Against The World

Perks of Being Aera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aera!” her loving mother shouted called.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that our ever fabulous Aera was still fast asleep, probably somewhere in her dreamland after a Sunday night spent with watching marathons of her favorite KDramas.

“Seo In Guk..” she murmured, hands reaching out aimlessly as her mother started to drag her away from her pillows. Although, that proved to be quite a task for Mrs. Shin seeing her daughter was a full grown 16 years old.

“YOUNG LADY, I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR OFF THE BED NOW JUST SEE WHAT I CAN DO WITH YOUR WIFI-”

“YES, MOTHER!”

And there she went sprinting to the bathroom with the speed of lightning.

_

Trips to school are always filled with Aera karaoke-ing to whatever song the radio plays and her mother trying to lecture her about life in between songs. There is no such thing as peaceful when you’d like to describe Aera and her mother has probably accepted that fact a long time ago.

That her daughter was a self proclaimed loner who never tried having friends. Simply because of the traumatizing experience in which the only friend she ever had (when she was 6) took away her food and since then, she never trusted anyone.

Aera appreciates her food, more than anything.

Food doesn’t judge you. Food doesn’t lie or stab you behind your back. But most importantly, food will always be there when needed –unlike humans who thought they were such a ‘good friend’.

Aera was looking out the window (a habit she had eversince she was little), observing the streets and expecting a slight change in her sight, anything at all but to her dismay –the gates to Seungri High materialized before her two eyes, leaving her to sigh.

“Off you go! Remember to do your best honey-”

“Yeah, Mom, I got it. Love you, bye!” Aera exited the car before her mother could cause her any more embarrassments. She huffed a breath, straightened the two straps of her backpack as she turned around and saw her mother car disappearing.

She cringed as she saw the popular gangs coming out of their respective cars, laughing as they entered the school.

“Isn’t school just lovely.” she muttered, entering the school as well.

_

High school is 100% full of dramatic situations, obnoxious pretty girls, annoyingly handsome sporty guys, and of course the freaks. Shin Aera made it her life goal to stay away from high school as much as she can. She wouldn’t even dare walking around the sacred place if it wasn’t for her scary, demanding woman as a mother. 2 more years to go, she reminds herself, and then she is as free as Dobby –without the sock, of course.

But to the bunch of the hottest, most wanted bachelors in her high school –the so called It Guys named Jongin, Sehun, and Tao, high school was probably heaven. Where else could they act as they please, have no adults’ responsibilities whatsoever, do basically nothing significant and still get loads of screaming fangirls? They’re probably living their dream.

Shin Ae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter