care to wait for me?" you looked at him confused, "it just, we're heading the same way home, and since it's really bored to walk alone" you nod in agreement and Jongin excuse him self to get change.

 

On the way back home it was silence at first but soon got cracked as Jongin begin to ask and tell you things. You found out that he has a quite big family with 5 members, and he learnt that you have a sister around the age of eight. You exchange quiet a lot information and even found your self, laughing for the first time after moving to this place. Its finally time for the both of you to bid goodbye. "so, i see you tomorrow i guess" you said about to head straight to your apartement. "yup, bye" Jongin said flashing a smile that made your heart flutter and you found yourslef smiling too before waved him goodbye.

 


You arrived earlier today than before 20 minutes before the class start, you hum in delight as the school still far from being crowded. You were on your way to take some of your things in your locker when your phone suddenly buzzed. "I am dead late" Jongin has sent you a message you chuckled in disbelieve before replying to his text "i'm already at school u lazy" in no time Jongin had sent a reply "really?? amazing. i don't even think i could had a breakfast today" you chuckled again and found your self disbelieve one more time "you are dead late why still replying. you said the first class going to be taught by a cranky teacher, remember?". Texting with Jongin had grew rapidly since last night, before it was just a simple text between the two of you talking over project or homework or direction in your case. But ever since the walk home together yesterday you both had become closer, you both even shared jokes and that made your heart at ease when you wake up this morning. The thought of you'll be fine you have found yourself a friend might be the reason why you could arrived earlier at school today. 5 minutes and there’s no reply from Jongin you had grabbed your self books that you need for morning class and about to head straight to the class. Thinking that Jongin might get your word and were at panic right now you were alarmed when another buzz from your phone came in contact with your skin. "care to grab me some breakfast, cafetaria should have been open, i'll repay you with something later". "sure, no need to. what do you want for breakfast?". "i'll eat whatever you pick. i might not be answering after this, gotta go."

 

you sigh, if he tell you what he wants it would 100% easier for you, but since he said he's going to eat whatever you pick it confuses you, you barely know him, what if he doesn’t like what you choose. Despite being weighted by the thought you had already enter the cafeteria and wandering trough the stack of bread. Too many variants available that made your head feels like its spinning. As you drown in your confuseness you felt someone touched your shoulder, you turn around to find a unique rectangular smile and a pair of cute eyed guy in front of you "jin hee right? i'm Baekhyun" he said reaching his hand out for a hand shake you smiled and took his hand "i know, you are a sunbae from vocal class". His fingers are pretty and you were envied by that, maybe that’s the reason why he could play the piano well. "well, i haven’t introduce my self personally to you tho" he forced a dry laugh due to his nervousness. "fancy seeing you here, i rarely see you around cafetaria during lunch break, do you buy your lunch in the morning?" you were taken aback by his weird question and laughed "no, my friend asked me to buy breakfast since he's running late today" Baekhyun pursed his lips to form and o shape before ordering some milk. "then where are you during lunch break?" "uhm well its just, i barely have friends since i'm a new kid around here so finding a seat for lunch its kinda hard" you replied with your face turns into pink shade because of embarrassment. You quickly grab a bread with chicken filling, thinking that chocolate filling is too boring and maybe Jongin would like chicken filling instead, you went straight to the cashier, Baekhyun following suit.

 

"i was about to buy some cola, but when i saw you i remember songsaenim told me yesterday not to eat and drink carelessly since i'm going to have a competition soon". "competition? thats cool.. sunbaenim voice is really nice i believe that you'll kicking that competition". "well, thanks... you should come, i mean i like to see you come, no i mean if you like too you can come" his lips once again formed a rectangular shape when he smile. "i see if i could make time for that" you joked, "oh come on don't be such a nerd" you both laughed by that and walked your way to your class Baekhyun still following. "this is my class" you announced to Baekhyun that you need to bid him goodbye. He waved goodbye and you were about to enter the class. Baekhyun sudenly called your name again. "can, can i have your phone number? since i'm the one in charge for our vocal class i need to put you in our group" he laughed nervously. "sure" you replied and gave him your number. He thank you and bid goodbye.

