1/1

Meteor Shower

 

 

 

“There’s going to be a meteor shower next weekend!”


Jongdae puts down his pen to look at Chanyeol questioningly.


“And?”


“What do you mean and?” Chanyeol continues, almost outraged by the lack of excitement coming from his friends (because Baekhyun is there too although it seems like only physically since he doesn’t even respond). He plops down onto the empty seat with a sigh. “Meteor showers are rare phenomena and on top of that are extremely beautiful. They… They’re like Heaven coming down to Earth.”


“Yeah, of course… Or you just hang out too much with Joonmyun hyung to get into that basketball player’s pants.”


Chanyeol gapes at that, ears red and Jongdae is almost proud of himself for being able to shut Park Endless Mouth Chanyeol up but a hand is pulling on his sleeve.


“You forgot a derivative, ‘Dae.”


Oh right, Jongdae is in the middle of a study session.
He sends an apologizing smile to Baekhyun and turns back to solve the problem on the paper.


Chanyeol takes this as a chance to get another meteor watching buddy.


“You better not let me down too Baek’.”


Said boy is busy watching Jongdae making panicked eyes above his Math paper but answers with a sigh because Chanyeol only calms down if he gets what he wants.


“Meteor showers are nice but –“


“Right?” Chanyeol’s eyes literally sparkle like diamonds in the sky. “We should totally watch it together.”


The pen slips out of Jongdae’s hand suddenly. Jongdae reaches down to get it back at the same time as Baekhyun does. When their eyes meet under the table, Jongdae’s heartbeat accelerates.


It’s not the first time something like this happens. Baekhyun just crooks a smile at a dumb joke, stares dreamily through the window while biting the nail of his thumb during class or just brushes his fringe out of his eyes when he’s reading and Jongdae is loss at words, unable to think, heart beating loudly against his ribcage.


It’s a bit embarrassing but something Jongdae had learnt to live with. It took years but he had.


Baekhyun puts the pen in his hand (as their fingers brush Jongdae’s heart somersaults one more) and then both of them are up like nothing had happened. Well, nothing had happened, Jongdae knows. (His heart doesn’t.)


“I don’t think I can make it though.” Baekhyun continues.


Chanyeol quirks an eyebrow while lazily typing away on his phone. Jongdae is 76% sure that the messages go to the basketball captain (was his name Kris?).


“Plans?”


“Well… yeah.”


Jongdae is utterly curious what those plans are since Baekhyun risks a as he claimed “nice meteor shower” for them but he doesn’t question it, just does the homework like he’s supposed to. Staying in silence is hard but with practice that goes well for Jongdae too. It’s none of his business either way. (It’ll never be.)


Baekhyun points at a problem a few rows above.


“That’s right… that too… The third one almost is. Good job, ‘Dae.”


“Really?”


“Really, really.” Baekhyun smiles and lightly pats his cheek.


Jongdae tries hard not to swoon (he really should stop being so obvious) but Baekhyun’s fingers are still lingering on his face so Jongdae can’t help but lean into the touch a bit.


“All thanks to you.”


“Guess I can’t deny that.” Baekhyun chuckles as his fingers make their way towards Jongdae’s jaw.


The latter snorts (ignoring his misbehaving heart and his miserably hopeful thoughts).


“Cocky.”


“If that’s how you say thank you, this is our last session.” Baekhyun warns but the look he sends says to Jongdae that he doesn’t mean it.


He’s about to retort something along the lines of “I know you won’t leave me because then there’s no one to help you with singing” but Chanyeol decides to indicate his presence.


“Guys, stop! I’m in the process of getting a relationship; don’t squeeze my heart with your domestic .”


Jongdae lowers his head, pretending he’s busy with his paper. He actually should be because the exam is two days away and he still messes up so bad but his thoughts are on what Chanyeol is implying. He is only implying things but he should stop before Baekhyun gets what he means. That would be horrible… for both of them.


But Baekhyun just glares at him, not minding to lift off his hand off Jongdae’s shoulder. (He’s always been the oblivious one. Thankfully.)


“We were in the process of getting Jongdae pass calculus before you rudely interrupted us.”


Chanyeol snorts.


“It’s still doesn’t explain why you two are all –“


“Deal with it.”


Jongdae knows Baekhyun is only annoyed because Chanyeol can’t give up but still, hurt flashes is in said boy’s eyes and Jongdae can’t help but take off his attention his paper. He needs some break anyway.


“Hey, why don’t you ask Kris?”


Chanyeol visibly pinks.


Baekhyun replies instead of him.


“Oh please. He wrinkles his nose every time Joonmyun and Yixing hyung feed each other at lunch. Wu “Kris” Yifan doesn’t do romantic. It’s just not his style.”


Jongdae knows Baekhyun is right (wrinkles his nose and looks like he’s eaten something bad) but he also knows Baekhyun is not being a supportive friend. He sends him a behave-look but Baekhyun only looks at him back innocent. Innocent my …


“Exactly.” Chanyeol sighs dreamily, the hand clutching his phone coming to his chest like a teenage girl’s. “If we went only the two of us, he would immediately think of it as a date. But if I bring company, he’ll look over that and he might let loose and I might get laid in this century.”


It’s Jongdae’s turn to wrinkle his nose.
Ew. TMI.


“Ask Tao. He’ll say yes and drags Sehun with him and if Sehun goes, Jongin will be there too and since Kyungsoo can’t be without his puppy he comes along too.” Baekhyun tells casually. “Also tell about the shower to the hyungs. They wouldn’t miss it the head-over-heels they are with each other.”


Jongdae can’t help but gape. That actually is The Most Useful Plan Byun Baekhyun Has Ever Come Up With. Was he planning this or what? He sounds like he was somehow…


Chanyeol ponders for a second then shrugs and stands up. He turns their back on them but Jongdae still catches the little smile which makes his way to his face. (Why is he smiling like that?)


“You’re right. I don’t even know why I wasted my time with you two. ‘Bye, lovebirds.”


When Baekhyun looks back at Jongdae, the latter is still retreating from shock.


“What?”


“Um… You did well with Chanyeol. I’m impressed.”


Baekhyun chuckles and pinches his neck.


“Well, I want to be impressed by your fantastic upgrade regarding to calculus so let’s get back to work!”


Jongdae laughs along with him but his heart isn’t really laughing.

 

- - -

 

Jongdae drops himself down to his bed at the end of the day with a heavy heart. The place where Baekhyun pinched him still tingles. And it feels like his hand is still on his shoulder. And his long, pretty fingers are still caressing his jaw… It’s been two years since his crush has started and Baekhyun is on his mind. Still.


Jongdae remembers that day like it was yesterday. (He remembers every moment he has had with Baekhyun the same but since it was a game-changing experience it’s one of the more vivid ones.)


They were at a karaoke room after school and while Chanyeol was busy rapping along Jason Mraz and Kyungsoo was making out with Jongin in the corner; Baekhyun was leaning on Jongdae’s shoulder, breath still heavy singing a few seconds before.


“He’s so bad.” Baekhyun whispered gesturing at Chanyeol.


Jongdae agreed with a grin.


“His dancing is worse.”


“Right.” Baekhyun chuckled and only God knows why (or maybe even he does not know why) but his hand was grabbing Jongdae’s in the next moment.


Jongdae just sat there like a piece of rock. The way their palms fitted together, Baekhyun breathed against his neck (he managed to replace his head too somehow) and his chest heaved against his did stupid things to Jongdae’s heart and breathing the first time during their four years of friendship.


“Are you… Are you tired?”


“Yes, I’m sleepy.” Baekhyun mumbled, not backing off an inch. When he intertwined their fingers, Jongdae flushed. “Sing me a lullaby, Jongdae.”


Jongdae hesitated for a second or two but at the end he did because Baekhyun couldn’t stop whining and nudging him.


When he shakily finished, he thought he feels Baekhyun’s lips against his and hears him say:


“You sound good, ‘Dae.”


But probably it was only his imagination because the next moment Jongdae checked Baekhyun was slumbering against his shoulder peacefully.


The incident irked Jongdae for days. He couldn’t stop thinking of Baekhyun and how good it felt to have him by his side so close, closer than before but at the same time he was panicking because he doesn’t know what Baekhyun’s intention was with his actions and he was confused with their friendship. (Was it still friendship at all?) It also didn’t help that they didn’t speak about it. Not the next day, not the day after or after that… but a month after that Baekhyun asked out a senior, Kim Taeyeon, and Jongdae got all the answers he wanted and didn’t want to hear.


It should have been the end, right? Jongdae should have given up, move on, being the good friend he has always tried to be for Baekhyun but no, Kim Jongdae had decided to tone his feelings down instead. His heart fluttered when Baekhyun said he wants to be as good at singing as he is but didn’t let it show, just joked it off. He wanted to hold Baekhyun’s hand when they went home after school but put stubbornly his hands into his pockets. He wanted to tell Baekhyun how beautiful, talented and amazing he is; how important he is for him but didn’t do once. Jongdae stayed in silence and tried to be happy with what he had.


It was a little harder than before when Taeyeon moved school and broke up with Baekhyun. Jongdae had to comfort Baekhyun for months. He had to be by his side, wipe his tears away and heal his heart without letting down his guard once, letting his care show more than it should.


And it was the hardest when Baekhyun said things like:


“You’re so good to me, Jongdae. What did I do that I’ve earned to be with such person as you are?”


“Your lips are pretty. It doesn’t mean you can do well with them but I’m sure the one who gets to kiss them won’t have complaints.”


“I don’t want to be in love again... It sounds pretty much as a premature decision, I know, but I don’t want to fall when there’s no one who would hold me. You… you see how noona left. I loved her so much, ‘Dae, and she just gave up. I can’t go through this again.”


Jongdae groans and sits up on his bed. It’s been freaking two years, how come his feelings won’t go away? He can wait for something which won’t happen any longer than this. He can’t be more miserable to himself than this… Young life is all about heartbreaks but the fact that Jongdae’s first one lasts this long is unfair.


Not wanting to marvel over his pitiful unrequited love problems, Jongdae goes to his desk to try to solve some Math problems. Baekhyun is not with him (physically), maybe he can concentrate.


After ten minutes he miserably fails though because an interested article appears on his news feed. (What a surprise, he remained logged in.)

 


“Astronomers confirm awaited meteor shower occurs on May 6”

 


Jongdae stares at the title for long. He exclaimed his disinterest about it just this afternoon and it’s not the meteor shower which grabs his attention this time either but the date. May 6… Why does it ring a bell?


It doesn’t take more than a few seconds before Jongdae realizes it’s the only birthday he actually remembers. May 6 – Baekhyun was born on May 6.
According to the article it’s rare that the meteor shower occurs that day. Mostly it’s predicted around this day of the month but it has been only one or two times that it happened on May 6.


Jongdae shuts his Math book and goes back to his bed.


Maybe Chanyeol was wrong about Heaven coming down to Earth but if it’s not a divine inspiration then Jongdae doesn’t know what this is.

 

- - -


 

Jongdae feels a bit stupid ringing the doorbell of the Byun family at seven in the evening.


First of all, it’s the time they have just finished lunch. Mrs. Byun has probably just started washing the dishes and Mr. Byun has just switched on the television to catch up on the national football team’s matches. Jongdae knows it from experience (he slept over a few times when he was happy being in the friend zone) that he’s not needed now. Especially Baekhyun doesn’t need him because he’s up in his room watching SuperStar K.


But most importantly, Baekhyun was welcomed with a decorated and gifts-filled locker in the morning, Kyungsoo baked him a cake and they ate it during lunch break while singing Happy Birthday and Chanyeol requested I Got A Boy for Baekhyun in the school radio.


Baekhyun had already celebrated his birthday. It was so easy to see through that Jongdae has other intentions.


As expected, Mrs. Byun came to answer the door.


“Oh, Jongdae-a, my dear, how are you? Have you eaten dinner already? We’ve just finished. I’ve made lasagna because it’s Baekhyunnie’s birthday but I think I went overboard a bit because there’s so much left we could feed Baekbommie’s whole regiment but haha it’s not possible since it’s very unlikely I could transfer all these foods to Incheon and even though I could the fee –“


“I’m fine, omoni, thank you.” Jongdae knows it’s not very polite to interrupt his crush’s mother but Mrs. Byun speaks twice as much as Baekhyun when he’s in a hurry and/or he’s embarrassed and Jongdae can’t risk his timing. “I actually came to ask Baekhyun regarding to homework but I’d love to taste that lasagna later.”


Mrs. Byun nods with a smile and lets him in. (Step 1 clear)


As they arrive to the living room, Mr. Byun doesn’t look up from the television just waves.


“Hi, Jongdae-a!”


“Good evening, abeoji.”


“Baekhyunnie is up in his room.” Mrs. Byun speaks again then winks. “Just go up, he’ll be surely happy!”


Jongdae grins with force. That’s debatable.


He knows the directions by heart to Baekhyun’s room but Jongdae takes the stairs unsure. Does he really want this? It wasn’t that bad being Baekhyun’s friend… oh who is he kidding, it was awesome! They’ve laughed so much, leaned on each other so much and helped each other even more. Should he really risk it? I mean, unrequited love but not even being friends more, doesn’t it?


It’s too late to turn around now, Jongdae wails inside as he realizes his hand grabs the handle and the door is opening.


Baekhyun is lying on his stomach while munching on the leftover cake, eye glued to the girl on the screen who is singing her heart out. He only looks up when Jongdae clears his throat. (Here goes all his confidence.)


“Oh Jongdae… hi.”


Baekhyun doesn’t look surely happy and Jongdae gulps. If he’s like this before how he will be after?!


“Hi. I feel like I didn’t do justice to your birthday during the day so I came out to celebrate more.” Jongdae takes a step inside with wobbling legs. “I can come in, right?”


Baekhyun sits up so quick that he almost sends the plate with the cake to the floor.


“O-of course! Sit here, Park Yoonmi is up.” (Step 2 clear)


Jongdae takes seat next to Baekhyun. Park Yoonmi is Baekhyun’s favorite contestant, a pretty little girl with the appearance of someone in the neighborhood but with the voice of Celine Dion. Baekhyun is sure she’s going to win. (Jongdae thinks Lee Wonhyun’s fanbase is too big for him to loose but he doesn’t say a word.)


As Park Yoonmi belts out a high note (that was impressive though), Jongdae takes in Baekhyun’s experience. He’s wearing shorts with a baggy t-shirt, the latter from probably Baekbeom’s wardrobe because it slips off Baekhyun’s right shoulder when said boy shifts.


Jongdae looks away faster when he did during that awful art film Yixing made them watch. (“It’s all about symbolism. The apple represents all the greed he has and the slap is the cruel awakening to hard reality-“ “Hyung, what the are you talking about? That guy just got slapped in the bare with a chocolate bar while munching on a rotten apple!”)


When is that meteor shower coming?


As the commercials come in, Baekhyun (finally) turns his attention towards Jongdae.


“She did great, didn’t she?”


“Yes. As she does all the time.”


Baekhyun chuckles and reaches for the plate. Jongdae knows he doesn’t have a chance to look away this time (Baekhyun would question it) so he openly stares at Baekhyun’s in front of him instead. One look can’t hurt.


Baekhyun gets back slowly. (Too slowly.)


“Cake?”


“I’ve ate enough.”


“You forgot to mention you’re coming over.” Baekhyun says as he digs in with a fork. “Or is it a surprise visit?”


There is no reproach in his voice which Jongdae is thankful for.


“I aimed for the second. Also…” Jongdae eyes the sheets. “Everybody is busy watching the meteor shower. I didn’t want you to spend your birthday alone.”


The fork stops in Baekhyun’s mouth.


“Is it today?”


“Yes.”


Baekhyun doesn’t notice that the show is back and Yoon Jong Shin evaluates Park Yoonmi’s performance, no, he puts down the cake and grabs Jongdae’s hand to pull him up.


“Baekhyun?”


“Hurry, I don’t want to miss it.”


Jongdae follows Baekhyun out to the balcony dazedly. Isn’t this progressing too fast? Like Jongdae had calculated at home that it would take at least two minutes of convincing Baekhyun to ignore his favorite TV show for him. Is Jongdae really that bad at Math or did he overlook something?


Baekhyun closes the balcony door behind them. (Step 3 clear.)


“When did they say it happens?”


Jongdae knows he should answer. But all he sees is Baekhyun looking at the sky with large eyes, his lips slightly parted in anticipation and Jongdae feels all his hidden emotions surface.


“Jongdae?”


Jongdae hears Baekhyun but at the same time not really. He hears his laugh though, his hiccups when he cries so much he can’t even speak and hears him call Jongdae’s name with anger when Baekhyun loses at another video game, with care when Baekhyun knows Jongdae needs comfort for accidentally killing his dear goldfish Sequin and with happiness when Park Yoonmi wins another round.


He also sees a lot of things besides Baekhyun. He sees study afternoons in the library, sleepy Saturday mornings at his house, late night outings at the McDonalds and fooling around at a creek during summer break.


On the contrary, Jongdae doesn’t think a lot. He just puts a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder to steady himself, closes his eyes, leans as close as he has never had done before and presses his lips to Baekhyun’s cheek. (Step 4 clear.)


Jongdae imagined this moment a thousands of times but none of them was this good, he knows the first second he feels Baekhyun’s skin. Actually, it feels even softer than Jongdae has imagined Baekhyun’s cheek would be… Well, it’s a pleasant surprise.


Jongdae is aware of that he doesn’t have much time until Baekhyun realizes what’s happening and pushes him away so he opens his eyes to take a look at Baekhyun’s reaction. What he has not expected is that he finds Baekhyun face-to-face, eyes closed, lips pressed against his.


(Step 4 didn’t go as planned ABORT ABORT AB-)


Jongdae pulls his face back flushing. Oh God, why did he kiss Baekhyun on the lips? He clearly aimed for the cheek! It wasn’t part of the plan! Jongdae had EVERYTHING planned out.


1) He enters the Byun house
2) He enters Baekhyun’s room
3) Somehow gets Baekhyun stop watching SuperStar K and make him go outside to the balcony
4) Kissing Baekhyun ON THE CHEEK because kissing him on the lips would be just too much (not just for Jongdae’s heart but for the future of their friendship)


Jongdae now sees their friendship crumbling down in front of his eyes.


“Um- Baekhyun I-“


He’s ready to get over Step 4’s failure and go on to Step 5 which equals his sappy declaration of love (followed by Step 6 and “… but I know you don’t feel the same way so let’s pretend I didn’t visit you tonight, okay? I just had to get this off my chest. I’m relieved haha~) but Baekhyun shuts him up by pulling him close. He puts a hand on Jongae’s cheek(!) and another one on his hips(!!) and Jongdae is confused, because Baekhyun tilts his head slightly to the side to mold their lips together better(!!!).


It’s useless to say but it’s again something which didn’t go according to Jongdae’s plans. But he doesn’t mind it that much.


Baekhyun kisses slowly but eagerly. Jongdae knows it from the way he nips at his lower lip then goes back to pressing, and after some time Baekhyun even tries for some tongue (though he fails because Jongdae doesn’t dare to open his mouth). He also hums from time to time, eyelids fluttering occasionally. (Jongdae on the other hand opens his eyes to see Baekhyun’s serene face… and swallows all of that above with pleasure.)


Well, Jongdae might have the lips for kissing but obviously Baekhyun is the one between the two of them who knows how.


It doesn’t mean Jongdae just stands like a street lamp. He tries to requite everything he gets and he maybe isn’t that bad because Baekhyun holds him a little tighter, cheeks flushing a little deeper.


Just as Baekhyun’s hand on his hip inches a little lower, Jongdae realizes that it’s all beautiful, and success, and everything (almost everything) he has dreamed of but there’s still a problem.


What comes after this? Because obviously they can’t stay kissing through the rest of their lives. (Too bad.)


It’s hard but Jongdae pulls his hands back (he managed to throw them around Baekhyun’s neck in the process… and even ruffling said boy’s hair up seeing the result) and backs away.


“Why did you do that?”


It takes some time until Baekhyun responds. Jongdae understands because he looks as red as he was when they had to run an extra lap around the gym because they dared to cheat. Although his lips weren’t this red then and his hair wasn’t this ruffled and… he certainly didn’t look at Jongdae like he’s in a trance or something.


“What do you think?”


“I… I don’t know…”


“Do you really don’t know or you just don’t want to know?”


Jongdae looks up to meet Baekhyun’s eyes and he suddenly feels… angry.


“You’re not in the position to ask that. Do you have any idea how confused I was when you acted that way in the karaoke room? I don’t think so because you haven’t brought it up ever since… I was shaken, you know? I saw you in a different light or more like as something more, I suddenly wanted more even though I knew you don’t look at me the way I look at you. And that feeling hasn’t go away ever since, you know? It got even worse actually. My heart does that thing at every action of yours and you invaded my mind more successfully than Math unfortunately… And now you just kiss me and ask if I really don’t know but you know what, Baekhyun? I know everything. I feel everything… You’re the one who knows nothing. The one who’s either too oblivious to catch that someone is in love with him or has decided to ignore everything without telling the other to stop because it means nothing.”


Jongdae doesn’t know how he could say so much after kissing for probably minutes but one thing is sure – his plan has just committed hara-kiri.


What friendship? Baekhyun now has every reason to hate him.


“Don’t make it sound like I’m the only one being ignorant.” Baekhyun speaks up in a solid voice.


Huh?


“I tried to let you know. At the karaoke… I wasn’t sleepy. I was so excited I could sing another song or two. And when I kissed you –“


“That kissed really happened?” Jongdae can’t help but interrupt.


Baekhyun blushes.


“It did… I would have done it better but you were so stiff, Jongdae. You just sat there stiffened, eyes widened and mouth agape and you scarred me for life. I thought you don’t like me the way I like you so I backed off.”


What were you expecting, my best friend was suddenly kissing me, Jongdae wants to say but instead he ends up saying:


“You were so scarred that you immediately moved on?”


Baekhyun scratches the back of his head with a sigh. The action is cute, almost as cute as the person doing it is.


“Noona asked me out.”



“I thought you asked her out.”


“No… but we told everyone it was me. I’m the man after all.”


Jongdae feels a laugh bubble in his throat. Byun Baekhyun and his manliness oh please~ But no, it’s not the time for that.


“I needed to get my mind off of you. I didn’t want to be in an unrequited love forever.” Baekhyun explains on. “And noona was so kind… Although it was you first, Jongdae, I loved Taeyeon, you know. And the way I behaved when she left wasn’t an act. I really felt bad.”


Jongdae nods. That’s not something unbelievable to hear. (Baekhyun implying he loved him first is.)


“I remember. You said so many depressing things… for example that you don’t want to be in love again. That hurt.”


Baekhyun’s face scrunches up at the memory.


“Everyone has an emo phase once or twice… I had mine then. You have to understand, two loves of mine went wrong in a row within’ a year. That’s too much for a sixteen-year-old.”


Jongdae sighs.


“Why do you always complicate things, Baekhyun?”


“Me?” Baekhyun points at himself with disbelief. “You’re the one complicating things, ‘Dae! You should have kissed me last year!”


Jongdae knows it doesn’t help but stiffens. Baekhyun had caught that? He tried to go for it so subtly – he waited until Baekhyun was surely sleep (he does those cute little noises that let him on) and leaned in quick but got back to his mind in the last minute and didn’t do it in the end. Jongdae just pulled the covers over his head and drifted off to sleep with the thought of “it’s better this way, I’m just his friend anyway”.


“You- You’ve known for a year that I…?”


Baekhyun crosses his arms in front of his chest.


“I still couldn’t be 100% sure but I had a feeling… Jongdae, did you really not notice how I behaved around you this year? Like just last week, it was really hard for me not to reach out and pull you under table to kiss you senseless. Even Chanyeol could have watched us, I wouldn’t care.”


Jongdae’s heart is not okay. It’s so not okay…


“Baekhyun…”


“I purposely told Chanyeol to drag everyone with him to watch the meteor shower.” Baekhyun continues relentlessly, his eyes are shining. “I was hoping this year you finally do what I want you to… and you lamely aim at my cheek!”


Jongdae would chuckle at the sulk in Baekhyun’s voice but then processes what he’s actually saying.


“You’ve turned your head.”


“Of course I did.”


“You cheater!”


Baekhyun grins and grabbing Jongdae’s waist pulls him close until they’re nose to nose.


“It doesn’t matter now, does it?” Baekhyun murmurs. “The point is we’re finally here.”


Jongdae feels the oncoming another round of kissing (and he’s so ready for it) but before that…


“I have something to ask.”


“Quickly.” Baekhyun answers, lips already hovering over lips.


“Why did you wait for me to kiss you when you could have done it sooner? I mean you saw how much I was struggling.”


“I did once. It was your turn.”


Jongdae rolls his eyes but they kiss again and Baekhyun shows no slowness this time so he has no time to call him out on being a hopeless romantic. (Not when Kim Jongdae himself is one too.)


When something breaks the constellation of stars in front of the balcony, Baekhyun exclaims:


“It’s starting!”


They sat down and turn their heads towards the sky. A meteor shower is actually pretty, Jongdae thinks. Thinking of the word ‘pretty’ his attention goes back to Baekhyun on his left.


For his luck, Baekhyun chooses the same time to look him in the eye. Jongdae averts his gaze (it’s the billionth time he stared at Baekhyun but the first time he got caught) and reaches his hand out instead. A warm hand clasps onto his and Jongdae recognizes with happiness that their palms are still fitting together.


It feels even better to know that their hearts are fitting better now too.


fin

 

BONUS


“How was the meteor shower?”



“How do you know we watched?”


We? Oh man, Baekhyun caught you at the end, didn’t he?”


“Chanyeol, what are you talking about?!”


“Nothing, nothing… Haha, Jongdae, you’re blushing. What did you two do?”


“What did you do with Kris? I heard he ran away scared.”


“He needs some more time to understand love.”


“No, he just doesn’t need your love.”


“Baek, don’t be mean.”


“Yes. Just because you and Jongdae has hit it off –“


“I bet we kissed thrice as more as you attempted to hold hyung’s hand.”


“BAEK!”


“WHY AM I FRIENDS WITH YOU?!”

 

 
/ this BONUS part is so unnecessary.../
/ i was obviously out of mind when i was writing this /
/ it's almost Stephanie Meyer or HARLEQUIN level guys wtf... /
/ please forget about this /
/ if you liked this you're my hero /