New Girl

Can I Finally Call You Mine?

Jongin was walking to a convenient store near his apartment, his mother and siblings were not around at the moment, and since his stomach has growled for a quiet few hours he decided to buy himself a nice cup of ramen. Spring has just started, the winter wind blew his bangs smoothly yet his bone shakes hard from the sudden contact with the cold temperature. Pulling his jacket to wrap him self, he quicken his pace to where he is going, he mumbled to him self ‘I should have just call for a delivery instead’. Jongin found himself waiting for his instant cup noodle to be cooked, a few texts from Sehun distracted him. He forgot that Sehun was on his way to his house to play a new video game he just bought on Friday, and since it’s Saturday Sehun had noted Jongin that he will have a sleepover to finish what ever inside the game. He felt bad to have to answer Sehun to wait for him in front of his apartment since no one around. Wanting to finish his ramen in one go, the liquid was too hot for his tongue to handle, and a girl sitting few seats away from him has successfully made his jaw dropped. She was chowing down her super spicy ramen with her eyes about to cry and her lips turn into crimson red, Jongin chuckled and something just magically made him rise from his seat, taking two milk in hand he then took a seat beside her. He put the milk in front of her and with a smile he softly said ‘drink it, trust me you need it’. The girl stop chowing her noodle, looking at Jongin for a few second before Jongin put the milk on her hand, forcing her to drink it. ‘You’re amazing, I couldn’t even finish that, it’s too spicy’. The girl didn’t respond, instead continuing her meal, Jongin followed by starting to chew his noodle. He finished in no time, and rose from his seat, he waved the girl goodbye and walked back to his apartment, sehun had called for more than 5 times ‘damn’ he said before starting to run.

 

Jongin was walking side by side with Sehun to their locker, joking around the two guys enjoying their morning with laughter and pushing each other in the hallway. It was stopped because Jongin bumped into someone really hard and followed by a loud thud. Sehun quickly run to the victim, helping her to get up, she seemed odd. ‘Im sorry’ Jongin quickly said, eyes meeting the girl that quickly flashed a smile to him answering that she’s alright, the girl wear a uniform that nicely ironed, shoes shining telling the world that is new, as well as her identity. ‘You must be new around here?’ Sehun asked, face straight as if trying to protect him self for any foreign form, and since the girl is new student, she’s considered as foreign. She replied with a nod ‘may I ask which way to the teacher’s office?’ she asked as politely as she could, hoping to not get herself in trouble since it’s her first day. ‘Let me show you the way, since I already hurt your first day’ Jongin replied, followed with a small chuckled from the girl. They started to walked away and Jongin need to call Sehun to wake him up for the reality that even though the girl is foreign, she’s nothing to worry about.

Leaving the girl with the teacher, Jongin head back to where he was about before with Sehun. ‘I think I knew her somewhere’ Jongin said, dragging attention from Sehun who is busy with his phone, only to receive such answer ‘I’m sure you met her at the hallway just few minutes ago’. Leaving Jongin with a shocked expression and ruffled Sehun hair ‘You brat’ before running to his locker.

 

The girl they bumped into, turn to be their classmate, she seats a row in front of where Jongin and Sehun seats. During the class all Jongin could think of was where did she met her for the first time?. First two classes had come to an end, the bell rang Sehun can’t be more happier than ever when it comes to lunch time, and Jongin just followed suit. After taking a tray full with foods, the both buddies walk to their ‘usual’ table, the table indeed already filled with their other friends, the three musketeers, Jongin and Sehun would call them that. They were a year older, yet sometimes the two of the act way too childish than Jongin, Their name was Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol greeted them passionately once he saw the two walking to the table. ‘Yah Sehun, where’s the new girl?’ Baekhyun asked ever so impatiently, drawing Jongin attention to him with his eyebrows turn into crooked. ‘Sehun text me during the class, saying that there’s a new girl in your class’ Baekhyun added since Jongin been giving him such look. ‘She’s probably not having lunch, first day always the worst, especially when you are a transferred student’ Sehun replied before gulping down his milk in one go.

 

The table turn into a noisy one, but that doesn’t last long, not like it is usually, Baekhyun suddenly draw the others attention ‘yah yah Sehun, is that the new girl?’ Baekhyun asked somehow sounded excited. Sehun only replied with a single ‘hmm’ before attacking Kyungsoo again together with Chanyeol. Jongin shook his head before scoping up his last bite. ‘I think I’m going to ask her number’ Baekhyun said, turning the table once again into a quiet atmosphere, before running to catch the girl.