 

As you enter the class your phone suddenly buzzed and the caller id is the number you have not save in your phone. After a few time you decided to answer the phone. "yeoboseo?" "jinhee?" "yes, who is this?" "Baekhyun, i just make sure you didn’t gave me a fake number" Baekhyun laughed. " i will not, am I a lame kind of girl to you?" you replied sounded a bit annoyed followed with a hearty laugh, Baekhyun laughed by that too. "okay then have a good day, sweetheart" Baekhyun said and followed with an ending line sound. You were so flustered hearing his word "did he just call me sweatheart?" you mumbled and got surprised when the bell rang. Jongin is still not around. 10 minutes after the bell rang Jongin arrived at the school panting hard as he quickly made his way to his seat, you heard his friend Sehun asked him something "why so late? the witch almost here you'll get killed you know about that?" "i know i know, let me breath first" you turn your around from your seat and hand Jongin his breakfast, flashing him a smile and after he thank you you turn back, your eyes capture the look Sehun gave to you and it makes you feel uncomfortable. Sehun nudge Jongin's arm and giving him such look before whispering word that surprised him "you have a girl friend now?".

 

As promised Jongin brought you to an ice cream shop close to the both of your apartment. Sharing stories about the past until events that happened today, laughing both of your heart out. Scoping up a red velvet flavored ice cream that Jongin had insisted you to try it, and it was worth to try, Jongin asked something serious. “why are you still not taking your lunch?” he asked trying to not offend you in any way. You just flashed him a smile before answering. “It’s still hard for me to find empty seat during lunch break, everyone has their you know, group like friends, it would be awkward if I try to fit it so..”. you didn’t realize how your face flashed into a crimson red since you were telling him such shameful life story. “why don’t you seat with us tomorrow, I’m sure my friends will be fine with you joining in?”. “well thanks, but I don’t think it’s a good idea, beside I’m still awkward even with our classmates. Maybe one day if I already found good amount of friends I’ll try to seat with you and your friends”. Jongin smiled and nodded in agreement the two of you then having your afternoon together at that ice cream shop.

 


 

2 months passed, you found yourself more and more comfortable with your new school having more friends to talk to is easier now. Jongin and you has grew even tighter, more groups are made and you always found yourself being in the same group as him. He would kick one of your leg from behind if the teacher inform that the class should create group. You couldn't be any happy if the teacher told the class to create their own group, that means you could be partner with Jongin. You and Jongin grew really close and even get both of you schedule for grocery shopping, sometimes Jongin just accompany you, or you just accompany him. sometimes Jongin mom couldn't be any happy if his son voluntarily go shopping for her, but theres also times when Jongin would nag his mom because there's really nothing to buy yet Jongin insisted to buy some. Jongin and you has no longer bid each other goodbye near his apartment tower (since his tower is closer to the front gate), instead you bid each other goodbye right in front of your apartment door, Jongin would insist. It was the last subject when the bell suddenly ring signaling that the day has come to an end, yet for some there's still additional classes. The teacher called you, it's the subject that you are really weak at, chemistry. No matter how you tried to understand the subject you just could never get the point, and that's probably the reason why the teacher called you. You nod before packing your things up. 'what does he wants?' Jongin asked almost whispering afraid that the old teacher might heard him, Sehun already about to leave and pat his best friend shoulder before waving him goodbye. Sehun doesn't have additional class today since he is in basketball club and it's scheduled different day with Jongin and you, you still no way close to Sehun that guy is too cold and never trying to be open up to people so he just bid you goodbye with no expression probably feeling bad for not doing it in front of Jongin. 'probably bad score? i'm at this Jongin' Jongin chuckled, 'ive teached you tho, he probably wanted to praise you now who knows?' you sigh, putting your back pack on, 'i don't have that confidence, aren't you going to have football practice?' 'it's 20 minutes more, i'll get change and wait for you in front of the teacher office' 'it's probably takes some time don't wait for me, i'll be fine' Jongin shook his head in disagreement 'nah, you'll get lost again' your jaw dropped in amusement 'i've only did that once when i'm a newbie' Jongin chuckled "you still a newbie by now, the old guy been looking at our direction, aren't you going to the office now?' you looked at the teacher and Jongin was right sighing you walked away after waving Jongin goodbye 'i'll wait for you' he replied before flashing a smile to you.

