i. four months

Do What I say or He'll Find Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who thought that finally being able to hug the person you longed to be with would be the greatest feeling in the world? Certainly not Yoomi, who seemed to be enjoying every second of it. He told her he loved her, she smiled and responded back – telling him she felt the same. He pulled away, smiling at her; she opened to say something but was cut off when he suddenly stopped smiling and started to well, not really speak – more like, started to make noises that sounded a lot like her alarm clock.

*Ugh, not again* she sat up as she rub her eyes, her father obviously shouting from the hall telling her to wake up as she was already late. *One day though, it’ll happen* she stood up to quickly get dressed, *But… It’ll be better if it won’t* she thought whilst stretching, yawning after picking up her bag from the floor.

She bid her father goodbye before running to school, dreading the day as soon as she remembered what day it was. 4 months ago today, was the day where she and her ex-boyfriend, Park Jimin broke up. She honestly would not even care about it however – it was also his birthday.

She looked at her phone to check the time, *07:25am, perfect*. She saw that she had some new messages but then decided to read them later in her classroom when the teacher was either away, or not looking.

“Hey dumbo” she knew whose voice it was and so she decided to just walk away from him and walk straight to class.

*Don’t touch me, leave me alone* she wished, but sadly her wish wasn’t granted when she was about to enter her classroom. He pulled her before she could get in and made her face him, letting her see the grin on his face.

“Where do you think you’re going, missy?” he said whilst placing his hand on her shoulder, not caring what she says. “Did you forget what day it was or -” she used her free hand to slap the hand that was on her shoulder, slightly pushing him away whilst rolling her eyes. “Happy birthday,” She smiled in a way that it was obvious she didn’t mean it, before continuing to speak “there, I greeted you.”

He scrunched his nose whilst shaking his head, scoffing at her as if she said something wrong. “Wow, you know you could say that in a sweeter voice, y’know?” he tilted his head.

“Yoomi and Jimin, go to your classes if you don’t want to miss your lunch and go to detention instead.” a teacher from the room across shouted at them, making Yoomi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter