02 〈 뻔한 멜로디 〉 ♡ 

Flowers, Love & You

 

As Seunghee opened her eyes, she can't believe what she saw. It was Hanbin, quietly sleeping on her left arm. She examine his face nook and cranny. She noticed that he has a pair of sad eyebrows -- straight ones to be in fact. He was handsome and Seunghee adores him the moment she opened her eyes. 

 

But also, she was confused why she got inside the nurse's office. She poked Hanbin's forehead and flinched. She smiled at his cute sleepy face. 

 

Hanbin slowly opened his eyes and look at Seunghee, "You finally woke up," he smiled. "I'm sorry, I'm tired that's why I slept here for awhile." 

 

Seunghee smiled and sit up, "You waited for me here?" 

 

"Yeah," Hanbin stood up and let out his hand, "It's getting late, let me take you home." Seunghee gladly grab his offer and both of them took the taxi together.

 

It was an awkward silence between them in taxi car. Seunghee keep staring outside the window with mixed feelings while Hanbin stares at her again. He just can't take his eyes off her for a second. 

 

"Y-you know about today," Hanbin started. "You lock yourself inside the janitor's closet and I was there... waiting for you to come outside but you didn't."

 

"It was meant to be that way..." Seunghee murmurs. "But by the time I woke up... I realise that I exist because that someone exists too and I have to stay alive to make him happy. Thank you... for saving me." Seunghee smiles.

 

Hanbin took out his necklace which is a symbol of a crescent moon. He took Seunghee's hand and gave it to her, "No need to thank me. I'm the Bright after all, remember The Bright's line? To protect and follow you from behind," he explained. He showed the necklace to Seunghee, "This is really precious to me so I suggest you take care of it." Hanbin smiled. 

 

Seunghee look at him dumbfounded, "No, I can't take this..." 

 

"Of course you will. It's a symbol of our friendship. Starting today; because I saved you," Hanbin said. He look outside the window and stopped the taxi driver, "This is me. See you around, Seunghee-ssi." He took out his wallet and pay for the taxi fares.

 

"Jaljayo!" Seunghee exclaims before he closes the door. Hanbin lets out a sweet smile and wave her goodbye.

 

┈┈┈ 

 

As Seunghee enters her room, she received a text message from Hanbin. 

 

Hanbin: Did you go home safe?

 

Seunghee was surprised, how come she got Hanbin's number all of the sudden. 

 

Seunghee: How did you get my phone number?

 

Hanbin: You were asleep so I just added my phone number to yours and your phone number to mine.

 

Seunghee giggled at his text and replied:

 

Seunghee: Anyway, thanks for asking. I went home safely. 

 

Hanbin: That's a relief. 

 

┈┈┈ 

 

He put on his tie and gel his hair to a smart push-up style. He took out his candy mint and pop into his mouth. "Junhong-ssi," said Chauffeur Park. "Your father wants to see you before you go to to Seunghee's house." 

 

"What the hell he wants to take about?" Zelo mutters. Zelo walk down the big hall of the big mansion. He walk into his father's study and clears his throat. 

 

"You... want to talk to me, hareoboji?" asks Zelo as he sat down on the armchair.

 

"I heard you finally broke off the engagement," his father tells him. "Can you explain to me why is that?" 

 

Zelo smirks, "I don't love her anymore, hareoboji," Zelo stood up and took out the engagement, "I feel nothing."

 

"Remember what you said after I announce that you're engage to Oh Groups's daughter? You said that you liked her ever since high school and you wanted to marry her. You said it's good for the business and for your happiness." His father explained. 

 

"I remember... but I don't want to love someone who doesn't love me," Zelo sighed. "She never said she loved me. It's frustrating." 

 

"Are you sure that's the reason?" His father asks. 

 

"It's better to let her go rather than being force to be with me." Zelo said. His father smiled, "I really hope you make the right choice and never regret of losing her." 

 

I already regret about it, father.

 

┈┈┈ 

 

Hanbin came to the theatre class earlier than usual and saw Mark practicing his script. "Hey," Hanbin greeted. "You're Mark Tuan right?" 

 

Mark scoffs and rolled off his eyes and left the theatre room. "His nice... I guess." Hanbin said to himself. He sat down at his seat and took out his script. He read at scene 10 where The Sad also known as Seunghee died. He read the lines which make his heart hurt, "The Bright became the replacement of The Sad. After The Sad's death in his arm, he became sad and sadder each day. Questioning himself, is this a dream? If this is a dream, please wake me up." 

 

"It is a dream," Seunghee said from the door, giggling. She smiled and went to Hanbin's seat, "Why you are reading the narrator's script?" Seunghee asks.

 

Hanbin look at her neck, she wore the necklace he gave her. He can't help it but to have butterflies in his stomach. "I want to know about the whole story," Hanbin replied. "Have you practiced?" He asks. 

 

Seunghee pouts and shook her head, "Aniyo..." 

 

Hanbin grab both of her hands and sighed, "Scene 2," he smiled. "Gwenchanayo?" 

 

Seunghee's expression became flustered, "You're not reading the script, Hanbin-ssi." 

 

"Answer me, ppali." Hanbin said with a deep tone. 

 

Seunghee giggled, "I'm okay. Waeyo?" 

 

"Well, you look like you've been crying. After seeing you trying to poison yourself in the janitor's closet... Those beautiful eyes became puffy all of the sudden and yet, you tell me you're okay." Hanbin sighed as he closed his eyes. 

 

"Why you are closing your eyes?" Seunghee asks. "If you want to cry. Just cry your heart out, Seunghee-ssi. I promise I won't look." He said. 

 

Seunghee quietly cried while both of her hands got held by Hanbin. He didn't even peek at her but hearing the noise of her sobbing makes his heart even more hurter than she was.

 

Cry as you please but don't make me cry with you. My heart is already hurt enough to hear you cry.

 

┈┈┈ 

 

Both of them walk together through the hallways and Hanbin notice how quiet she was. He scooted in front of her and look at her the eyes, "You're so gloomy after I asked you to cry, you know that?" Hanbin chuckles. 

 

"You want to run away with me?" Seunghee asks. 

 

┈┈┈ 

 

a/n;

 

cries an ocean bc hanbin is so adorable af. oh yeh, zelo's story so that night zelo met seunghee that's why seunghee end up crying on the next day! in the next chapter, there'll be the part where zelo meets seunghee at her house! mark's finally here but he is such a here (to hanbin ofc but his character ain't y) but damn that smile tho oh and taehyung is not in this chapter /cries o k bye

 

sincerely, aexoiu