Last Jang-meo

Last Jang-meo

 

`   LAST JANG-MEO )
[ONE SHOT]
By KaihleeLo

 

Seyeon have had a crush on Jang Dongwoo since they were freshmen, but no matter what she do or does, he take no notice of her out of the odd thirty classmates they have. It was their senior or third year of high school and Seyeon knew that if she doesn't do anything soon then she may never see him again once they graduated. 

Jang Dongwoo was no one special. Sure, he was the captain for their high school's dance team, but he wasn't exactly special. Other than being the dance teacher's pet. Meanwhile his best friend, Lee Howon has gathered most of the students and teachers interest. And out of the few, Seyeon considered herself Dongwoo's number one spy fan. 

She had always admired his bright aura and personality, along with his contagious laugh, and kindness. 

Midterms, the busiest time of a high school student life, was over, thus Seyeon was waiting for Dongwoo after practice, hoping she could confess to him today. After stalking seeing how Dongwoo stays after school to lead the dance class every day, she was used to waiting outside until they were done. Then she would head home with the memory of a hard-working Dongwoo. Creepy

But today she was waiting with a different purpose and mindset. She was practicing her lines in order for her confession to go smoothly. 

"Dongwoo oppa, I like you." She groaned a little, "Aren't I being too direct? It may scare him. He probably doesn't even know me or remember my name...." She squat down against the wall as her feathered-weight backpack bounced against her back. Her long straight black hair fell just around the outter line of her arms. 

She was staring at the ground when someone stopped in front of her, she quickly look up to meet the eyes of a boy her age. Knowing who it was, she shot up and arched backward to create more space between them. 

"What are you doing?" The boy asked first. 

"I....Uh I'm waiting for my ride...." Seyeon lied. The boy had spiky black hair and has a nicely built body. His head of cocked to the side.  

"Want to come in instead?" He asked, catching her off guard. 

"Come in?" She repeated the horror words.

"Yeah, it's just me and Dongwoo since everyone else wanted to spend their free time doing their own things, now that exams are over." 

"But why?"

"Dongwoo and I are working on a collaboration and since none of the kids are here to be our audience, I thought you'd like to come in. We can use some critics." 

"But I know nothing about dancing or music...." Seyeon admits, earning a gentle smile from the lad. 

"As long as you can give us an honest opinion, then that's all we need." 

"But I—" The boy spun Seyeon toward the direction to the door. 

"Just until your ride gets here, you can leave then. Let's go." He then grabbed onto her backpack and directed her to move forward and into the room. 

Inside the room, Dongwoo was in his own world trying to come up with some moves. Seyeon stopped right before the door while the boy came to a slow stop behind her. "Dongwoo." He called. 

Dongwoo look up and over to them, his gaze met the boy's first. "Oh Hoya, you're back from the restroom already?"

"Yeah." Hoya answered, "Let's practice our new song, I brought her so practice would be more serious." 

Dongwoo and Seyeon's gaze locked and she could see a wide smile on his face, showing his gum and teeth. He has a smile of an angel and was gum-rich. 

"Welcome to our dance class Park Seyeon." Dongwoo greeted. Her eyes were lit up when she could hear her full name, how it came out so flawlessly from his mouth. 

"Hi....Dongwoo oppa...." Seyeon greeted with an empty hand in the air. 

"Wait, how come you didn't greet me as oppa?" Hoya asked as he leaned on the threshold, his arms folded and his eyes were on Seyeon's profile. Seyeon bit her lips when she didn't know what to do. 

"Stop teasing her and let's practice Hoya." Dongwoo said with a short laugh. 

For the next hour or so, Seyeon watched as Hoya and Dongwoo put all of their attention and soul into perfecting their choreography to the song, Last Romeo. Hoya had began stripping down to his tank top when the school t-shirt, jacket, and tie were getting too heavy on him. Dongwoo had only loosen his tie. Once in a while they would steal glances at Seyeon, to see if she was really watching them and if she was ready to give them her opinion. 

Hoya sat down beside Seyeon as he popped the lid off a water bottle and handed it to Dongwoo, who sat on the other side of Hoya and was on the floor. Dongwoo took it with great appreciation as he down the water. Meanwhile Hoya just drank enough to satisfy his thrist. "So? How were we?" 

"Good." Seyeon replied. 

"Just good?" Hoya asked. 

"The best." Seyeon said looking to him. From the corner of her eyes she could see how Dongwoo was still drinking, and was looking at the label around the bottle. 

Now she knew why Hoya was more favored or popular between the both of them. 

Hoya was more talkative. 

"Nah I can't take that, give us your true thoughts. How were we? Did you see anything wrong? What was 'the best' about our dance?" 

"You guys were in sync....Except sometimes Dongwoo oppa is...."

"Is?" Hoya waved his hand around, making sure she would complete her train of thoughts aloud. 

"More dynamic." Seyeon blurted out then could see a smile slowly crawling on Dongwoo's face. 

Hoya laughed, "Thank you for also seeing that, I've been telling everyone and even him about it but he wouldn't believe me."

I may have upset Dongwoo oppa....How am I going to confess to him now? 

"Well I got to go now. Mom's probably waiting for me since some relatives from out of town are visiting." Dongwoo said as he stood up and was about to pack his things. 

"Oh, you said you were waiting for your ride from before. Did you miss them?" Hoya asked Seyeon. 

"I'm not sure...."

"Alright because if Dongwoo is leaving then I'm also going to go, karaoking with my girlfriend." 

"I'll walk her home, where do you live Park?" Dongwoo asked Seyeon. 

"Near the pound...." 

 

The school was mostly empty when Dongwoo and Seyeon were the two last ones to leave. Hoya took off moments before them after getting a hold of his girlfriend. Dongwoo shut the door to the room and locked it with a key. "Let's go, we'll have to go to the teacher's office first so I can return the key." Dongwoo said, in which Seyeon just nodded and follow along. 

Dongwoo handed the key over to one of the teacher in the room. "I heard you and Lee Hoya are starting on a new project, is it going well?" 

"Yes teacher." Dongwoo answered with a bright smile. 

"Oh Park Seyeon why are you here too? I didn't know you were in the dance club too."

"I'm not." Seyeon answered. 

"Oh? Then are you and Dongwoo dating?" 

"Teacher don't jump to conclusion." Dongwoo laughed, The teacher laughed when he could see the embarrassment written on both of their faces. 

On their way out, Dongwoo started the conversation. "Don't mind him, you know how Teacher Jin is." 

Seyeon only hummed in agreement. 

"Sorry if you missed your ride because of Hoya. He likes an audience and attention." Dongwoo explained. 

"Do you Oppa?" Seyeon asked. 

"If it makes you uncomfortable, you can just call me Jang. Oppa is....It's still too early." Dongwoo said. Seyeon didn't answer, instead she was quietly building up her courage to confess to him, now that they were alone. 

But she never got around to it. After Dongwoo took her home their relationship got better, as they spoke a lot and learned about one another, then he went straight home. The next day Seyeon heard that Dongwoo got engaged to one of his relative friend's daughter. 

She was also a new student at their school. Once she entered, she was immediately popular. She was pretty and she was the captain of the dance's team fiancee. Since then Seyeon felt she had to stay away from Dongwoo, though they would see one another in class and outside of class. She spoke with Hoya a few times and the latter had invited her to come see them practice, but everytime she just had to decline his offer. 

The thought of meeting Dongwoo face-to-face again was both frightening and unpredictable. 

 

 

On another day, after school was let out, Dongwoo stopped Seyeon from leaving school ground. He stood in front of her with a blunt face. "Why are you avoiding me Seyeon?" 

"Pardon?"

"You never look at me anymore, like the way you used to, and you never say hi or talk to me in the halls or in lunch lines. You always declined Hoya's offer to come and watch us dance, do you know how bad it made me feel?"

"What?"

"I told Hoya to invite you a couple of times because you weren't just an audience, you were on point and I thought we could become friends." 

"Friends?" 

"I don't know if it was something I said or did, but I didn't expect you to stop talking to me all of a sudden." 

"It wasn't because of something you said or did...." 

"Then what is it?" 

"It's because...." Seyeon took a deep breath and look directly into Dongwoo's eyes, "I like you....But then you got engaged....So I felt bad sticking around you." 

Dongwoo sighed, "So that was the reason why." He let out a shy smile, "I never thought a girl would be the first to confess her feelings to me." 

"That's because you're a good guy...." 

Dongwoo smiled once more, instead it was a brighter and more open smile, "I'll be your last Jang-meo if you become my Park-liet." 

Seyeon was taken aback, "What?" 

"Don't pretend to play innocent, I know you've been stalking me for some time now." 

"Watching." Seyeon corrected him. 

"So you admit it?" Dongwoo asked. Seyeon averted her eyes for a split second. 

"Yeah...." 

Dongwoo chuckled. 

"But what about your fiancee?" Seyeon asked. 

"My fiancee? No where did you hear that?"

"The whole school has been talking about it...." 

Dongwoo chuckle, "Oh really?" 

Seyeon nodded, "Yes oppa...." 

Dongwoo moved to place an arm around Seyeon's shoulder, "Don't take it personally, we were pretending to film 'We Got Married' and I guess she was just having fun." 

Seyeon looked over to Dongwoo. He flashed her a bright smile. 

"Let's go Parkliet." 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : For Atsu, hopefully you liked and enjoyed it though it's one of my worst and shortest one shot ever >.< From, KaihleeLo <3

 

 

credits to fallen angel