Recovery

Recovery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Author's POV
Her blood was on fire. The very motion of it running through her veins and arteries was agony. At least she could take some comfort in that she was not the only one suffering. She’d been able to hear them for so long that it was almost second nature and right now was certainly no exception. They, the microscopic machines that had invaded and taken control of her body, experienced the agony with her.

In that, Jessica rejoiced. She laughed even as she heard her own voice howling in pain. She emanated smugness even when they fairly snarled at her, but knew they were too distracted to inflict pain on her.

She did not doubt for a single moment who was behind this. Atlantis. Her people had found a way, just as they always did. The Asurans as a whole were dying. Even as they thought they stood at the eve of their final victory, they were in fact viewing their inevitable defeat. Atlantis, with Rodney likely at the head of it, had found a way.

Whatever they had done, it was not going on just inside of her. The fleet of ships of which the Replicators were so proud, the armada they planned to use to bring galaxy after galaxy under their control, was under falling apart at the seams. She didn’t know how, but it was done with precision. Volts of electricity flowed through the bridge, and the ship bucked and groaned under some kind of hidden stress.

Even as her body was thrown around the bridge of their capital ship, slamming into various empty consoles, Jessica was content for the first time in over a year. She was certain she was dying, but as long as these monsters were going with her, she didn’t mind too much. And they were suffering, so that made it even better.

Under other circumstances, she might have found the idea of relishing in the pain of others disturbing. Not this time.

The other Replicators were gone, having already been reduced to dust. The crew of the ship, the crew of the entire fleet, they were all gone now. All of them except for those inside her, and they were screaming, howling in denial as they slowly perished.

Experiencing some difficulties? she asked.

It is nothing , we will prevail.

Jessica smirked. Please, enlighten me.
Another wave of pain restricted them both from further words. She was by no means disengaged from it, and she only wished she could scream. Her blood was literally boiling, it had to be.

Even through the pain however, both she and the nanites still heard the sound of the door to the bridge sliding open. They looked up and Jessica gasped.

“Jessica.” Yuri stood there, his P-90 up and pointed at her warily. Taeyeon and Sooyoung were in similar positions flanking Yuri, and Yoona was on Sooyoung’s left, his energy weapon also at the ready.

The enraged shrieks from the nanites were deafening. "What have you done to us?" they demanded. Hearing her voice sound vaguely like a Goa’uld speaking through its host was sickening.

Yuri didn’t answer; none of them did. They just stared at her, waiting. Jessica sighed from inside, glad they were there. Seeing them was so comforting, even if she was dying.

The third wave of agony hit her the hardest and this time, Jessica howled right along with the nanites. Her arms wrapped around her abdomen and her knees gave out, sending her to the deck. It hurt, it hurt so much. Why wouldn’t it end?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter