His Name

Under the Rain - 언더 더 비
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four
H I S  N A M E

 

When Eun Seo got to her apartment, she immediately took off her soaked school uniform and slipped into the shower. Her mother taught her when she was a young girl to take a hot shower right away after being soaked in the rain since she was a crazy child and loved to play outside in the pouring rain when she was little. Before her parents left her, each time it rained it brought back childhood memories but now that they're gone, all the rain brought was just memories of the day that her parents left her.

 


By the time Eun Seo got out of the shower and slipped on some comfortable clothes, an hour had already gone by. She made her way over to her usual working table in the middle of her bedroom and sat down, freshly washed hair wrapped in a towel. She reached over to her backpack and pulled out her math notebook and worksheet along with her favorite mechanical pencil and spread it out in front of her. Heaving out a sigh, Eun Seo propped her elbows up onto the table and looked over her notes and worksheets, doing any questions that she knew the answers to off the top of her head. 



Soon enough, her numbers and symbols turned into the letter characters that spelled out the boy's name. Little by little, Eun Seo finally started to notice that the answer to each of the problems all equaled to Kim Hanbin. 
 


x +2y = Kim Hanbin



3x + 9y = Kim Hanbin



x = Kim Hanbin



y = Kim Hanbin



She stared at the answers to the problems with a small frown on her face. Why did the image of that boy keep popping up in her mind? Why can't she forget about him? What was his problem for messing with her in the first place? Eun Seo let out a small groan and slumped in place. It was going to be impossible for her to get her homework done now since the boy was the only thing she could think about. Her eyes slowly fell onto her papers again where the written name was. 



"Kim..Han..bin," she said out loud, sounding out each part of his name. "Kim..Han..Bin."



His smiling face popped into her head and without realizing it, a small smile began to form on her lips. Raising a hand to her right cheek, she cupped it and smile even bigger — it was as if she could still feel the warmth of his hand on her cheek. It was unusual for her to feel that way about a boy who she barely knew. 



Letting out an angry huff, Eun Seo stood up from the table and took the towel out of her hair, tossing it onto her futon bed. She stomped over to the door and reached over to grab her white umbrella off the stand, where it usually was and felt nothing. She blinked and looked over at her hand to see an empty stand next to her. 



"Where did my umbrella...?"



Remembering that she had told the boy to keep the umbrella earlier at the bus stop caused her to let out another groan. She quietly cursed herself for letting the boy keep her the only umbrella she had. Letting out a sigh, Eun Seo made her way over to her drawer and pulled out five dollars from her small wallet, which she hid underneath her clothes, and stomped back towards the door. She easily slipped on a pair of white flats and opened the door. 



Eun Seo stepped out into the rainy environment and quickly pulled her gray hood over her head and pulled the door closed behind her, making sure it was locked. As she made her way down the wet stairs, she clutched the dollar bill in her hand and kept one hand in her single large pocket on the front of her hoodie to hold her house keys. 



"Why did I let him keep my umbrella?" She asked herself. "Aish..I'm such an idiot."



Fortunately, she was lucky since the convenient store was just around the corner so it wasn't anything for her to worry about. When she got to the store, Eun Seo quietly greeted the cashier and made her way towards the first aisle, where all the umbrellas were displayed with their different colors and designs. Her eyes flickered from one to another, trying to select which one she wanted. In the end, she picked out the simplest one; a white-colored umbrella - just like her previous one. Eun Seo grabbed it out of the stand and made her way to the cashier. 



"Did you find everything alright today, miss?" The boy asked as he scanned the price on the plastic attachment. 



"Ah, yes," she nodded. 



"Did you perhaps lose your umbrella?" The cashier asked another question. 



"Uh..yes," Eun Seo lied with a small nod. 



The cashier smiled and told her the price and luckily she had enough. 



When she exited the store, she immediately opened her umbrella and stepped out into the rain. Hearing the small sound of the pitter-patter on the umbrella was music to her ears and she inhaled the scented air. Eun Seo loved the days when it rained - it was her favorite even though it carried sad memories. With a small smile on her face, the girl began walking back to her small rooftop apartment. 




☂️



Eun Seo hopped into her bed after cooking a pack of ramyun and pack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter