001

Two Detached

She's so accustomed to the loud music reverberating through her body that she can now multitask behind the bar without anything or anyone slowing her down. Her heart still thumps against her chest every time the beat blasts from the club's speakers but that doesn't phase her as she grabs glasses and fills them with people's orders.

"Gin and Tonic!" Ara shouts over the music. She remembers the guy with the 5:5 parting with ramen wavy hair and passes the drinks to him. Another person takes his spot at the bar as he leaves, "what can I get you?"

She does the same thing hundreds of times a night, she could probably do it during her sleep which has happened. Functioning on a few hours is pretty much doing her job while half asleep. Ara doesn't yawn though, thanks to the loud blaring edm tracks courteous of the DJ so it's not a dead giveaway to her boss that she's had little to no sleep.

"You," the guy smirks at her while she tends to the Cosmopolitan requested by the girl with long red luscious locks on the other end of the bar. He says as he leans over the counter as best as he can and flashes her a dazzling smile.

See, maybe this may have phased any other 23 year old female but it certainly does not budge Ara at all. Not his small eyes, not his wide grin, not his slicked back hair. No, this was what came with the job of being a bartender. She not only adapted to the music of the club but also everything that comes with it: the drunkards, sleazy patrons, sleepyheads, pukers, idiots, strippers - you name it, Ara had seen it all and quite frankly didn't care. This indifference towards a flower boy wouldn't be solely attributed to the repetition of these same situations. No, it is within her personality to feel this way. She couldn't give a crap about this random dude amongst all the other random people she had to serve at the bar. The only thing that mattered is doing what she likes best, bartending, and getting paid for it. To earn money out of something she enjoys seems like a pretty sweet deal to Ara.

She continues gathering the ingredients for the drink and chooses between her responses. She gives the girl her drink, walks back to fetch another glass, turns to the guy who had hit on her, and flashes him a 60-watt smile. "Look, I get that you and your friends made a bet to get a girls' number but I think you'd have better luck chatting up someone who isn't me."

He stares at Ara stunned as she looks up at his group of friends bunched up against the glass window of one of the club's VIP rooms and waves. They all look back at her and she sees some fall backwards from shock and laughter. Clearly this man had lost the bet. She catches a glance of Nichkhun walking towards the counter and smiles inwardly. Toying with people is always so much fun. "Aww, but surely you could give me your number for trying?" The guy pushes on and adds in a wink.

Nichkhun approaches Ara and she snakes an arm around his waist dramatically and coos, "I don't think my boyfriend would like that. Right, sweetie?" The male takes note of her boyfriend's large physique and the quite large letters spelling "bouncer"on his black hugging shirt.

"Oh, um, I'll take a Corona then, thanks." The guy tries to salvage what little ego he has left.

Ara gets him his glass of beer and smiles at Nichkhun, "why do I have to say I have a boyfriend to get them to back off? Shouldn't my refusal be enough?" She sighs. Indeed, what has the world come to? A straight forward "no" and decline should be enough to say that said person isn't interesed in another's advances.

"I don't know," the well built man responds, "so... where's Jimin?"

Ara mentally freezes and pities the sweet bouncer. Why did such a kind man have to be in love with such a vindictive ? "Ahh... I'm not sure," she answers flatly.

"Oh, what is that girl doing? Leaving you here by yourself," he laughs.

Ara's aloofness meant she had a killer poker face - hardly anyone could tell if she was lying. Of course Ara knew where and who Jimin was doing, but it wasn't her place to telltale. Heck, everyone who works at this club knows about Jimin's activities! As much as she likes Nichkhun, and disapproves of Jimin's actions, she doesn't want to involve herself into their, or Jimin's affairs. Quite frankly she didn't care, worrying about others only causes yourself trouble. It sounds melodramatic but Ara had learned this the hard way and it was life changing so to speak.

"It's okay!" She flashes her teeth at the naive boy. It's okay because she's been through this so many times as well. Jimin frequently ditched Ara whilst both of them were rostered on for bartending to do heaven knows what. Ara didn't mind it though because it makes her work faster and more efficiently, plus she gets to keep all the tips without having to split them with Jimin. Although it should be said that Jimin has a habit of taking all the tips and not sharing them with her co-workers, not to mention getting paid to do something she isn't doing. It sometimes annoys Ara that Jimin doesn't get reprimanded enough but their boss couldn't do much because Jimin brought in the customers - albeit not the kind who wanted drinks.

Speaking of the boss, she walks up to the counter and gives Nichkhun a knowing look, "you know you shouldn't be here." She says with pity laced through her not so stern words.

"I was looking-"

"For Jimin?" The manager smiles.

"It's my break though Hana~ I'll go to kitchen and get some food. Do you two want anything? I'll put in a word to Daehyun," Nichkhun offers.

"No, thanks." Ara and her boss reply simultaneously.

"Twins!" They both laugh at each other.

"You've been keeping up despite it being so hectic," Hana compliments Ara.

"I've had enough time to prepare myself for moments like these."

"I'll make sure to say something to her," Hana purses her lips.

"Is there any point?" 

"You're right, but it isn't fair on you." Hana frowns as Ara quickly darts around to give people their alcohol fixes.

"Life isn't fair," Ara shoots back.

"You're right. But I need to do something so she doesn't sneak off all the time. It's not fair on you or Nichkhun- oh, and our cust- oh my god..." Hana stops midsentence and stands rooted in place.

"What were you saying? I can't hear you!" Ara hollers over the loud music. She turns to her manager and looks at the direction she's staring at. She doesn't quite spot it at first because of the grinding bodies on the dancefloor but Ara notices as the people make room for the group of tall men to walk by them. Ara is confused because they aren't any troublemakers Hana had to throw out in the past so who were they to make their boss so astonished?

Hana touches her ear piece and shouts out, "get me Jimin and Sohyun right now!" Without another word Hana serves the drink in her hand and leaves the bar. She makes her way over to the approaching group of men and Ara can't but help notice how out of place they look in a rundown club as her work-place. From their fine suits to their looks down to their demeanour, these men seemed too sharp and sauve for one of Gangnam's dirtiest nightclubs. Dirty in a sense that people usually came here for the infamous es and not the DJs. As they saunter closer to the bar, Ara could tell they were definitely a lot more attractive than any male who had set foot into this club, especially the tall blonde slicked-back-haired guy who seems to lead the pack - almost like the alpha male.

Jimin and Sohyun suddenly rush to the bar, "what's the emergency?" They ask Ara who's still trying to attend to the club's thirsty patrons. "I don't know but can you please help out?" Ara tries to get the drinks out as fast as she can.

"I'll go ask Hana," Jimin deviously smiles as she eyes the hot new meat walking towards Hana. Jimin looks like a starved a lioness who has finally come across a fawn to devour whole. She her lips and sways her hips as she seductively walks towards their boss- or was it the men?

"That girl," Sohyun groans as she brings out drinks.

Whatever it is, Ara is sure Hana can take care of it so she continues mixing concoctions and giving them out to waiting clubbers. Ara just finishes distributing a on the Beach when Hana stands in front of the bar with a serious expression. "Jimin and Sohyun, you're manning the bar. Ara come with me." She orders. Despite Hana and Ara being the same age, Ara didn't care when Hana was being bossy because it was her job to take charge and lead. Ara wipes her hands on her apron and leaves the island.

"I can do it! Ara doesn't have experience!" Jimin desperately calls out.

"I'm sure you can but it's time for Ara to gain some experience." Hana curtly - she wans't having it tonight.

Jealousy flushes through Jimin but she couldn't disobey her manager who was being stern for once. She sashays back behind the bar defeated, and Hana leads Ara away. She's not taking her time leading Ara, instead she's walking briskly, almost as if powerwalking. Why does it seem so urgent? Ara ponders. They enter the dressing room, Hana rifles through the wardrobes, and hands Ara a black long sleeved crop top, black platform boots, and a tight black with white squares monochrome midi skirt. "I need you to change into these, please." She urges.

Ara doesn't question Hana's request and immediately changes into the provided outfit. "We're going to go to the VVIP room and serve the big honcho." She informs. Hana checks Ara out and briefly smiles before turning on her heels and taking the lift to the third floor. Ara fidgets as she tries to adapt to the forgein attire, she usually dons the casual black tee and black skinny jeans for her bartending. Why was she wearing something so tight and exposing?

The elevator pings and the two women exit the lift. "They're going to ask for expensive and hard to make drinks so I'm counting on you to serve them right. Don't talk unless you're spoken to and try to be polite." Hana spills so quickly Ara is amazed she could say the whole sentence without passing out.

"Okay."

"Any questions?"

"Who are they?"

"Mr. Big Boss aka Blonde Guy is Sehun. Oh Sehun." Hana enunciates as she grips on to the door handle of the VVIP room. 

~~~

Okay so there's chapter 1, I'm so excited to write about this and I hope you'll like reading it! I tried to introduce all the key players in this so yup! As always, please comment so I know where to improve on or just comment whatever you want - I don't mind haha. See you lovely people soon and thanks for making it to the end of this chapter ;) xxx

PS- I apologise for any spelling errors but I'm short on time and need to cram from my upcoming midsem test :(