Fiction & Fact

Fiction & Fact

 

 

“I love you” he said in his sweetest voice. “I love you too much, I’ll never let you go…” he said in his last breath before falling asleep next to me.

 

“I love you too” I whispered back. I placed a small kiss on the tip of his nose before closing my eyes and falling asleep in his embrace.

 

This night I had a nightmare. I dreamed of him leaving me. His back was facing me the whole time even if I was calling out his name. ‘Minho! Minho look at me! I’m here! Did you forget me? Don’t leave me alone! Don’t go…’ He never looked at me. The more I screamed, the more he would disappear; his body soon became shadow, and shadow soon totally blend in the dark. 

 

I woke up in a jump. I was sweating like hell and my heart was hurting like crazy, as if someone had just crushed it in his hand. I breathe heavily, looking around me. He was still with me. He was there, lying next to me. I had woken him up; he was looking at me worriedly. But as soon as I saw his beautiful face, I calmed down. I smiled to him and lied next to him again. I buried my head to his chest and he automatically rested his arm on my back, hugging me. “What’s wrong?” he asked, still worried, as I didn’t say anything. I looked up at him. It was about 6 o’clock and the sun was rising. I could see the rays of the sun illuminating his pretty face. Even if he had just woken up, he was still as handsome as usual.

 

This thought brought another smile to my lips. And as I rested back my head on his chest, giggling, he asked a bit more irritably, but still sweetly “Hey, was is it?” He tried to sit up, but with my weight, he half succeeded and leaned on his elbows. As I didn’t answer, he lied back down after a few minutes and said amusingly “Fine, if you won’t tell me!”. He started to tickle me like crazy.

 

After a few minutes of playing, he stopped allowing me to take my breath back. I was still laughing as I hugged him tightly. I really loved those kind of morning, well not the nightmare part, but the part where we would just wake up a play like this as if the rest of the world didn’t exist.

 

“I had a nightmare, but it was nothing” I finally told him. He asked me what it was and I told him everything. I told him how he ignored me and how he kept moving away from me. I didn’t look at him when I recited my dream, though I could feel him a bit tense. When I finished, I looked at him with a big smile on my face and suddenly, he hugged me as if it was the last time he would see me.

 

“You know I would never do that!” He said “I would never leave you alone like this! I love you and you know it! Don’t you go and dream about something like that again!”

 

To his sweet words, tears slowly appeared in my eyes. “I know” is the only thing I managed to say before bursting into tears. “I love you too”

 

~

 

There was another chapter done. Taemin stared at his computer lost in his thoughts. He was happy. Minho was still with him. With a big smile on his face, he got up. He changed into his pyjama and brushed his teeth without a word. To Taemin, it felt weird to do everything in deep silence. He would have liked to hear Minho’s voice. But, what did it matter, Minho as still with him.

 

After turning the lights off, he got under those cold sheets. Cold sheets… But the more he thought about it, the more it felt warm to be in those sheets. Minho was there with him. The warmth of their love warmed him up. Taemin looked on his side and he could see him. He could see Minho staring at him with his perfect smile. He was there. He was there, but he wasn’t touching him. How much Taemin would’ve loved Minho to hug him. But Taemin showed no trace of sadness. Instead, he hugged himself to sleep.

 

This night again he dreamed about Minho. He had this smile on his face. This beautiful smile… he was laughing… he was happy. But there was this thing wrong… he never looked at Taemin. He never even noticed him. Again, Taemin tried to get his attention. He called out his name, he waved in front of his face, he jumped in front of him, he screamed the loudest he could… but nothing; Minho would still ignore him. On the verge of giving up, Taemin called out his name one last time and it’s only then that Minho noticed the poor and pitiful Taemin on the ground. Minho stared at him. He stared, but not the way he would normally. There was no love in his eyes, only pity and disgust. “…why…?” Taemin managed to say. Then Minho turned and walked away. “MINHOOOO!!!!!!.....”

 

He woke up sweating and breathing heavily. He looked around him to find that no Minho was to be found. He quickly got up and ran around his whole apartment to find him. But he wasn’t there. His things weren’t there. No trace of him… Taemin collapsed on the floor, tears running down his cheeks. He remembered it again…

 

“Let’s break up” he said emotionless. I stared at him as if a third eye had just appeared on his face. He stared back, waiting for an answer. I opened my mouth to protest to his last words, but no words would come out. I wanted to ask why… I wanted to know what had happen to the perfect couple we had been few days ago. Was it because he had found someone else? Was it because he had suddenly stopped loving me?

 

Only after a few seconds of silent, he got up and left, tired of watching me looking for something to say. He didn’t say anything, not even goodbye. “Minho!” I called, as he was about to open the door to leave. “Why?” I asked more quietly this time. He stopped and stood still, as if he, himself, was looking for an answer.

 

But this answer never came. “I’m sorry...” he whispered loud enough for me to hear. Then he left, softly closing the door behind him. Although he had sounded so heartless when he asked to break up, I still felt something when he said he was sorry. Something like regrets or pity. I just didn’t know how to react.

 

There it was, Taemin thought. Minho said he was sorry. He was coming back for sure. Instead of apologizing, he could’ve just scream at him and end this violently… but instead he sounded sad about this… this just meant he was coming back.

 

He got up as fast as he had collapsed and went back to his computer. He turned it on and directly went to this fiction he had ben writing for two years now, the fiction of their story.

 

“There is no end for us” Taemin said out loud before starting to type again.

 

So another day began, where Taemin would spend the rest of his day writing on his computer, sometimes glancing at the door in case Minho would open it to tell him he was back. But what he had never noticed, or simply forgot due to his craziness; there was a envelope lying on the table next to the door. There was an envelope addressed to Taemin. It was from Minho. He had left it there before leaving him.

 

It probably explained why he broke up regretfully or maybe a way to make up… no one will know until Taemin moves on…

 

A/N: I know it’s not the sweetest moment I’ve ever written, but it had to be short and related to a dream and… that’s… no so good, but I think it’s ok for the story.

A/N2: I’ll leave Minho’s reason of breaking up to your imagination… hahah   (And if you actually want to write it… please mention me as the author or the inspiration. Thank you)