 

The reason of you being called was soon found out. It was true that you still got an awful score for your chemistry test, and it's the 3rd test already if you aren't going to change then you surely going to have a D for chemistry class, this bothered you a lot. A sudden buzzed from your phone shocked you, you thought that it was Jongin that might be nagging of how long you’ve been in the office but it wasn’t your fault after all, instead it was a text from Baekhyun, Baekhyun has been texting you ever since he asked your phone number, it was started with small talk that you thought would be over by a day, turns out Baekhyun kept texting you sometimes asking things that makes your eyebrows curls into each other. He was most of the time being cheesy and you sometimes question your self whether he has any intention with you or not, but you keep it cool since you still see him as a sunbae, and nothing more than that. ‘You come to practice today right sweetheart, haven’t seen you around class almost start’. You couldn’t help but smiling and gave him a quick reply telling him that you were being called to the teacher office, since the teacher is still in his desk looking for a list of senior who got an A in his class that he said you should contact one of them to help you with your score. After a few minutes he called out names by names that you really found it strange since you really have no idea who are they. Baekhyun name suddenly come out, and you gave the teacher such expression that make him ask you straightly ‘what’s wrong?’, you only shook your head. He finally end his speech after about 10 to 15 minutes that feels like hell since the teacher kept asking you things that sometime is too personal like friends and family you finally could excuse yourself telling that you'll be having an additional class in 5 minutes. You walked out of the teacher office in awful mood. an arm sling around your shoulder having you jumped in shock. 'everything’s alright?' Jongin husky voice made your heartbeat slowed down from the shock he caused. 'no, my score isn't getting any better Jongin, what should i do? i'm afraid to fail the class'. 'hey, it's going to be okay, we can study from the very beginning, i could teach you everything okay, you'll get 90 on your next test i promised'. by that you made your first pinky promise with Jongin. For you Jongin was a lot of help during your hard times as a new kid, and you always found Jongin as some sort of shelter when things went hard. 'here we are' Jongin said waking you up from the thought of your score. 'hey, we've promised, i've promised i'll help you right? C'mon, cheer up!' you started to smile a little, 'i'll se you after the class then' Jongin said ruffling your hair making your heart fluttered while slapping his hand away although a part of you want him to continue his action.

 

You enter the classroom, being warmly greeted by Baekhyun who was playing the piano for the guy named Kyungsoo who you learnt to be close with Baekhyun. he has a quiet same character as Sehun who is cold to his environment and hard to open up, you rarely see his smile but when he do, his lips forms a heart shape and it's a beatiful sight to see. Baekhyun suddenly raised from the piano causing Kyungsoo who was warming up annoyed by his action and asked the other to help him warming up which gladly accepted by the others. 'what happened? why did you get called to the office today?'. you told Baekhyun almost everything that you told to Jongin and to your surprise Baekhyun also promised you to teach you about chemist, saying that he always gets an A in that made you tempted by his words and gladly accept the offer. Baekhyun smiled and entwined his fingers with you. One thing that you know about Baekhyun, he was hitting on you. Was it two weeks ago that he braved him self to asked you out on a date, and ever since then he is no longer a shy guy, he would bravely take your hands in public like this, to the vocal class, Baekhyun admiration to you was well known, aside of that no one knows your relationship with Baekhyun. you told Baekhyun to take it slow since you still didn't see Baekhyun as someone special other than a good sunbae to you before he asked you to go on a date with him. Baekhyun would always called you at night and pour his heart out, you enjoyed it because it makes you less lonely before going to bed. Sometimes he would text you goodnight and sweet dream if you didn't answer his phone after a few calls. The teacher came a bit late today, when the clock hit 4.15 the class finally finished. You and few of the other vocal crew could go home by mow but Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Haeri need to stay longer due to the competition that coming soon. Baekhyun told you to be careful on your way home and that he will call you once he is done with his practice. You bid him goodbye and start to walk to the soccer field where Jongin is, because the two of you had promised each other to go home even without a single word said as a promised, but the habit the two shared made he and you act as it.