Why?

When My Love Stops

The notes were tapped out softly on the piano They were quiet and melancholic, they danced like feathers in the air.He tried all the combinations he could think of, but nothing sounded right. They all sounded bland and distant. Soohyun grew frustrated, mad at himself for everything and nothing at the same time.He stared out his studio apartment's large glass window into the bustling night life.He was waiting, but for what? He wasn't expecting anyone, but anticipation twisted inside his stomach.He turned his head back to the mocking black and white keys. He felt alone and suffocated in his too-large-for-one-person apartment. He had managers and band mates that were ready to spend time with him at his beck and call, but he never felt genuinely happy unless he was with that one special person.But it was too late, he ruined it, he ruined it all. His fingers ached from ruined melodies and restless tapping. He pulled them in and stretched them back out, never quite getting rid of the burn. He stares off back to the city lights, remembering, trying to forget.It was only yesterday, everything was perfect, his cheeks were in pain from smiling so much. Not that he minded.

His heart pounded rapidly and his blood pulsed once he exited the stage, his muscles were raw and his stomach pleaded for food.All the members piled in the backroom, tired and sweaty. Their laughs and exhausted grunts filled the room.Soohyun quickly wiped the sweat off to make himself presentable for his fans. He spotted Hoon in the corner of his eye, Hoon strided towards him with slight hesitation.Soohyun smiled brightly, which only made Hoon return the joy. "You did great tonight, do you,uh, mind if I ask you something in private?" Hoon avoided Soohyun’s eyes with a blush."Yeah, sure." Soohyun slips out of his chair and follows Hoon outside of the room. The door click comfortably back in place as Soohyun and Hoon stand in the brightly lit hallway. Soohyun and Hoon have been close for quite some time.

They can always lift each other up when sad and always make each other laugh. Soohyun never thought he could feel this way about another man, it kept him up at night, it had left him confused and angry. Hoon looked at him with complete sincerity, "Soohyun..." the words came up barely as a whisper."Soohyun, we've been through a lot, and I think it's only fair that I tell you that I'm...that I'm...that I think I'm in love with you." Hoon looks like he just lifted an anchor off his chest. But the anchor was now on Soohyun’s chest, his head spun, thrown between emotions, his body was frozen in shock. Hoon leaned in did something he'd been wanting to do for some time now. His lips softly pressed against Soohyun's in a tender greeting.Soohyun snapped back to himself and realized what the pressure on his lips was, his eyes grew wide and blood rushed to his head. Quickly and unthinking he pushed Hoon back, a thousand and one emotions invaded his body. Love, worry, fear, confusion, happiness, hate.

"I'm sorry..." Soohyun managed to rasp out. Hoon looked at him with utter heartbreak in his eyes, his vision slowly becoming blurred with tears.

"Hoon, I'm sorry, I just don't know, I need some time, please.

" The words fell out of Soohyun’s mouth like the apologizes that would never be enough. Hoon had been so sure, but it felt like the other lies he kept telling himself. Overwhelmed with regret Hoon rushes off, clothes,sweat, and all. He catches a taxi before he could be bombarded by fans.Soohyun felt like smashing his head into the nearest wall, but it wouldn't help anyway, nothing would. He made it through the rest of the night with fake smiles and lies. As the others rush through dinner, Soohyun picks at the food. They're barely halfway back to the company when their manager receives the call.

There had been an accident, a drunk driver had burned through a red light and hit a taxi, causing it to spin out of control, the passengers didn't make it. Soohyun stomach dropped to the ground, his head pounded, tears swelled to his eyes the very second Hoons name was announced.

There he was, back again to his apartment, tears streaming down his face, starring into the streets. The room was filled with silence and never again with lovely melodies and door bell rings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for reading.

I hoped you liked it....

(this is just a little something for those who are reading (and waiting for) Student Council is NOT for Everyone.)