part 3

Waiting and Wanting (Part 2)

There is a pile of papers that need editing on his office desk but Kyungsoo can’t take his mind off the thought of Baekhyun having a son…And with his college girlfriend at that. Nothing has ever been confirmed but then if Kyungsoo thought about everything, there is the possibility that the child just looks like Baekhyun. Then again, the child looked to be about 12 or 13 yrs old…just the right age if he was conceived while Taeyeon and Baekhyun were still together.

All these thoughts have taken up a chunk of space in Kyungsoo’s mind over the last weekend that Baekhyun even noticed. Kyungsoo just shrugged it off with some excuse but at the same time pondering about whether or not it was better if he actually just asked Baekhyun about it.

 

The door opening shakes Kyungsoo from his thoughts and he sits properly and acts like he was actually being a productive editor. The person who comes in looks vaguely familiar but it could be anyone so Kyungsoo just opens with a standard “How may I help you?”.

“Good morning…Kyungsoo?”

The man takes a step back to look at the name on the door and looks back at Kyungsoo with an amused smile.

“Do Kyungsoo? You’re an editor now?”

“Uhmm…” Kyungsoo is partially sure now that he knows the guy but he just can’t conjure up the name to that face. “I’m sorry…but uhmm…”

“It’s Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon…from college?”

Now there’s that name.

“Council president?”

“Well, yeah.”

“How have you been? How can I serve you?”

“Well I’m writing now. It’s why I’m here, actually. You’re supposed to be my editor.”

“Oh…really? Do you want to submit your draft now? Or do we just discuss your story?”

“Well, can we just have coffee? I remember I kind of owed you one?”

“You owe me? How can you remember such things?”

“Well, you fell in a pond for one. And then I really wanted to take you out for coffee.”

Kyungsoo finds himself blushing at the sudden admission and he couldn’t help but tease more grease out of his guest.

“Like a date?”

“Well, yeah…If you want it to be…If that’s okay?”

A thought crosses Kyungsoo’s mind. A date. But he’s with Baekhyun now. But thinking of Baekhyun is a lot of stress. And a date with this handsome guest is so inviting.

“Do you want to go now?”

Junmyeon gives him a big smile before offering his hand and a bright, “Yeah. Let’s go.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo arrives late but it’s an empty apartment that welcomes him. He tries calling Baekhyun but then he doesn’t answer. Kyungsoo then opts to just take a shower before finding something else to do.

 

Kyungsoo is reading a magazine when Baekhyun arrives home. He looks happy, nervous and tired at the same time and it raises suspicions within Kyungsoo. Then again, he did something earlier too.

“Welcome home!”

“Hey Soo.”

“What did you do today?”

“I went somewhere…ate dinner with the others. Have you eaten?”

“Yeah, about that…I have a confession to make.”

Baekhyun sits next to Kyungsoo on the couch and reaches out to pat his cheek.

“What is it? Did you cheat on me?”

Kyungsoo flinches and gives him a sheepish smile that makes Baekhyun face him fully and poke his sides.

“Come on, out with it. What did you do?”

The poking tickles the soul out of Kyungsoo that he’s sputtering and trying to catch his breath before he finally succeeds in neutralizing Baekhyun.

“I met with Junmyeon today. Then he took me out on a date.”

“A date?”

“A coffee date. Then a dinner date.”

“Two dates?!”

Baekhyun makes to stay far from Kyungsoo but the younger one reaches out to stop him.

“Come on, you jealous mutt…it didn’t mean anything! It was just a casual, friendly bonding.”

“You do know he was in love with you during college, right?”

“Well, I do now. He told me.”

Baekhyun looks furious but Kyungsoo just finds it cute that he mashes his own face into Baekhyun’s which makes the latter simmer down and chase his lips afterwards.

“Did you at least let him know you’re no longer available?”

“Maybe.”

Baekhyun is the one who initiates the kiss this time and soon they turn to bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'm sorry i take too long to upload chaps...its just that some things that i write, i delete because they're either too cheap, to cliche, too boring, or i just don't feel like they sit right with the story...please bear with me

 

 

and i'll maybe reupload the first parts here...stupid passwords