Partner In Crime

Partner In Love

“...For jewelry lovers, do not miss the Korean Jewelry Fair 2015 will be held on 16-19 July 2015 at COEX Exhibition Center, 159 Samsung-dong, Kangnam-gu, Seoul.”

"We will act in the jewelry exhibition," a big-eyed man talked after a television news anchor completed the news program.

The 14-inch television was now been turned off because the two men in the living room of a small flat finally got the important information.

"If you just want to rob jewelry, we can do every day at the jewelry store. We do not need to wait up to a month until the exhibition was held, Kyungsoo!" the tan-skinned man responded to the Kyungsoo’s words before. That tan-skinned man was sitting right next to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes because of his subordinates denied what he said. "Stealing at the jewelry store didn’t give any sensation! After all the jewelries on display in the exhibition are all the expensive jewelries. The jewelries on the display are not the usual jewelries."

"You talked like that as if you've always managed to steal the jewelry in the jewelry store," the tan-skinned man pouted. "When in fact you always fail, Soo."

"Shut up! I’m the boss here! Stop insulting me like that! Anyway, I’m not the only one who failed, but we are. We steal together. You remember, Kim Jongin?"

Jongin shrugged dismissively. Being a thief was not his goal. Especially if he should be a thief who was familiar with failure.

In the past, the two ridiculous robbers had a plan to rob a house that supposedly empty because the owner was on vacation. But, what’s the result? The result is, they entered the wrong house, and the house that was visited by the two robbers was the house of a policeman.

Fortunately, at that time they were able to escape, although Jongin must give up his ears to be pinched strongly by Kyungsoo because Jongin gave the wrong information.

Then the two robbers had also been planning to rob a large house, which is reportedly the owner of the house was a wealthy person with abundant treasures. They planned to rob openly, not secretly like the previous case.

But again the two handsome robbers must go home empty-handed, because the owner of the house—which was in fact was a 70-year-old grandmother—even directly interested in the two robbers who had a face like an idol.

Blame Jongin who forgot to bring masks and other disguises tool so the grandmother could see their faces and even want to kiss those two people who would rob her house.

Jongin and Kyungsoo actually brought some weapons, but they really did not have the heart to shoot the grandmother who become their fans.

And many more foolish experience possessed by Kyungsoo and Jongin during their five-month career in the world of robbers.

"You have to prepare everything well this time, black. We still have a month to plan, and we must not fail this time."

Jongin, which was called by the name of black, now grumbled angrily while repeatedly muttering the phrase I'm not black many times. But what can we do? It was a fact, wasn’t it? Moreover, Jongin’s skin color is much darker than Kyungsoo’s.

 


 

One month went by very quickly, and the two robbers with a record of success that reaches 0% was ready for action.

They had done an investigation on matters related to the exhibition, also had made the observation at the venue where the exhibition would be held.

This time they both believe that they would not go home empty-handed again. They believe that they could return home with something worthwhile.

Now the two robbers were still getting ready at their base camp before they drove to the scene. This time they will rob closedly, so they will be in action at midnight.

Tomorrow the exhibition entered the second day, and the two robbers had agreed to act tonight.

If they acted before the first day, then it will be difficult because the security was definitely still very tight. So they decided to act before the second day.

Both 24-year-old man equally took a black beanie, then put it on their heads. They wore the beanie to cover their ears and even almost covering their eyes.

Furthermore, the two men were wearing their varsity.

"Why are you wearing a red varsity? That's too flashy, stupid!" Kyungsoo scolded Jongin which is in the process of wearing the bright red varsity.

But Kyungsoo’s anger didn’t stop Jongin motion. The young man was still wearing his varsity. "I do not have any other varsity. I will buy black varsity after we managed to rob the jewelry."

Kyungsoo—who already wore black varsity—snorting loudly. His subordinates were really smart to ignite his anger.

Why did they work together after all? They initially only college friends who are equally poor, then Kyungsoo invited Jongin to rob. Jongin that was just plain origin agreed Kyungsoo’s invitation. Moreover, Kyungsoo gave him the lure of such success and wealth. Although both of those lure were still in the form of a dream.

Ignoring Kyungsoo who glared at him with his terrible eyes, Jongin started to wear his black mask to cover his handsome face. "You also have to wear a mask, Soo," he said after his black mask perfectly covered his mouth and nose.

"No," Kyungsoo shook his head firmly. "I'm not cold, so no need to wear a mask."

And Jongin was sweatdrop before he shouted, "THIS IS NOT A HEALTH MASK, STUPID! THIS MASK WILL HIDE OUR FACE!"

"HEY! WHY DID YOU CALL ME STUPID? I’M YOUR BOSS!"

Jongin passionately pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks. His boss was just too adorable when raging. "You often call me a fool when you yourself are also stupid, Soo. I think we are one heart."

Kyungsoo harshly dismissed Jongin hands and shudder. "I do not want one heart with you, and I still do not want to wear a mask. I do not want to cover my handsome face."

Jongin could only hit his forehead vigorously. Usually he was stupid, but why now his boss was more stupid than him?

"Let's go! Where's your bag?" Kyungsoo asked as he lifted his black bag containing several weapons and other items that might be needed later.

Jongin lazily flipping his body to take his bag, then showed it to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo’s big eyes widen at the sight of Jongin’s bag form.

"WHY DO YOU BRING A PAPER BAG?!" Kyungsoo’s shouts echoed again in the small flat.

Jongin briefly covered his ears, but then he answered Kyungsoo’s questions calmly, "So what if I bring a paper bag? Bags of this type are very cheap and useful. In fact, I got it for free in the trash in front of this flat," Jongin talked lightly while hugging his brown paper bag.

Kyungsoo likely had to raise his hands in the face of his subordinates's stupidity. But essentially, the two humans were actually equally stupid.

Kyungsoo finally could only sigh, then began to lead the steps to get out of her flat. Jongin followed behind, and the two robber was walking with cool style to get battered car that they would use to action tonight.

 


 

Kyungsoo and Jongin had arrived at the exhibition venue. Their car was parked about 100 meters from the venue because they know that the venue was definitely not be left without any maintenance.

After getting the weapons entered into their pocket and also pocket varsity, the two criminals were finally out of the car and walked into the venue by sneaking.

They would enter the building from the rear. They had been doing the last few weeks of observation, and they saw a large vent that could be removed was located on the back wall of the building.

The ventilation seems to be in the warehouse, and they would come in through the vents. Moreover, they knew that the building’s guards were only focused on the front, so they had a great opportunity to get in through the back.

This time they had planned everything carefully, and they were sure that they will not fail again.

 


 

Hap! Kyungsoo landed perfectly after he jumped out of the air vent holes. The old ventilation had been removed successfully, so Kyungsoo could enter the building with ease.

Furthermore, Kyungsoo tilted his head up. He waited for Jongin who already in the ventilation holes, but the young man was hesitate to jump.

"Hurry up and jump, black!" Kyungsoo gave an instruction in a whisper.

Jongin nervously gulped then he chimed Kyungsoo’s words, "I-I'm afraid of heights, Soo."

Kyungsoo’s lips formed a circle because of Jongin’s words. He forgot the fact. He forgot that Kim Jongin who claimed to be the world's most handsome man had a phobia of heights.

Kyungsoo grumbled angrily and held out his hand toward Jongin, "Hold my hand, and then jump in. You'll be fine."

Jongin was still silent. He stared intently at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was usually very cruel and unfeeling, but this time Jongin could see the care and attention in the round eyes of his superior.

Finally, with a sigh Jongin’s received Kyungsoo’s helping hand, and...

Hap! He managed to land perfectly.

Kyungsoo was true. It was okay though he landed in a sitting position. He did not know that the floors of the building feels very soft. He really did not regret even though he fell in a sitting position.

"G-get off of me, you bastard!"

Suddenly Jongin heard the hiss. He frowned for a moment. From where the hiss was coming? He turned to the right and to the left, but he did not find anything or anyone. Is it a ghost?

Jongin had a shudder of fear, but that man who had a firm jaw then directed his head down, and there he saw the face of a Do Kyungsoo in pain.

Jongin widen his eyes when he realized that he was occupying his boss stomach. He realized that he had fallen on his boss.

Jongin quickly stood up and scratched his neck awkwardly, "Sorry, Soo. I do not know if I fall on you."

Kyungsoo rose from his fall position on the floor then he stepped Jongin’s foot, "You're really stupid!"

Fortunately, they did not cause a fuss. The guard would come in and arrest them if they cause a commotion in earlier incident.

Without a sound, Kyungsoo moved his hand to give a signal for Jongin that they will start to act. They walked toward the front of the building to take the jewelry they wanted.

Tap tap tap. The sound of footsteps made Jongin and Kyungsoo froze in their footing. Those footsteps were clearly not theirs because they'd been settled quietly without a sound.

He was sure it was the footsteps of a security patrol to check the state of the building.

Death to you, robbers!

Kyungsoo really panicked and finally he pulled Jongin’s arm to hide in a narrow slit in the back of a large closet that happen to be not far from them.

Fortunately the body of the two men get into the narrow gap though now their bodies had to huddle.

