Kiss and Make up

Domesticity

Irene fled to her room, running past Yeri, Joy and Seulgi, Wendy was just behind her, trying to catch up to her but failed to do so. Irene immediately locked her door, threw herself on to her bed and hugged a pillow with tears running down her face. Her sobs reaching Wendy's ears from the other side of the door.

"Unnie.." Wendy tried to calmly call her, "Please open the door." But as expected, Irene didn't reply. Wendy sighed, panicking in her head.

 

"What's wrong with unnie?" Yeri asked with a worried expression on her face, but Wendy couldn't put up a front for their youngest. Joy and Seulgi took it upon themselves to save her some time.

"Ah, just leave them be." Seulgi advised, it was better for Wendy and Irene to settle things on their own.

"Come here, Yeri-ah~ Let's braid your hair." Joy changed the subject, her arm around Yeri's shoulder as she guided her to the other room.

Seulgi and Joy looked over their shoulder and mouthed to Wendy, "Fix it!"

Wendy sighed, it was her fault. She barely paid any attention to Irene these past few weeks and didn't notice the piled up emotions her other half had hidden for a long time.She panicked in her head, it was because the comeback was quite overwhelming for her and it shadowed her love and attention for Irene. 

Irene had her knees up to her chest, a pillow still in hand and her hair in a mess. She barely whined and never complained, but it was too much for her. She needed love, and Wendy neglected her.

 

"U-Unnie.." Wendy tried again, knocking a few times. "Let me explain-"

"What's there to explain?" Finally, Irene decided to talk, "That you've completely forgotten my whole existence even though I'm always right beside you?" Wendy could hear the built up pain her girlfriend had.

 

"...I know, it's my own fault...there's really no excuse." Wendy sighed out, her palm pressing on to the door, hoping Irene could feel how sincere she was.

"I know... I know it's because of our schedule, and I tried, I really tried to give you space and I tried to understand you, but the longer you neglected me, I felt alone... I felt lonely." Irene couldn't hold back her tears as she spoke.

 

"........" Wendy didn't know what to say or do, she was just very sorry. She didn't mean to hurt the love of her life and she definitely didn't want to make her cry, it broke her heart to see Irene cry because of her insensitivity.

 

"I feel like we're falling apart...." Irene added, and hearing those words was a wake up call for Son Seungwan. Those 5 words ringing inside her head, it was the last thing that she wanted, or possibly never at all. Falling apart was never a part of her future with Irene, she would never dream of it and for Irene to tell her such things, it didn't matter anymore if she didn't know what to do, as long as she finds a solution, as long as Irene will be with her and stay by her side then, she'll do drastic measures to make it right.

 

"Unnie... don't say such words... You're scaring me..." Wendy was on the verge of crying, a life without Irene is dull and colorless.

 

"......."

 

"What can I do to make it all better?" Wendy asked, she was leaning on the door, slowly sliding down to sit on the floor.

"I don't know... Maybe there's nothing you could do.." Irene said in response.

"All I can do is sing you a song..."

"You don't have to.."

"I want to.."

"No-"

"Just listen, unnie..."

"....."

 

Wendy closed her eyes, gathering all her courage as she recalled the times where she couldn't do without Irene in her life and how she became the light for her.

"You are the one, that I've been looking for my whole life through,

You are the one, that I've been looking for and now that I found you,

I'll never let you go... I'll hold you in my arms....

You are the one."

Wendy held the last note, hoping her feelings reached Irene. But there was no response. Her heart pounded like a drill through cement, she felt heavy and numb. She didn't know what to do if she loses the love of her life. Wendy's tears started to flow, how could she be so stupid? Irene was her anchor, the one who saw through her smile, the one who knew when she was hurting, the one who made her laugh and cry tears of joy.

"Unnie... I.... I just... I don't want to lose you... believe me when I say that... I only need you.." Wendy sighed, her voice cracking. When suddenly, she was thrown off balance, her eyes suddenly shot wide open and looked up to see Irene who opened the door slightly.

 

"....." Irene didn't say anything.

"Unnie, I'm so sorry-" Wendy wasn't able to finish her sentence, Irene immediately claimed Wendy's lips, pressing them together firmly on to hers, keeping the door's gap as their barrier.

".....Stupid." Irene puffed her cheeks.

Overjoyed with happiness, Wendy brightly smiled, going in for another kiss to make sure that she wasn't dreaming, she was ceased by the door and the door frame. Irene slightly closing it.

 

"W-What's the deal, unnie?" Wendy whined.

"I didn't say we could do more than that!" Irene responded.

"But I need another kiss! I almost had a heart attack! I need the kiss of life, unnie!" Wendy said as an excuse but Irene knew better, she gave a playful smirk before shutting the door again.

"Unniiiiieeeeeeeeee" Wendy cried out, wanting to go inside the room, her plea reached the other members' ears.

 

"Well, I guess they're okay now." Joy commented, tying Yeri's hair.

"Oh, thank goodness." Yeri commented.

"Those saps." Joy snorted when suddenly she was met with a chaste kiss from Seulgi. Seulgi gave a smile, but Joy, out of embarrassment, could only stay quiet, hiding her reddened cheeks and ears.