Comfort in Memories

it has to be you.
Boojokhaedduhn naui moseup modoo jiwoogo shipuh
I want to erase all of my insufficient former self
Naran saram nuhegen baral guhragon uhbgejji
It seems like someone like me has nothing to give to you
 
Nuhl wuhnhaneun mankeum soomkyuhon nae jinshim majuhdo
The side of me that I kept hidden, the one that wants you, my sincerity
Geu hanbuhndo nuhege boyuhjoon juhk uhbsuhsseunigga
Not even once was I able to show it to you so

 

He had been standing there, tapping away on his phone, waiting for his hyungs to arrive, a bored expression on his face.  It was his second year in the school and he was already getting bored of it.  It wasn't that he wasn't smart, he could easily ace all examinations, but he just didn't like school.

He signed resignedly, and looked into the distance, a vacant look in his eyes.  He didn't like school, but at least that helped him escape from the misery at home.  Frustration flitted across his features; did he really love his father?  HIs mother, who died when she placed herself between her and his father from a bullet.  He knew that his father had never forgiven himself for that; thus he had went back to work with a venegance.

How ironic.  Dancing with the dark, and working for the good.  Would his mum really rest in peace?  He gave a snort, and straightened up as his hyungs approached him with grins on their faces.

"Ewwww hyung, that's so gay!"  he exclaimed as the first enveloped him in a bear hug.

Donghae chuckled and hit the back of his head.  "Yah, I don't go around giving hugs okay, be thankful!"

One by one, he tried to dodge out of his hyungs arms until a voice broke into the chaos among them.

"Kangin, you grab him and I'll kiss him," Heechul instructed, as the rest of the members doubled into laughter.

Kangin laughed and his hands formed cuffs around Kyuhyun.

"Aish hyung!" he wailed, his eyes wide as he tried to tilt his head away from Heechul.  "Ughhhhhh," he groaned.

"Teukie hyung, where's he and Siwon?"  Yesung asked, looking around at the members.

Hankyung answered him as Eunhyuk looked towards the school carpark.  "They're bringing dongsaeng here."

Shindong smiled.  "Yes, after two years, we get a new dongsaeng," He pretended to glare at Kyuhyun.  "Unlike this impudent boy over here who AISH his hyungs!"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.  "The parents..."  He reminded them.

Everyone laughed as they remembered how they all met.  All their parents had connections to one another and that was how they got to know one another as well.  They were often stuck together whenever their parents had to gather together for meetings and although hard at first, Leeteuk had managed to control all of them, sometimes himself being playful as well.  The thirteen of them made an imposing stance, but they were known to be popular in their school, not just because of their parents, but because of their all-rounded performance in school as well.

"They're here!"  Sungmin waved hard to the three figures that were walking towards them, the first raising a hand in reply.

The group fell silent as anticipation awaited.  It wasn't that they hadn't met dongsaeng, they had seen her when she was young but they had not much interaction with her as she was shy and would sit at one corner reading books while the rest of them were being noisy.

Leeteuk stopped and looked behind him, nodding to Siwon who had his arm around a girl.

"Guys, meet my sister, Seohyun," Leeteuk said proudly, as everyone laughed.

Siwon smiled at her and pushed her forward gently.

"An...anyonghaseyo sunbaes," she murmured, bowing deeply.

A chorus of hellos greeted her back as she straightened up and the look of relief was apparent on her face as Donghae approached her and hugged her.

"You haven't been coming to our gatherings!" he exclaimed as she smiled beyond his shoulder and waved at everyone.

"Ahh hyung, don't be a flirt," Kibum laughed as he elbowed him off Seohyun before hugging her as well.

Kyuhyun looked up to see what the fuss was about, and his book slipped off his fingers.

"Cat got your tongue, maknae?"  Heechul teased as he looked at the expression on his face.

Kangin laughed and nudged him softly.  "You're staring at her."

The hair that had fallen down the side of her face had been brushed to one side by the sunbaes, and he could see her eyes more clearly now.

"Kyuhyun..." Yesung touched his shoulder softly, knowing the effect Seohyun had on him.

He shook his head.  "Ahh, hyung," he muttered, unable to beieve his eyes.  "She... she..."

"You haven't met Kyuhyun, have you?"  A voice asked as Kyuhyun looked unbelievingly at Heechul, who wore a smirk on his face.

"Anyo, oppa."  She paused.  "Is he the youngest one?"

"Yes," he snapped as he got to the front, "and I don't..."

His voice trailed off as she looked at him directly in the face.  Any words that had wanted to come out of his mouth had floated away; his mouth had lost the power of speech as he looked at her fully for the first time.

Siwon, standing behind Seohyun along with Leeteuk, chuckled softly to himself and leaned over to whisper, causing Leeteuk to laugh loudly.

She turned back to look at them with a smile on her face.  "Anything funny, oppas?"

Ryeowook chuckled and leaned in to whisper to her.  "Oppa!" she exclaimed, looking up at Siwon.

"I did nothing," he laughed as he placed a hand on her shoulder, Leeteuk still laughing to himself.

"Kyuhyun, you wouldn't mind walking Seohyun to her class right?  Both of you are on the same floor and - "

He didn't hear anything except for his brain talking to him.

Heechul leaned in to him.  "You fell for her, haven't you maknae?"


"Siwon, you able to manage?"

He nodded, his eyes red and swollen from all the crying.

"Leeteuk and Heechul has gone to the pharmacy to get... those... so hopefully she won't..."  Kibum murmured to him, trailing off as he tried to put it in a way nicely.

"I know."  Siwon's voice was lifeless.

Donghae sighed and wrapped his arms around himself, shaking his head as he thought over and over in his head what Seohyun had done exactly to deserve this.

Yesung came down from the stairs with Sungmin behind him, his eyes stinging from the tears that had fallen just now in the room.

The three in the living room looked up in response as them.  Some of the members had came over once they calmed themselves down after hearing what exactly had happened.  Thank goodness it was a Friday, it would not have been good if it was a Saturday...  Sungmin's eyes hardened as he stopped his thoughts from continuing any further.

"She's fallen asleep now," Yesung informed them.  "Sungmin held her hand while I sang to her."

Sungmin nodded absently, his arm around Siwon as he had went to sit on the couch besides him.

It had been difficult trying to get her to calm down.  She had not wanted to get up and move away from the bed.  There was a lot of sobbing, and then wailing as Siwon attempted to carry her out.  She had insisted on bathing and had grabbed her thickest clothes before running into the bathroom and slamming the door.  They had knocked on the door several times, only to hear her muffled crying.  She had been inside there for an hour when Heechul, Yesung, Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kibum arrived to see if they could help.

Donghae had been the one to get her to unlock the door, and after five seconds they entered, according to her wishes, they found her sitting there on the floor, wearing her thick long-sleeved shirt and long pants, her hair plastered to her face and crying.  "Get Siwon and Leeteuk hyung out," he murmured to Kibum.  "She probably doesn't want them to see her like this."

Kibum nodded and with a pat on his shoulder, turned to talk to Heechul who decided to bring Leeteuk out to the pharmacy to try to help Seohyun, while Kibum and Ryeowook half-dragged, half-pulled Siwon out into the living room to try and talk some sense into him.  He had definitely been affected by it; they all knew they were close to Seohyun.  Hell, all of them loved her and were close to her, but Siwon and Seohyun had a connection together.  Even Leeteuk knew, and he would always disturb them and say "my two dongsaengs."

Standing there and watching her, Yesung had felt the heartache and pain as Donghae and Sungmin knelt down to talk to her.

"I'll go get another set for her," he murmured, and then he went out.

Sungmin held her close, his arms circling around her gently, while Donghae had one hand interlocked with hers and the other her head.

They felt her stiffen and tense against them, and they could tell she was trying not to scream.  Deep down she knew they were her oppas and would never, ever do anything to hurt her...

"Dongsaeng, its okay," Sungmin murmured softly as he saw the tears gather in Donghae's eyes.  "Oppas are here alright, you have nothing to be afraid of..."

Donghae continued as they felt her relax against them, her sobs subsiding. "That's right, we're all here to protect you.  Are you warm wearing this?  You'll get sick.  Change into another set later okay?"

She felt her nerves come down and the tension washed away from her body and she nodded.

"We'll go to Siwon's room okay?"  Sungmin continued talking to her.  "Donghae is going to carry you there arraso?"

She nodded, but her hand left Donghae's and reached for his.  "Good girl," he murmured as Donghae lifted her up carefully from the floor and walked out.

"Siwon oppa..?"

"He's downstairs with Ryeowook and Kibum," Donghae told her as he nodded to Yesung before setting her down on Siwon's bed.

"You need to change," Yesung handed the clothes to her.  "We'll be outside, just shout if you need us okay?"

"Ne..." she whispered, looking at the clothes besides her.

It had only been two minutes when she called for them.  Donghae had to go down as Ryeowook had came running up, murmuring quickly that Siwon needed someone who could restrain him...  And the two of them had run down quickly.

"Seohyun?"

She was curled up, her hands wrapped around her knees.

Sungmin went to one side of her and reached for her hand, trying to get her to relax.  Immediately hers reached for him and he smiled gently at her.

"I'll sing to you, arraso?" Yesung asked, sitting on the other side of the bed, and he started singing softly as a small smile gave her permission.

Then as the song ended, she fell asleep, her hand slipping out of Sungmin's.

He had then nodded to Yesung, and the two of them got up slowly from the bed and went downstairs to talk, leaving the door open so that she would feel safe.


Hankyung pulled the bedsheets tightly over the mattress, as Shindong placed some hangers in the wardrobe.

Eunhyuk peered in quizically, looking around.

"Have you guys seen Kyuhyun?"

Shindong shook his head, and Hankyung sighed.  "This maknae..."

Kangin popped his head into the room.  "I've searched the entire mansion...  That maknae of ours have gone missing."

"I don't think we need to worry much, that boy probably just went somewhere to cool down."

The four of them fell into silence as they remembered what had happened just only a few hours before.

Shindong shook his head.  "I never seen him get so affected by something before."

Eunhyuk nodded, his mind whirling.  "Especially for a girl."

"Well, she's our dongsaeng right?  He has a right to be angry.  Aren't we all?"

Three pairs of eyes turned to looked at Hankyung, and he quickly added.

"But we all know why he feels that way even more deeply than us, don't we?"

Kangin nodded, a small smile forming on his lips and Eunhyuk and Shindong laughed softly.

"What time is it now?"

They heard the door open and heard Kyuhyun's voice shouting for them.

"Maknae time," Shindong quipped, laughing.


 

Author's Note:  Firstly, a BIG GIANT THANK YOU to all my subscribers and commenters!  Although I got quite a shock at the responses and comments about her father.  Secondly, I hope I didn't offend anyone in the previous chapters, my sincere apologies if I did.  Thirdly, to make up for my misdeed of not putting any SEOKYU moments up till this point yet, a SEOKYU picture for the main image!  ^^ 

Thank you to each of you so very much for all your comments and subscriptions, chinjja, kamshahamida!  *does ninety-degree bow*

And I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter as well :D

The song at the start of this chapter is Your Eyes by Yesung & Kyuhyun ;D  Omo I love KyuYe too hehehe.