They stood face to face with a gasping breath and their heart was racing fast. They could actually kill the guard, but they seem too coward and instead chose to flee.

Kyungsoo’s eyes had been overseeing the state, but instead Jongin’s eyes fixed on Kyungsoo’s face.

After a long time, Kyungsoo finally aware of it and he turned his head to the front. He should be a little look up to see the face Jongin because he was shorter than Jongin.

Although Jongin’s face was covered by a mask and the state of the place was relatively dark, but Kyungsoo still could see Jongin’s very intense gaze at him. Jongin even not stop looking at him though now Kyungsoo stared back.

Indeed, their current position was little vulnerable because their whole body were touching and their positions were facing each other. Blame the gap in the back of the closet that is too narrow.

Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s faces also automatically too close together, and their heart that inhabit in the left chest equally pounding because of it. They worry that they could feel each other heart beat.

But Kyungsoo did not turn away from Jongin. He still like to dive in his partner in crime’s eagle eyes. Somehow today Jongin looked at him tenderly and full of...love?

How could Kyungsoo think like that when it was clear that they are both men and Jongin was not possibly fall in love with him! Jongin was still normal, as well as himself. They are both straight, for God's sake!

And when Kyungsoo was busy with his own thoughts, Jongin started moving his hands to approach Kyungsoo’s face. Kyungsoo of course shocked and confused, but he remained silent. He was even more confused when he realized that...

Jongin’s hands now touched the tip of his beanie which is right above his round eyes.

Kyungsoo certainly did not know what Jongin would do, and he was very surprised when Jongin began to pull down his black beanie until the beanie covered his eyes.

Dark. Now Kyungsoo could only see the dark because his two eyes closed by his beanie fabric.

And Kyungsoo felt like an electric shock when he felt his lips touched by chewy and moist objects. He wondered what it was, and he finally realized that it was...Jongin’s lips.

So...Jongin kiss him? Jongin kissed his lips? Kyungsoo could just freeze for Jongin’s very sudden treatment. Jongin’s treatment was not normal for a normal man!

Especially when Jongin started to Kyungsoo’s lips and made Kyungsoo’s body chills.

Because of carried away, Kyungsoo finally kissed Jongin back. Even his hands were on Jongin’s chest. His hands squeezed Jongin’s red varsity.

After a few minutes they kissed, Jongin finally put an end to it all, then he smiled at Kyungsoo.

Jongin’s hands finally moving again, but this time his hands moved to raise Kyungsoo’s beanie again until the beanie no longer covered the beautiful eyes of the employer.

Kyungsoo’s round eyes were immediately greeted by a smile that made his heart melt. Kyungsoo heart felt like bursting by a charming smile.

And Kyungsoo felt his body shivered when Jongin’s right hand his left cheek softly.

"You finally managed to steal something, Soo..." Jongin whispered softly. His voice slightly muffled by the mask, but Kyungsoo could still catch the words clearly.

"I-I do not steal anything this night, Jongin," Kyungsoo replied to Jongin’s whisper with little stutter.

Jongin actually smiled at Kyungsoo’s nervous tone. He was convinced that Kyungsoo’s face was flushed in the darkness. "You stole my heart, Soo..." Jongin whispered back.

Jongin said something related to his heart, and Kyungsoo was really nervous as hell.

"Did I...did I also manage to steal your heart, Soo?" Jongin talked again because Kyungsoo was still silent.

Kyungsoo did not quickly answer the question and instead continued to stare at Jongin with his big eyes.

Did Jongin just express his feeling and then asked Kyungsoo’s feeling on him?

Kyungsoo had never felt privileged to Jongin. He only considered Jongin as a friend who is plain and spoiled like a puppy. Even sometimes Kyungsoo equated Jongin with a pet, and Jongin was never questioned it.

But Jongin’s kiss just now was successfully change his feeling. He felt Jongin really loves him, and he was eager to reciprocate the feeling from his men.

"Y-you...you also managed to steal my heart, Jongin," Kyungsoo finally whispered softly. "You even stole a kiss from me."

Jongin smiled happily to hear the narrative from Kyungsoo. He kissed the top of Kyungsoo’s nose before he spoke again, "Well, you’ve to punish me, Soo. Hold me in a jail of your heart forever."

Kyungsoo tiptoes and kissed Jongin’s left cheek sweetly. "With pleasure, Kim Jongin."

The greatest crime committed by Do Kyungsoo is stealing Kim Jongin’s heart, and the greatest crime committed by Kim Jongin is stealing Do Kyungsoo’s heart.

Now they get prison time in each other's hearts, forever.
At least, they do not go home empty-handed this time. They return home with a heart full of love to each other.

END