You'll Be In My Arms

You'll Be In My Arms

 

You'll Be In My Arms

 

 

 

AAAAAAAHHHHH!

A woman’s shriek pierced through the air as she was slowly devoured by a gruesome monster. Her blood tarnished the floor, leaving it red and a reminder for people to never come to this road again; for if they did, they would suffer the same fate. The monster took its time taking the poor woman apart, limb from limb; savoring the moment as it again eats another pitiful victim. All her body parts bloodied, every section dissected to its very core, no bones neglected as it breaks them one by one, skin peeled off to reveal flesh. This should be a warning; let everyone take caution. Lest unfortunate souls tread the road not taken—the Road of Nocturnal Damnation!

 

 

“J-Jongin… I-I can’t w-watch this… anymore…” Kyungsoo trembled in fear as he hid himself in Jongin’s arms; face mushed on the taller’s chest. He really despised horror movies, but apparently, Jongdae thought it was funny to pretend he brought an action movie, when in fact it was actually horror.

The other members were actually pleasantly surprised; even though everyone loved action movies, they were always up for some good scary fun. They all found it interesting and exhilarating. Everyone that is, except Kyungsoo; who thinks he might throw up any minute now if he has to see another drop of blood drip, or another decapitated victim.

“C’mon hyung, let’s go to the kitchen and fetch you some nice warm milk, yeah?” Jongin gently kissed his boyfriend’s forehead, and they both got off the couch to go to the kitchen. Jongdae briefly muttered wuss under his breath, but it didn’t go unheard of as Jongin glared lasers at him. The trickster simply shrugged his shoulders and motioned for Jongin to attend to his little baby.

As Jongin sat Kyungsoo down on one of the chairs, he could still see the other shaking; face pale, hands clasped together, and almost teary-eyed.

“Hyung, if you couldn’t handle it, why did you keep on watching?” Jongin asked, face full of concern as he gently combed Kyungsoo’s hair with his fingers. “If you didn’t want to, we could have left early and just gone on a date or something.”

Kyungsoo’s lips wobbled as his cheeks grew red. “I… I didn’t want to seem weak… I mean, all of you guys could take it s-so… I just thought, I should m-man up you know?... I-I’m not… I don’t want to be a scaredy-cat… I-I’m manly, Jongin…” The last bit came out as a whisper, but Jongin caught it all the same. He smiled at how precious and endearing his Kyungsoo could be. Sure the guy was a ball of sass under normal circumstances, but whenever he was scared like this… be it about performing well or about horror movies, he was always so small in his own eyes; he shrunk in on himself, and was frightened to the bones. Jongin didn’t want Kyungsoo to belittle himself like this every time a fear rose up. He then decided he would help Kyungsoo face his fears, no matter what.

The tanned male lifted Kyungsoo up from the chair, and sat on it himself; then he placed Kyungsoo on his lap, and gave him a tight, reassuring hug.

“Kyungie, you can face those scary horror movies when the time is right—like, we could schedule a day where I’ll help you practice not to be so scared anymore. But sometimes, it’s okay if you want to run away. Sometimes, it’s better to run away and have time to prepare, instead of trying to face your adversary head on without being ready. Especially, if Jongdae hyung is behind it. Do you understand?” Jongin rubbed soothing circles on Kyungsoo’s cheeks, as the older shyly nodded in agreement to what he said.

When Jongin moved to get Kyungsoo the glass of milk as intended, the older held him and shook his head.

“It’s ok,” Kyungsoo smiled at Jongin. No longer trembling, no longer fearful. “I don’t need the milk, just hug me.”

Jongin chuckled fondly and did as he was told. Cuddling with Kyungsoo never got boring; he was so squishy after all.

“Hey, I’m not squishy.”

Oops, did Jongin just say that out loud?

“But you are, my little munchkin~” Jongin laughed as he tauntingly pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks, earning him a whine from the short male.

“S-stop insulting my male pride!” Kyungsoo demanded, thrashing a bit on Jongin’s lap, as the tanned male smooched every inch of his face.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. My manly baby,” Jongin winked, as Kyungsoo let out an indignant huff.

“But whether or not you ever learn to stand up to the monsters on screen, just remember that you’ll be in my arms. Always. I love you, Kyungie.”

“I love you too, Jonginnie.”  

 

----

 

 

Author's note:

I needed some fluff so... yeah. Kaisoo love.

* I don't own the pics. Credit to the owners!