Final

1210
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was nothing in the world more horrible than being stood up by a date, and it had to be in a cute diner in a foreign country at a time when the possibility of having fans lurking around was at its peak. Rubbing his hands and exhaling air onto them in an attempt to warm himself up, Tao sat quietly on one of the red bench chairs with white and blue tables. To be honest, it was like a rip off of Johnny Rockets but slightly cheaper and more vintage looking, with the art on the wall more inspirational than artistic. Different quotes, lyrics and mottos adorned the walls and he made sure to read each one of them while waiting. But he knew he was screwed when it was half past nine and so he just took it upon himself to order because well, he was damn hungry so might as well take the wasted time to eat.

“Alone tonight?” 

Personally, he thought it was completely rude for a random stranger who merely took orders in a diner at night to ask if a customer was alone, and at the moment, he wanted to roll his eyes at the lady standing beside his table for rubbing it on his face but he was hungry and he didn’t want her to send him off to the streets so he just nodded.

“I guess,” he bitterly said. 

The taste of beer was far better than having to confess about being stood up at the moment. He took a mental note to order beer later, perhaps, five bottles or more until he was wasted.

“So what’s it going to be?” The lady swiftly took out her order pad from her apron pocket and patiently waited for his order. 

He ordered a basket of soy garlic-flavored chicken legs and wings, rice and a side salad to balance out the meal. Actually, he could do without the salad but he was still an idol and he couldn’t afford to get fat. While he waited for his order, he laid his head down on the table facing the streets outside. It was empty—one or two cars passed by and that was it. The streets at night were barren and dull, and perhaps, he thought, that was why the girl who he was set up with didn’t show up because the night was boring and she didn’t want to bore herself more with such a personality like Huang Zitao. He took another mental note to punch Sehun’s gut later in the hotel because this was his idea. But then, on the other hand, he thought, this was his chance to spend time with himself without the stress of impressing someone and of fans watching his every move. 

He shrugged impulsively and closed his eyes as he heard another car pass and a loud honking from the outside, unknowingly missing the best possible view ever in his life that was crossing the road. The doors’ bells filled the quiet atmosphere of the diner and he wondered perhaps it was his date. But then he didn’t believe it one bit and stayed motionless on the table.

“Uh, hello.”

She was blonde—well, not naturally. But then so was Tao, and her friends had always told her that she looked like him but always denied it because one, she couldn’t see it, and two, because she just wasn’t interested. She didn’t care about anything, to be honest, and she really didn’t want to be here. But her friend was being a and couldn’t have the decency to tell her blind date herself that she wasn’t going. Normally, she would stay in bed and watch her best friend laugh ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter