Is this all connected?

That Boy Is A Mobster!

I started working at my step father's cafe during the summer of 2013 and have been working everyday since then. I took over serving customers once my mom had died. Dad needed as much help as he could find because he fired all his other employees due to the fact he couldn’t pay them any longer. Mom worked to help dad out, but soon enough things turned for the worse. Dad had a gambling problem resulting in us losing all our money saved and also money still flowing in. One week dad was late with his money, and well, mom had to pay the consequences. I remember bits of the boy's name who killed her. As for his face I could only remember fragments. He was like a dream, only allowing me to remember half of what I saw and heard. I swore that if I met this man in the remaining time I had on this Earth I would kill him, for my mother. I suffer everyday remembering that she has stepped where I had stepped in this cafe. This lead me to tears when I overthought what happened and how it could have been changed.

    “Hello,____? ” I stopped contemplating my revenge and looked up at my father sweeping.

“Yes?” I answered back wondering what he wanted. He turned his body to the side just a little so i could see what's behind him.

“You have a customer to help.” he mouthed

I nodded my head and walked over to the table being occupied by what to seemed to be a frequent customer of ours. when I arrived at the table, the man staring out the window turned to me and smiled. I blushed a deep red like ruby slippers and asked him if he wanted his normal Americano. Looking at me confused, he didn’t say anything and just nodded his head.

I walked toward the espresso machine. That’s weird, I said to myself while I started his drink. When I finished the drink, I placed the cup on a saucer, walked back to the man's table and set the drink down.

“How did you know what I wanted before I ever ordered it?”

I laughed at him. He must have had a rough night last night or something.

“Can I have your name and number?” I hear as I'm walking away.

“I know I've just met you but I feel like I've met you before.”

I turned around and meandered back to his table. “I’d hope you’d feel as if you know me, you come to this cafe almost everyday.”

He looked at me with semi dead eyes. I could feel his stare burning me from inside out. It seemed as if he didn't know me at all, which was quite odd being as he was here everyday.

“Can I have a photo of your beautiful face to use as your contact photo?”  

I nodded my head and  gave him a big smile, while he snapped a photo of me for his phone.

“My name is Bang Yong Guk by the way.”

I look at him with scared eyes, I know that name I’ve heard it somewhere!

Day after day Yong Guk would come into the cafe, always distracting me from what I was asked to do, making silly faces when ever I would look his way, making me laugh and causing others to wonder what I was doing. Our love was growing and so was my smile! Finally one day he asked me to go on a date with him, somewhere away from the cafe where we spend our time together. I was quite hesitant being as we've never really talked more than a few sentences a day to each other. But I said yes anyways, and we decided to go to Namsan Tower.

    He picked me up in his white Mercedes. I had spent hours trying to decide what to wear. I looked out the window just as he was stepping out in a white leather jacket. Oh Lord do they look good in white. Oddly enough we both wore leather, but I prefered to wear my leather black. Not planning that, it seemed as if our minds thought a lot alike. I wore my red hair in a loose curl so it seemed as if I spent just enough time getting ready as I would any other day. When I opened up the door, and his jaw dropped, I knew that he was impressed.

    “I have to make a stop on the way,” he smiled mischievously.

“I suppose, where are we stopping?” I look at him with curious eyes.

“You’ll see.” He said opening my door.  

All right I thought to myself.

We finally stopped and to my surprise it was a hardware store. I wonder why we've stopped here.

From the car, I watched as he walked over to the man working. Then, he started to punch the worker. What was he doing? What did that man ever do to him?  

Then I started to put it all together. His name sounded familiar. How did he get all this money? He must be connected.

He came back to the car. I look at my phone as if I didn't see what just happened. In his hand, he holds a lock.

"What's that lock for?" I looked up at him with a curious face

"I got them for our date at Namsan Tower. Isn’t that where we agreed to go tonight?" he said as he started the car.

I thought that was pretty romantic--the locks would be used to write our names on it and lock it to the tower. That would symbolize locking our love away.  But what did I just watch? The question was lingering in the air. I could cut the tension in the air with a light touch of hand. Was he the one who murdered my mother right in front of me? Was it someone else?

I suppressed so much from when I was fourteen--I just don't remember. What should I do?