Lesson In Life

Feeling Human Again

 

Life was never supposed to be perfect but for Jonghyun it was far from being all happy smiles and glittery rainbows. His life was simply a disaster, full of misery and nothing but dark clouds. He had no one after such an awful and disgusting situation a few years ago. His parents owned a business and like usual, they wanted their son to marry the girl of the family they wanted to partner with.

Jonghyun was never keen on girls and he had even opened up to his parents so many times although it always fell on deaf ears, they would pretend not to hear him or brush it off as a phase. The girl was nothing but a two faced, lying, cheating, cold hearted monster with only one desire in life. She would never give up until she got what she wanted and if she couldn't have it then she would destroy that person's life and make life a complete misery.

Yuri reported a police report claiming Jonghyun and abused her and it supposedly happened more then once. Of course Jonghyun's parents took Yuri's side, they couldn't let Jonghyun's uality ruin their sweet business deal. The money seemed to mean more to those greedy, heartless monsters then their own flesh and blood. Jonghyun ended up homeless, no money and his parents got a restraining order out against him.

Most of his friends left the moment the news spilled out. Only one stayed, Onew was what a friend truly was, he was there when Jonghyun needed help and support the most. He believed Jonghyun, being friends for most of their life's, Onew knew Jonghyun wouldn't dream of hurting a fly let alone hit or even a women. The puppy like man ended up rejected from most Universities, he wanted to study medicine.

His dream was to be a doctor and a surgeon and it felt like his dream were shattered along with his life. After a year and a half of applying and getting rejected, Jonghyun was ready to give up, only to wake up one morning in February to see a letter accepting him to study medicine. Onew had applied for him at the one place he didn't try and put in a good word, he did everything to help his best friend (well Jonghyun was more like a brother to him).

Here seven months later and Jonghyun was studying hard to make it up to Onew and prove people wrong. He stayed in a small dorm on campus and recently he gained a room mate. Key was his name and his life was the complete opposite to his shattered and dull life, the feline like boy was just a year younger then Jonghyun.

The 18 year old had soft red/pink hair, the most beautiful pale, milky white skin. The softest looking bow shaped lips and the cutest button nose. The younger had the most perfect body, a nice peachy bum, curves and those dangerously sinful hips didn't help Jonghyun's situation. The younger was a nice kid, Jonghyun felt like his Christmas's had come at once when Key spoke to him and they became friends but there was just one problem.

Jonghyun was jealous of Key's life, the younger had his parents, a boyfriend and everything going for him. Jonghyun craved to have someone that would care about him and show him some love. During his free time, Jonghyun worked in Onew's cafe ten minutes away from the University, he earned a decent wage so he could afford to eat properly and buy the books he needed for his course. Onew refused to see Jonghyun struggle, already proud to see Jonghyun do well and even make a friend. 

One rainy Sunday, Jonghyun spent the evening bonding with his room mate Key. He was surprised to learn that underneath his tough mask, the younger was quite insecure and shy. Key had only been there for just over three months but Jonghyun found him self feeling comfortable enough to open up to Key, revealing all about his past and struggles. It was hard to talk about, the wounds and the pain still felt so raw while he spoke about it, tears seemed to pour from his eyes non stop.

It hurt and it was something that will always hurt and the memories of that dark time will never go away. Key was left utterly speechless when Jonghyun confessed to being a nineteen year old who had never felt love before. In the feline boy's eyes, Jonghyun was a very handsome, y and attractive man. It shocked him yet he understood why Jonghyun had saved him self and put up this giant brick wall around him.

He had suffered so much hurt that he had become numb to it. The feline boy was shocked as he listened to Jonghyun, he had never met someone who had suffered as much as he did, Key felt him self feeling really lucky. He had his family, friends and a boyfriend and he didn't have to work hard to get anywhere, his parents paid for his Uni fees. It was like a huge slap in the face for the younger, it was the painful reailty that life isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

Not everyone was as happy as they seemed, not everyone was lucky like he was. Key spent the night holding the older boy, rubbing Jonghyun's back as he sobbed his heart out, confessing his one wish to just be loved. Ever since that night, Key tried so hard to be supportive as possible for Jonghyun, show him that are people that care about no matter what has happened in the past.

Jonghyun was thankful to have found such a good friend in the younger boy even when he is being all sassy and moody, it only made him chuckle lightly. It felt good to be able to laugh at something silly like Key going mental trying to piece together an outfit for the next day. The puppy like man still had to deal with judging glares and some customers in the cafe would refuse to have Jonghyun serve them.

It wasn't often but it still made him feel like he was lower then dirt on the bottom of someone's shoe. Some nights Jonghyun could not sleep or he would have a nightmare, the same situation playing out in his mind, making the scars from it leave a bigger mark on him mentally. He would spend many sleepless nights sobbing his heart out into his pillow, he never would wake Key up, he felt selfish already and couldn't disturb the younger's beauty sleep. Yet unknown to Jonghyun, Key had heard him nearly every night crying and all he had wanted to do was hold him tight in his arms and reassure him that everything would be alright.

Key actually did that once night just a few days previous, the older sobbed and painful whimpers spilled out and Key felt his heart clench at the sound. He got out of his bed and jumped in to the older's bed. Jonghyun was curled in a ball, back facing the younger and frame trembling, the younger instantly wrapped an arm around the older's stomach making him jolt in surprise.

The sight of those red raw, puffy eyes broke the younger boy's heart and he just pulled Jonghyun into a cuddle, letting the older rest his head on his chest, arms wrapped around the older tightly like a life jacket saving him from sinking. Ever since that night, the younger decided to push the two single bed's together, making it a double and letting Jonghyun cuddle him for comfort. It seemed to help a great deal as the puppy like man slept though out the night ever since then, it made Key happy to wake up to see the older still sleeping so peacefully.

"What's wrong Jjong, you look like you have seen a ghost" Key asked concerned. Jonghyun had not long woken up, checked his phone and all colour seemed to drain from his face.

The younger stopped what he was doing and rushed to sit down on Jonghyun's side of the bed beside the older who had become quiet and the misery that shone in those puppy eyes made the feline boy's heart crack a bit. Key had found him self spending more and more time with Jonghyun then his boyfriend. The younger had realised living with Jonghyun for a few months had taught him so much.

It was like a lesson about life, one he never imagined he would learn about as he came from such a close family who cared and loved each other. Key didn't know how it would feel to be abandoned by his family for the sake of money and public image. He felt disgusted with what Yuri had done and even though she had finally admitted it was a lie.

The damage was done and Jonghyun was stuck with a criminal record and judged as a women beating . The feline boy took one of Jonghyun's warm hands into his own, lightly caressing the back of the older's hand while looked worried. It was the first time Key had seen Jonghyun go so quiet, he wasn't a loud person but he usually enjoyed talking a lot to the younger even if it seemed stupid.

The younger couldn't lie, he had grown so found of Jonghyun since the day he arrived, the older had been polite, friendly and even swapped beds so Key to could have the one by the window. Key used to be left stunned when Jonghyun would ask how his day had been, not even his supposed boyfriend asked how his day was or how he felt.

It was just another lesson he learnt, He had so much compared to Jonghyun and yet seeing the older look hopeful when he would ask how his day had been always warmed him up and made feel special. A simple question meant so much to Key yet the simple answer meant a lot to Jonghyun, it was all new to the puppy like man who only had Onew in his life before Key came along. Key had learnt so much about Jonghyun that it amazed him how he coped yet all he could feel was pride knowing the older kept going despite everything that happened.

"I have to go and report down at the police station today" Jonghyun muttered softly, his voice husky yet bitter. Key's eyes widened in shock, he had forgotten about that even though Jonghyun had said something a while back.

Every four months, Jonghyun had to go down to the police station to hand in his report to show he had been at university and working at Onew's cafe. It was so that his family and Yuri couldn't lie and cause any more grief, it was something Jonghyun chose to do but it still hurt to have to prove his innocence. He had a several weekly reports which his lechers and Onew signed to say he was present in class and the time he was there.

