Chapter One

It's not a date

"Good morning beautiful" Hoseok chirps in my ear at what I can only describe as "too ing early in the morning." But there is no such thing to that idiot. So I just sigh and roll over.

"It's too early, come back later. You dork." I grumble, my voice muffled by the pillow under my head.

"But Jiiiiiiminnnnnnnnn," He whines, poking me in the side. "I realllllllllllllllllly want to go out and play in the sun."

"Then ask Taehyung, you can go feed ducks or whatever it is you morons like to do." I reply, still not lifting my head from my pillow.

"But I don't want to go with him." I can hear in his voice that he's pouting. For someone older than me he rarely acts like he is.

"Fine." I huff out. "We can go."

" YAY!" He cheers and gives me a quick hug.

"Now get out so i can get ready." I order and he quickly complies, skipping off out of the room.

Once I've finished getting dressed I head out to the kitchen to find food and Hoseok.

It doesn't surprise me when I find him there holding out a cereal bar with a dorky grin on his face.

"What's got you looking so cheerful?" Jungkook asks Hoseok as he pushes past me to get some water.

"Me and Jiminie are going on a date!" He beams, passing me the cereal bar.

I feel myself blush as Jungkook looks between us and smirks.

"Aww have you both confessed your wuv for each other?" Jungkook asks in a mocking tone.

"H-hey! Shut up. And it's not a date. Don't say stupid stuff Hoseok." I stammer out. Gosh why am I suddenly so warm? And why are these kids saying such weird stuff? Confessing? Me? To Hobi? As if.

"Let's just go." I mumble as Jungkook just continues to smirk at us. I grab Hoseok by the sleeve and drag him with me, hoping he'd get the idea and follow.

Once we're out of the building we just sort of wonder around for a while. Hobi giving a fairly adorable running commentary of everything going on around us as we walk.

"What was it you even wanted to do?" I ask after about an hour. "We've been walking for ages and we're not getting anywhere."

"Well..." He mumbles. "I did have a plan, but I don't think you'd like it much, so now I'm not sure."

I can't say I'm a fan of the way the smile slipped off his face for a moment as he spoke.

"Are you sure you didn't just forget?" I ask trying to lighten his mood.

"I'm sure." He replies, still not sounding cheerful, despite the smile on his face.

"Take me anyway." I end up saying.

"What?" He asks, looking at me somewhat like I've grown a second head.

"Take me where you wanted to go. And if I don't like it then... how about I pick where we go next time?" I show him my brightest eye smile, because i know it's too cute to resist.

"You promise you wont get mad if you hate it?" He asks looking shyly hopeful. It's a strange look to see on him. But he looks sweet. Even if I'd wanted to I don't think I'd have been able to deny him.

"I promise."

He just grins and takes me by the hand. Pulling me in the direction of a bus stop. I kind of want to ask him where we're going, but I know he wont reply. Instead I take a look at out surroundings. It's a really nice spring day. The sun is shining and the trees are all that really pretty shade of light green.

My stomach feels slightly tingly when I look down at our clasped hands. I mean sure, we've held hands before. And this isn't really any different. So why is my brain feeling so funny?

Suddenly Jungkook's words from earlier and Hobi calling this a 'date' pop into my head.

I know I am definitely blushing. I can feel the heat on my cheeks. But this can't be a date. There is no way Hobi feels that way about me. And it's not like I feel that way about him. Let's be sensible here.

We're just two friends spending time together. Hanging out. Yeah. That's right. Just two guys hanging out. In no way does that make it a date.

These thoughts are still filling my head even as a bus pull up and I'm being dragged on by Hoseok. He pays for both of us and sits us down.

"Don't even bother asking where we're going. It's a surprise." He grins as we set off.

"I wasn't going to ask anyway" I reply sticking my tongue out at him.

"Ah no fun." He huffs.

After a short bus ride, we're once again walking through the sunny city. Only this time there some purpose to our journey.

He takes us on this winding journey through back streets and winding roads, until finally he says,

"We're here."

I look up at the place he has stopped in front of. It is a small cafe with a bright sign and cute furnishings.  

"Why have you dragged me all this way to a coffee shop? We passed like ten of them on the way here." I grumble. I'm not really annoyed, just somewhat confused.

"Just have a little faith in your hope okay?" He grins and grabs my hand to bring me into the small cafe.

Once inside a sweet waitress greets us and takes us to a quiet seat at the back, promising us some privacy. For a moment I wonder if that's why he brought us here. If this was some secret celebrity meeting place. But that would be silly. Reporters could easily find this place.

"What do you want to drink Jiminie?" He asks me warmly over the top of the menu he was reading.

"I think I'm going to have a hot chocolate, I'm in the mood for something sweet." I reply, and the smile on his face seems to get even brighter, if that were even possible. It makes me feel a little bit squeamish, but that's probably normal when you're being looked at so intensely by someone.

"Me too. I think I'll have the same. Wait here and I'll go order, okay?" He bounces up and scuttles off to place our order.

While he's gone I take more of a look around the place. It's sweet. Most of the tables are filled with couples similar to us. At first I think it nice that so many friends are spending time together, just like me and Hobi. But then I start to notice that boys are holding hands across the table and girls are wearing cute couple clothing.

Before i get a chance to dwell on my discovery Hoseok comes back to the table, telling me that our drinks will be right over. He also has a  large slice of cake in his hands.

He sets the cake down in the center of the table. It was a tall, layered cake with icing between each layer. But what made it really special was how each layer was a different colour of the rainbow. It looked really impressive.

"They make the best cake here. And look at all the colours. Isn't it cool?" He says as he passes me a fork to eat with.

"Yeah, it's really pretty." I reply sticking my fork in and bringing a bite up to my lips. The cake melted in my mouth and tasted amazing.

"Oh my god this is good." I exclaim with my mouth still full.

"I told you they make good cake here." He agrees while stuffing more into his mouth.

Soon our drinks are brought over and we finish the cake as we talk about the new Avengers movie that was coming out and other stupid stuff.

When are drinks are finished and the bill payed for we once again head out into the streets. Hoseok is holding my hand again. I don't know what it is about today but he keeps on making me flustered.

"Where would my lovely Jiminie like to go next?" He asks in a slightly sing-song voice.

"How about some food? I've eaten nothing but sweet things all day."

"How about we head this way then?" He says gesturing our clasped hands towards a busy looking street. "There are loads of really delicious street food stalls along here."

"Sounds good to me." I reply. Once again trying to ignore all the fluffy feelings I am getting from how sweet Hobi is being.

Another two hours or so pass. And we've probably eaten our weight in food, buying something from nearly every stall we pass. Hobi has insisted on paying all day, which is making me feel super guilty. But he just shushes me every time I offer to pay.

"Hmm. Perhaps it's time to go home. What do you think Jiminie?" Hobi asks, just as the sun starts to set.

"Yeah, home is a good idea." I agree.

So we make our way back to a bus stop and wait a while for our bus to come. The bus ride home is quiet, as we share only a few passing comments.

Hobi has his head resting on my shoulder. It's feels strangely nice, and has me blushing again. There must be something in the air today.

When we get home, just before we go into the dorm, Hobi takes one of my hands in his and looks me in the eye. A soft smile playing on his lips.

"I had a really nice time today Jimin." He says and the sincerity to his voice makes me feel week at the knees. I want to say something back, but in the end all I can do is stare and nod and watch as he unlocks the door.

What on earth was going on? My heart is beating a mile a minute and I think he has stained a permanent blush to my cheeks.

I stumble into the dorm after him and notice that everyone is eating dinner. They all turn to look at us as we walk in. Jungkook still with that stupid smirk on his face and Jin looking strangely knowing.

"I haven't made you guys any dinner, we weren't sure when you would be coming back." Jin says as he looks between us.

"That's okay." Hobi smiles. "We ate while we were out."

And then he's heading off to change. I figure I probably should too, but instead I end up sat on our sofa thinking about everything that has happened today.

The word 'date' sprang to mind again. It made my heart skip uncomfortably and I quickly pushed the thought away.

But I couldn't keep it off my mind. I mean today had been very date-like.

And there was all the hand-holding and sweet smiles. Was I missing something? There was no way this could be what I was thinking.

Suddenly I felt the sofa dip beside me and noticed Jungkook was now sitting next to me.

"You seem to be thinking about something serious." He said, poking at the  frown lines in my forehead.

"Just trying to work something out." I reply, trying not to be too obvious.

"Would that something have anything to do with our J-hope by any chance?" He grins as I squirm.

"What would give you that stupid idea?" I snap at him. But my harsh tone doesn't seem to effect him.

"Gee I don't know. Maybe the fact you're blushing like an idiot, or how you've spent an entire day on a date with him?" Jungkook says sarcastically.

"We were not on a date." I exclaim.

"Sure. So that's why you were holding hands and giving each other shy smiles all day. Because you were on a totally platonic day out."

"How did you know we were holding hands?!"

"I saw you from the window. You looked really cute."

"But, we're not like that." I argue, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Are you sure?" He asks giving me a look that is far too suggestive.

"I- I don't know." I sigh. This whole thing I just giving me a headache.

"Talk to him." He says, trying to sound encouraging.

"No way. I just can't." What if I make a fool out of myself?

"Fine. But just think about it. Okay?" He gives me a pat on the shoulder and gets up to leave.

As Jungkook walks away, I start to think about what he had said and everything that has happened and decide that it's just too much. I decide to just forget about it for a while.

Sadly Hoseok didn't seem to get the memo. He is just so cuddly and sweet. Always calling me pet names like 'Jiminie' or 'beautiful'. He's always making me blush.

I'm at a total loss for what to do. He always seems so unaffected by everything, while my mind is a mess.

I know I need to talk to him, but I'm scared of what to say. I don't want to come across as weird. I just want to clear my head a little bit.

Eventually I finally muster up enough courage to try.

"Hey, Hobi?" I say to get his attention. It's just us in the  practice room, and I figure now is as good a time as any.

"Yeah Jiminie?" He replies, with his trademark smile.

"You remember before? When we hung out together?" I ask with uncertainty.

"Yeah? What about it?" He says still looking cheerful.

"Well... You said to Jungkook it was a date..." I trail off, not sure how to end my sentence.

"Sure it was a date Jiminie." Hoseok grins at me.

My heart is thumping in my chest. Every second he looks at me serving to intensify the pace.

"But why would we go on a date?" I ask quietly.

"Because you're just so cute Jiminie, how could I not want to spoil you?" Hoseok replies ruffling my hair.

"I'm serious." I say batting away his hands.

"So am I." He says, his face softening. "I wanted to take you on a date, so I did."

"Why?" I ask, feeling heat rise up from my toes to the tips of my ears.

"Because I like you of course." He says it so mater of fact. A gentle hand cupping my cheek softly.

To say I'm at a loss for words would be an understatement. Hobi, my Hoseok, has a crush on me? That date, that wasn't a date, was actually a date? What the hell?

This is all just too much information at once. With his warm and and kind gaze I think back over the past months and how he has effected me. How everything seemed to be about me and him. But there was no way? Was there? I couldn't like him. He was like a brother to me.

But then why do I feel so happy? Why do I always secretly love when he holds my hand or brushes careful fingers through my hair while tired?

I feel like my whole world has end, but there he is just smiling at me.

"I- I think I might like you too." I stutter out feeling vulnerable and foolish.

But then he is looking at me with such pure joy on his face. He pulls me in for a tight hug and I forget to feel anything other than the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"I knew you'd come around." He says into my shoulder as he holds me tight. "Jungkook said I was wasting my time hoping you'd realize, but you did and I'm so freaking happy."

"You talked to Jungkook about me?" I ask feeling a little self conscious.

"Well..." Hoseok says sounding bashful. "He sort of figured out I liked you and then kept on teasing me about it."

"He figured it out? When?" I can't believe he didn't say anything.

"Maybe about 6 months ago?" Six whole months? That's crazy.

"You've liked me for six months?!" I ask, so sure he has to be lying.

"Not exactly... More like a year..." He looks so cute as he shyly confesses.

I can't believe it. All this time he's liked me and I'd been too dense to notice his feelings or my own.

"But at least we both know now right?" He says grinning as he pulls back slightly in the hug. His arms still around me.

"Yeah." I smile in agreement.

We stay like that for a while, just smiling at each other like dorks.Until he breaks the silence.

"Hey Jiminie?" He says.

"Yeah?" I reply, sort of dreamily.

"There's just one more thing."

"What's that?" I ask, feeling like I already know the answer.

"First kiss." He says softly as he leans in slightly.

I feel nervous at his words, but when I look into his eyes and see the same emotions reflected in them I feel strangely confident. I dare myself to lean in too.

Our lips meet in a gentle touch at first. Hoseok being the proper gentleman and not wanting to overwhelm me all at once.

The second time we lean in we are both feeling much more daring. His fingers are in my hair as I bury my hands in his shirt. We kiss for what feels like forever. I have never felt anything feel quite as right as his lips on mine. It makes me wonder why I've wasted so much time by not seeing what was so clearly in front of me.

But as he smiles at me and I smile right back, I'm not worried. I wouldn't change a thing.

 


 

~A/N~ So here we are again. I hope it's okay. I haven't written a whole lot of BTS stuff before so it's a bit new to me. I hope it was okay and it wasn't too dumb. Thanks for reading <3