Okay

1 month of loving you

“Hello? Do you want to meet today?”

“Not today hun, I’m busy right now. Maybe some other day okay? I promise.”

Well apparently that day didn’t come at all. My boyfriend or should I say ex, decided to end the relationship after THREE WEEKS saying that he isn’t ready for commitments. Such lame excuse I swear to God.

Did I cry? Yes.

Did I continue crying for the rest of my life? No, because someone else came into my life. Chanyeol. He was there when I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend, helping me get my back together. I enjoyed his company eventhough I just knew him for a week. I think he was lonely too since he just broke up with his girlfriend of three years, Minah.

Chanyeol was nice enough to ask me out on a date. I wasn’t expecting anything fancy, but I was nervous as hell. I waited for him at the bus stop opposite our school while listening to songs from my phone. I didn’t realised he was sitting beside me until he tap my shoulders, grinning widely like a monkey. Chanyeol looks so fine even when wearing a plain black t-shirt and a worn out jeans. His hair was kept neat and tidy and his face… Oh God his face was flaw to the less. I was insecure under the layers of makeup I put on! How can a guy have better skin than me? Life is so unfair!

After our shy greetings, we board the bus to the place we’re supposed to go. I was caught off guard when we reached a MOTEL! Wait, we’re supposed to go on a date right? What the hell are we doing here? I thought he was cute and innocent?? I did not expect my first date with Chanyeol to be at a cheap motel! I knew there’s no backing away when we reach our room. Soon lust took over us and we had right there and then. We spent two hours in the motel before going off to a nearby shopping mall.

“You know, I think if you leave me after this, I’ll stay single forever. It’s too tiring for me dealing with heartaches. It’s not completely fixed yet, but guys kept breaking them with no mercy. I’m so tired of that ,” I told him.

“Don’t worry, I’m not a bastard like others,” Chanyeol assured me. We share our stories and our past love life for the next 3 hours. He was an interesting guy I must say. I didn’t know someone chic like him have a different side which not many people know about. I appreciate his openness to others.

The following day, he called me. He said he was sorry because it was wrong for him to bring me to the motel.

“Uh, Min-sshi, I’m sorry. I wasn’t supposed to bring you there. I hope you’re not mad at me. I’m not that kind of guy I swear!”

“Chanyeol-sshi, it’s okay. You don’t have to apologise. I’m not angry at you. If I was, I wouldn’t do those things with you.”

“Thank you Min-sshi. I-I have other things to tell you as well… Actually, I’ve fallen for you but as you know I just broke up with my girlfriend and after all those years I finally have my freedom! You listening right?”

“Umhm, continue…”

“Well, if you’re okay with it, can you not love me any deeper? It’s just I haven’t had this feeling for so long and I’m still confused with my feelings towards you. But I don’t want you to leave me either. I’m sorry! I know I’m confusing but I hope you understand my situation Min-sshi.” At that point, I was more than confused. I don’t know what the hell I’m supposed to do or say to Chanyeol. Part of me is happy because he love me but part of me is sad. How am I supposed to stop my feelings from loving him any deeper? I thought Chanyeol was crazy.

“Okay, I understand where you’re going Chanyeol-sshi. You love me, but you want your freedom right? Okay, it’s too fast for us anyway. We just know each other right? It’s okay Chanyeol-sshi, take your time. I’m not going anywhere.” Okay, I’m the crazy one here.

He was happy that I understood him. I wasn’t planning to leave his life anyway as I’ve grown to love him. Every week we will meet each other and provide love care for each other. And by that I meant . Yes, we have every weekend because… um why not? It wasn’t until one day, he changed. The usual greetings of good morning and good night weren’t there anymore. I was wondering what made him more distant. Did he find another girl? Am I too boring for his liking? Am I annoying the hell out of him? What? What makes him change? I was too scared to ask him personally so I cried to myself thinking of the possible reasons to his changes.

It was a week after my birthday when Chanyeol told me the truth.

“I need to tell you something Min-sshi-”

“You have a new girlfriend? You don’t want to talk to me? You hate me already?” I cut him off.

“Wh-what? Not that, let me speak first!”
“Oookay, continue.”

“Well, you know my ex, Minah? Her dad is in the hospital now-”

“And her dad wants you to marry her? She wants you back?” I cut him off once again.

“No! Listen to me first will you?”

“Alright, I’m sorry, I’ll listen!”
“Okay, so he was admitted to the hospital because of heart attack and Minah’s sister have been complaining to me that she haven’t been visiting and she’s always home at 4 or 5 in the morning. She completely changed and everyone is worried about her.”

To be honest, my mind was in a mess. I felt like he was hiding something else other than that.


“Okay, have you talk to her yet?”

“Yes, I’ve spoken to her nicely but apparently she’s not listening to my advice. Uh, I tell you what, I’ll talk to you again later okay?” And the call ended. I’m pretty sure he still love her. He’s just denying the fact that his heart is still with her because of his ego. My heart aches quite a bit after the call.


He went silent for almost 2 days. I was quite worried about him. How is he? What is he doing? Is this like a silent break up or something? You know girls and their never ending assumptions and insecurities? Can’t help it right?

I decided to check up on him.

Good morning oppa! Hope you have a good day ahead! <3


Usually I will get a reply after a few seconds, but even after two hours there’s still no reply. I thought maybe he was busy or he’s asleep, pushing all the negative thoughts away. It was also the day of my maths paper, so I get ready for school and before I leave the house, I texted him once more.

Oppa, I’m on my way to school already. I’ll text you after my paper.


Half an hour later, I received a reply from Chanyeol.

Please take care of yourself. I don’t think I’ll be talking to you anymore. I just gave up with my life. Everything is already ed up. You take care of yourself.


My heart literally sank and crash. I feel like I got hit by a truck. My mind went blank and I was in the train with my eyes filled with tears. I was controlling hard for the tears to not roll down. It’ll be embarrassing if people around me knew I was crying. What the hell is he doing? I thought we were fine? What is all of these? Why today out of all days?

So, just like that?

Yes

Thank you for everything.

Thank you for everything too. I’m sorry.

Dude, I don’t need your apology, I just need you to tell me this is a joke, you’re joking right? You’re just bored and you want to tease me, that’s all right?

The tears I’ve been fighting to stop kept rolling out of my eyes leaving me, just like Chanyeol. That night I was a messed up emotional wreck who just got dumped. I wasn’t sure if I got dumped or not since we weren’t actually officially together, but we love each other. I don’t know if I’m making sense but, you got what I’m trying to say right? The same night I decided to log into my cousin’s facebook account to stalk him, which I regret a lot. He posted a picture of himself and his ex-girlfriend Minah with the caption “Goodnight <3”. I knew it. I knew it wasn’t because his life was ed up or anything, he went back with his girlfriend. HE WENT BACK TO MINAH! AND LEAVE ME! FOR MINAH!

If there is one thing I’m thankful of Chanyeol’s existence in my life, it would be allowing me to learn how to fall in love again. How to care for someone, how to accept someone and how to be faithful and loyal to someone. He made me feel all the feelings I haven’t felt for ages. I didn’t know I’d fall for him too much that he would leave a huge impact in my life. Thank you Chanyeo, thank you for everything you’ve done thus far, I really appreciate you coming to my life. I still love you and will wait for you, even if you won’t come back I’ll still be here, waiting.


a/n This is actually based on my own experience HAHA. 99% of it is true and the remaining 1% I change it to my own liking. I hope you guys enjoyed my love story though. See you next time! XOXO