During his home time, He had the owner of the dorm block sign the paper to say he was home and studying, he also had time out slips which were filled in when he needed to get some food shopping or go to the library down the road for books. It was such a bother and made him feel like a criminal when he hadn't done a single thing, he was a human being yet people forget he has feelings.

He was just a punch bag for people to take their anger and disgust out on. It always felt like he was some cold, emotionless robot, his parents certainly saw him as their money making cash cow. Flogging him off to any girl to marry if the parents were filthy rich and owned bigger business then what they did. They were never supportive over the older's choice to become a doctor, it shocked Jonghyun seeing as many families want their son's or daughters to do a high profile job like that.

No matter how well he did or what he chose to do, his parent's just couldn't give a single care in the world, the dollar signs in their eyes always seemed more important and shined more then anything Jonghyun did. Key sighed and squeezed the older's hand lightly like it was sign he wasn't alone any more.

"I want to come with you Jjong. I am not letting you go on your own again" Key said forcefully, he was not going to see someone so special suffer any more. Jonghyun deserved so much happiness and Key was dedicated to making sure that Jonghyun was going to be happy from now one.

Recently the feline boy also joined the cafe Onew owned, Key had never worked a day in his life and didn't need too but hearing and seeing Jonghyun's situation really hit him hard. He wanted to start being more dependant and own his own money so he can help pay the rent, help buy food and books for them both. The shock on Jonghyun's face when he turned up for work one afternoon after his morning lechers made both Onew and Key giggle like made for a while.

Jonghyun wasn't expecting to see the younger behind the counter with a cute baby pink apron on yet it made him feel all warm and bubbly inside, something he had never felt before. Work seemed to just get better with the feline boy working there as well. Jonghyun was really surprised to see how serious Key was taking the whole thing, he did have doubts at first that Key was doing it for a joke or for the sake of it.

Some of the customers that always gave Jonghyun grief came in one afternoon and before they could even comment on how dirty, low and disgusting Jonghyun was, Key gave them a mouth full back leaving the whole cafe silent and gob smacked. Most of the other customers applauded Key for his outburst while not being too rude to them and it seemed to shut up the rude ones who left with their tail between their legs.

Jonghyun could only stand there and smile softly with tears falling down his cheeks, it was the first time he felt like someone actually cared about him and it was such an over whelming feeling. Key just smiled and hugged the older, muttering that he shouldn't have to be ashamed of anything and to always hold his head up high. Jonghyun had to visit the station three times a year, the beginning of April, August and December, he was only there for about an hour but it still was a constant reminder that his life had been tarnished and ruined for the sake of some money.

Jonghyun was shocked at Key's words, no one had wanted to come with him to report down at the station. Onew was busy with his business and Jonghyun would never expect him to come when he is so busy. Gazing up into those feline eyes, Jonghyun gulped when he saw them shine with determination, care and something Jonghyun had not seen before.

Nodding his head lightly, Jonghyun stood up to get his reports and slips, shoving them in his coat pocket before going to slip on his shoes. Key silently happily danced in his head, all he wanted to do was support the older and show he wasn't alone and this was just another step forward. They left not long after and Key held Jonghyun's left hand in his own, intertwining their finger's and smiling brightly, it felt so right to hold Jonghyun's hand.

On the other hand, the puppy like man was confused and clueless as to what Key was doing, he thought the younger had a boyfriend yet he was here holding his hand rather then watching his boyfriend's basketball match. Jonghyun felt the question die in his throat, he didn't feel like he had any right to stick his nose in the younger's private life although the younger had been vocal and asked for advice many times before.

Key didn't care whether people were staring at them or not, he was proud of have met Jonghyun and have him in life. Even if he was one year younger then the puppy like boy, he just wanted to care and protect him from all the nasty evil in the world. Jonghyun kept his eyes trained down on the cracked, dirty grey pavement most of the time, that was until a soft, pale hand cupped his chin and his gaze lifted to see strong, loving feline eyes gazing back.

"Hold your head up high Jjong. You have nothing to worry about or be ashamed about Ok. I am here now, ignore everyone else, they are not worth wasting your breath on" Key said and smiled, It made Jonghyun smile and nod his head, squeezing Key's hand softly as a sign of showing how thankful and grateful he was.

They made it to the station and even the police offer was shocked to see Jonghyun have someone with him, it took 45 minutes before everything was checked and he was free to leave. He knew he had to return again in four months but for now it was something he just wanted to forget about and try to think of positive things. Already his grades at Uni had gotten better since Key had moved in and the younger always took the time to show his interest in what Jonghyun studied.

"I am so proud of you Jonghyun. What do you say, we grab some lunch to take away from that coffee shop and go rent some cheesy, fun movies to watch. I heard Home was amazing" Key said happily as he embraced the older once they stepped outside the station.

Jonghyun smiled and wrapped his arms around the younger boy's waist, it felt so nice to hold someone in his arms and feel them return his hug. Jonghyun just couldn't help buy worry he was going to be the cause of of ruining the younger boy's relationship. Although Key meant so much to him, he was scared to cause anyone else any trouble or unnecessary grief.

Key's suggestion sounded perfect, he didn't have any course work to do and he had no classes for the day as his lecture was off sick yet it didn't feel right to take the younger boy away from his boyfriend. Finally getting the courage to ask, Jonghyun pulled back from the embrace and looked at the younger who seemed a little worried at the confused expression clouding those saddened large eyes.

"W...W...What about your boyfriend. D...Don't you want to go and cheer him on. I...it's got to be more fun then being with me" Jonghyun muttered out softly while gazing back at the ground.

He still didn't feel confident in him self nor did he ever feel like he was worth anyone's time. Key smiled and lifted the older's chin up so they were staring in to each other's eyes, the younger caressing the older boy's cheek with his other hand. "He isn't apart of my life Jjong, he is history now. Anyway who cares about him, I have better things to do with some one much more special to me. Now let's hurry before all the good cakes are gone" Key said softly and pecked Jonghyun on the cheek making him blush.

The feeling of the feline boy's soft bow shaped lips on his cheek tingled and warmth spread through out his body. It was like his life had just gotten the kiss of life and he was now feeling alive again. Key took hold of Jonghyun's hand again, finger's slotting together so perfectly, dragging the older boy to the coffee shop. He kept listing off things to get for their day in with some movies. Insisting eating lot's of sweets and getting a takeaway for dinner was the best thing to do to make the whole day perfect and complete and insisted it would make the older feel good.

Jonghyun could only smile and nod his head in agreement, he trusted Key with his life and he hadn't felt that way before. He finally felt happy even though the morning events had made him feel down in the dumps, Key just had that natural effect that made him forget about his problems and get to smile and laugh. Jonghyun would never in a million years think he would find someone to care about him or love him in anyway.

His parents showed that he was properly some unlovable and unlike able fool who people used and abused to make them self's feel better. Key made him feel like an actual human being with real feelings, he felt like a person and he felt like he was wanted. Even the simple things made Jonghyun feel happy, he felt like he was glowing, the way Key always asked him what he wanted to have first and always made sure he got a choice in what they brought and rented to watch.

He beamed happily as they walked home hand in hand, feeling excited for their movie day, he had never done something like this before and although it seemed so dumb to some people, Jonghyun was buzzing like a kid in a sweet shop. While letting Key set up everything, Jonghyun sat on his bed and watched the younger boy, admiring him.

Jonghyun always thought the feline boy was beautiful but the younger was even more beautiful with a such a kind, sweet heart inside him. Key entering his life had been a blessing in disguise, he hadn't just gotten a Room mate but he gained a friend and he had found his first ever love and he found the only person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Someone that made him happy and forget about the past, Key was his first love and the love of his life. Jonghyun never wanted to lose the person that made him feel human again, made him feel alive and feel real happy feelings again. The older was in love and he couldn't lose the boy that helped feel and experience love for the first and gave him a second chance to live a happy and meaningful life as a human with feelings.


A/N Hello lovelies ^^

Thank you to the 37 subscribers already ^^ <333 (send you all lot's of cookies :3)

I hope this was worth the wait ><

Can never have enough Jongkey fluff right XD

Comment, Subscribe and enjoy ^^ <333

I will see you all soon ^^