Bubble tea and brown eyes

Nonexistent Love

The sun was finally shining after endless cold and rainy spring days. The grey skies had finally turned into a bright blue that Sehun missed dearly, but now he was stuck inside a small café called SM. All because of Jongin.

“I will end you, Kim Jongin,” Sehun muttered under his breath, waiting for his bubble tea to arrive. He and his best friend had planned to meet at SM before going to the beach (something Sehun originally didn’t even want to do, due to his delicate skin getting burnt so easily), but the latter had apparently ditched the younger.

“Here’s your chocolate bubble tea, sir,” the waitress said as she came over to Sehun’s table for two, which was only sporting one person. She winked to the brunet after placing the drink on the table. Sehun plastered on a fake smile before his usual poker face settled upon his face.

He wasn’t really a grumpy person, it just seemed so due to his “never faltering face” as Jongdae and Chanyeol often called it.

Sighing, Sehun took of his snapback and combed his brown bangs out of his face, observing his surroundings.

The warm weather had finally hit Seoul and the sun was shining through the windows. The young boy was shocked that so many people would be in a café on such a beautiful day, but that was exactly how it was. The café was overflowing and the waiters and waitresses were pretty much running around serving customers. Sehun was lucky that no one had asked to share his table with them.

Sehun’s thoughts were disturbed by his phone ringing. The obnoxious kpop song that Jongdae probably put as Sehun’s ringtone was loud, so Sehun quickly answered it, hearing a familiar voice.

“Hey, Hunnie!”

“You’re an idiot, you know that?”

“OK, I’m sorry Sehun, but Kyungsoo hyung – yes the one and only Do Kyungsoo – asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him and I couldn’t say no, am I right?”

“No, Jongin. You’re wrong. And I hate you, just so you know,” Sehun hissed to his best friend, but you could hear that he was joking.

“Thank you for letting me off this time! When you get yourself a girl, I’ll let you have a raincheck too!” Jongin laughed.

Just when Sehun was going to reply, a tall boy came over to his table and pointed at the available chair. He was wearing a black mask and hat, so Sehun couldn’t see his face.

“Is anyone sitting here?” he asked in a heavy Chinese accent.

Sehun shook his head quickly and gestured towards the seat, trying to show that the seat was not taken.

The tall man sat down and Sehun looked down as he abruptly hung up on his friend, disappointed that he didn’t have time to come up with a good come back to Jongin, like about how he and Kyungsoo aren’t even close to dating. Jongin out of all people knew very well that Sehun didn’t get involved in love and dating.

“I’m sorry for intruding, I didn’t find any other spots,” the man says and Sehun looks up with wide eyes. He had almost forgotten that the supposedly Chinese man was still there, or should he say boy?

The male had taken off his mask and hat and didn’t look any older than Sehun, if anything younger.

“Uh, it’s fine,” Sehun forced out of himself so there wouldn’t be an awkward silence, but the eye contact they had was even worse.

But damn, he is pretty hot, Sehun found himself thinking. The Chinese boy had blond hair and warm, brown eyes. He had a crooked smile and his eyes were twinkling and man, I feel inadequate compared to him.

“Is it usually so packed around here? I thought more people would be outside in such fine weather.”

Sehun was thrown back into the real world and stopped admiring the man in front of him.

“To be honest I’m not too sure, this is my second time here. However it wasn’t this packed last time I was here,” Sehun answered. “But I agree that it doesn’t make much sense that there are so many people inside.”

“Well, then again, we’re in here too,” the Chinese boy said, a tinge of sass being heard. His smirk and voice was almost reeking of diva. Sehun couldn’t help but laugh at the subtle attitude.

“To be honest, I’m only here because I am, or was, waiting for a friend.”

The boy looked shocked as he stood up.

“I’m sorry, did I take his spot?”

Sehun shook his head again, wondering how the Chinese came to that conclusion.

“No, no! He’s ditched me anyways, so it doesn’t matter,” Sehun said hastily, wanting to talk to his new acquaintance a little bit longer.

The said boy sat down again and there was an embarrassing silence lingering, until the Chinese boy broke it.

“Uhm, this is pretty awkward, but I never got your name. I’m Huang Zitao by the way, but call me Tao. I’m from Qingdao in China, but I came here a few years ago with some friends to improve my Korean,” Zitao said in one go with his crooked smile.

Sehun returned the smile, happy that the short tension between them was gone.

“I’m Oh Sehun. I’ve lived in South Korea forever, and don’t know any Mandarin!” Sehun said, combing his hair out of his face once again.

Another silence came upon them and this time it was much more comfortable. The café was just as stuffed as before and the sun was shining even brighter, but Sehun was definitely happier after getting to briefly talk to someone.

“Ah, I love spring,” Tao grinned looking past Sehun and out the window. His brown eyes turned golden when the sun hit them. “It’s like the season of love!”

Sehun’s eyes widened at this statement.

“Love? Are you kidding me? There’s no way that exists!” Sehun said before even being able to stop himself. He usually didn’t voice out his opinion on love, due to all the annoying the discussions it created, but he didn’t have time to filter himself.

Tao looked at Sehun in shock and confusion, before smiling at him.

“Wait, you don’t believe in love? May I ask why?” he asked curiously.

The Korean wasn’t expecting that to be his question. He was more used to the usual “Are you crazy?” or “You’re just young, just wait a bit!”

“Well, I honestly think it’s impossible to truly love something or somebody with all of your heart. In the end humans are greedy and loving others comes second to loving ourselves!”

“But hundreds of people get married and have children!” Tao argued, but Sehun wouldn’t budge.

“Yes, but hundreds of people also get divorced and hate their children. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t abused as a child or anything, but my parents are divorced. My mother would ‘fall in love’ with every man and even woman she saw, but it was just her being greedy and wanting for someone to look at her.”

Tao’s squinted at Sehun, and Sehun wasn’t sure if it was because of the sun hitting his eyes, or because he was thinking over what Sehun had said.

“So you’ve never been in love?”

“Never.”

“You don’t believe in like… loving food or friends?”

“Nope, but I do like my friends.”

“Uh, you don’t even believe in loving life?”

“Not really.”

Tao looked at Sehun like he was crazy, but instead of asking any more questions, he stated something.

“You know what? I’ll teach you how to love!” he exclaimed, a huge grin on his face. He really looked determined, but Sehun wasn’t having any of that.

“Thanks for the offer, but I think I’d like to stay single,” Sehun deadpanned, already going towards the cashier to pay for his bubble tea.

“Wait! I didn’t mean it like that, unless that’s what you want, of course,” Tao said teasingly, not expecting Sehun to flush in embarrassment.

Sehun, not saying a word rushed out of the café after paying, not listening to Tao shouting after him.

 

\(>u<)/          \(-.-")/

 

“Welcome home!” a deep voice boomed as Sehun entered his shared apartment. He shared it with three others, Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongdae and Kim Jongin.

“Hey, hyung,” Sehun greeted Chanyeol as he plopped next to him on the couch. Sehun could hear Jongdae making food. It was probably dinner, even though it was barely 3 o’clock.

Chanyeol glanced over at his younger friend and saw how grim his expression was.

“Whoa, are you OK? Did Jongin ditch you again, or…?” he asked, this being one of the few times he was actually serious. He patted Sehun’s shoulder when the younger didn’t respond. “Earth to Hunnie, are you OK?

Sehun sighed, both because he was tired and because he hated the nickname “Hunnie”.

“Don’t worry Chanyeol hyung, I’ll tell Jongdae hyung about it later.”

Jongdae, hearing the conversation ran into the living room and laughed right in Chanyeol’s face, making the two on the couch jump in shock.

“Hah! I told you that Jongin and Sehun trust me more than you!” he exclaimed, the proudness oozing out of him. His curly hair was all over the place and eyes were full of mischief. Chanyeol stared at both Sehun and Jongdae angrily.

“Puh-lease! Sehun, you’d tell your Chanyeollie hyung anything, right?” he pleaded, trying to do a “bbuing bbuing” pose.

Sehun was internally and probably also externally cringing, but decided to tell both his hyungs what was bothering him.

“Well, I met this dude at SM café today, after Jongin ditched me of course. He was really cool, but was also kind of annoying. He was all like “I can show you how to love” and stuff, and it was totally weird. I felt like I was being treated like a Disney princess.”

Chanyeol nodded understandingly while Jongdae’s eyes were full of twinkles, just for a moment.

“Ooh, isn’t that pretty nice? Being treated like a princess, by a prince charming?” he mused before latching on to Sehun and shaking the younger as he forced Sehun to spill more details.

Sehun had been iron-willed and wouldn’t tell anything other than Tao’s name and nationality. He quickly stormed to his room and made sure to lock the door before his hyungs came asking more questions. There wasn’t any need to ask any questions, their meeting at the café was their first and only one!

The young boy jumped into his bed and sat on his phone in silence, casually browsing his twitter and Instagram, deciding whether or not to put up a new selfie of some sort. He decided not to, since he usually only posted stuff when his hair was colored.

“Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae”

The unbearable ringtone started playing and Sehun looked at the number. He didn’t have it saved, so it could be a telemarketer. But just in case it wasn’t, Sehun decided to answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Sehun!”

Sehun almost got dizzy from hearing the accented voice.

“How’d you get my number, Tao?” Sehun asked, slightly suspicious. Despite their weird farewell, he still enjoyed being with Tao, so he was really hoping that the Chinese boy wasn’t some crazy stalker that had gotten his hands on Sehun’s number.

“Well, I have a friend named Xiumin, also known as Minseok who knows… uh, someone named Jongdae in your household? Well, yeah, I talked about you to Xiumin hyung, and he gave me Jongdae’s number, and Jongdae gave me your number!” Tao said with an excited voice.

“Ah, I see,” Sehun whispered. “Please wait a moment.”

Sehun put down his phone a second too early to hear Tao’s “Uh… OK?” while he stomped out of his room. He came back moments later, with Chanyeol behind him asking why Jongdae was lying on the floor.

“Uh, sorry, I just had to do something. Now what do you want?” Sehun asked once he picked up his phone again.

There was some silence before Tao answered.

“Well, I said I wanted to prove to you that love exists, so that’s what I’m going to do now!”

Sehun looked straight at his white wall, wondering what he had down to deserve this. He didn’t need some Chinese boy interfering with his love free life.

“So meet outside of SM café tomorrow at 5! No saying no, unless you want me to wait countless of hours all alone! Bye!”

Tao hung up before Sehun could decline. Sehun tried calling back, but there was no answer, so he just saved Tao’s number and flopped down on his bed. He might as well just go. He had no choice, unless he was willing to live with the guilt of never meeting up with Tao.

“Great, what have I gotten myself into?”

                                                                                                         \(^3^)/          _(._.’’)_                                        *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚\(^o^\) \(>w<\)

 

 

A/N; Hey there guys!

First of all, thank you to everyone who has voted and subscribed before I even put up a chapter. I’m so touched, and I hope I didn’t fail you guys. i probably did though OTL

This is my first ever fanfic, so don’t expect toooo much, I’m still a beginner. v(‘u‘)v

Anyways, this story will feature ALL of EXO with a few side pairings (not all the members will get a male partner though cx)

I hope you guys can be patient with Sehun’s development – be prepared for lots of denial! Tao will also be showing different sides to himself soon.

Well, that’s all for now. Feel free to comment, subscribe and upvote if you like what you see! I'd love feedback. :D

See you (hopefully sooner than later) next week! (ouo)