Chapter 2: A memory unknown

Distant Memory

Kim Nana stopped reading what was written on her journal and took a quick break. She was afraid yet curious, what happened? was it really Sun Woo? 

She shrugged and distracted herself from her thoughts by walking towards part of her room where there were a lot of instruments. 

Nana sat on a stool and picked up the electric guitar, although she looked like she couldn't play it, but honestly speaking. She was taught a lot, and she was practically at the level of the Ahjusshi me tioned in her journal.

Plugging the cord to the amplifier, Nana closed her eyes as her fingers started strumming. Her fingers quickly moved from fret to fret, the music was rock, and she enjoyed it. She swayed her head to the rhythm of the song. A few minutes passed and the song was finished.Opening her eyes, Kim Nana placed the guitar back to it's standee and turned off the amplifier.

"I still can't stop thinking about it." She sighed in pure annoyance, looking at the journal once again, she approached it and grabbed it to start reading once again.

-Entry 4-

"I couldn't stop thinking of him again, what's wrong with me? I remember how he meekly smiled, the look of pure innocence. The following day, I saw him bring a guitar, and like the other day, he stayed at the garden when it was dismissal time. With courage, I walked towards him. Before he could have thoughts of running away, I introduced myself with my last name. "I'm Kim, you are?" He looked a bit surprised at first but he introduced himself nonetheless-

Nana dropped the journal, gaping from the conclusion.

"My name is Sun Woo."

Why couldn't she remember about it, did something happen to her that made her forget? Kim Nana read more, curious on what had happened.

-Entry 5-

"We became friends, he was my first friend, and we spent our days at the garden most of the time. I think I knew what it meant by liking someone, maybe it wasn't gross after all. Everytime he smiled at me, my heart would beat fast, and the days spent with him were one of the happiest days in my life. One day, I decided to confess. On my way to the garden, I saw him writing something. I took a peek and saw hearts at the envelope he was putting the letter into. I tried to control my tears and asked him about it, he said that I should stop pestering him. I ran away to the streets, and tripped myself, scraping my knee in the process. It was the first time I had my heart broken, broken by my first love."

Nana frowned at the revelation, so he really was a jerk long before she thought, she flipped the next page to see that it was torn.

"What the hell?" She tried to look at the other pages and saw that there were writings on it. The entries skipped to number seven.

-Entry 7- 

"I woke up in the hospital today, I couldn't remember what had happened before. Papa told me that I'd be transferring school after I'm dismissed from the hospital, I don't why I'm sad, did I forget something important?"

"Where's the sixth entry?!" Nana threw the journal to the floor.

Surprisingly, something falls from the journal yet again. Nana rolls her eyes from the irony, she picks up the second photograph from the journal and locks her eyes on the picture.

It was her and Sun Woo, smiling like two idiots. 

And that's when it hit her.

Way back then she was in love with him, and those feelings came back when they both met. Then what was the reason why she couldn't remember? why was the other page torn? 

There was only one way to find out, and as humiliating it would be, she had no choice. 

"To ask Sun Woo personally if he remembers a certain 'Kim' from his childhood."


To Be Continued...