Seulgi x Wendy: LOCKDOWN

RED VELVET: Fluffy One Shot Collection

          The sound of the ticking clock drowned out the teacher’s words into a incomprehensible muddled noise that slowly faded into the background.

 

          “ing calculus.” Seulgi hissed as she bit on the tip of her pencil, teeth piercing the eraser releasing a bitter taste into . However, nothing left a worse taste in Seulgi’s mouth than math.

 

          Four math credits to graduate- Seulgi always thought that to be bull. “Why in the hell would I have to know how to this?” Seulgi would complain.

 

          “Kang Seulgi! How many times do I have to tell you to pay attention in this class? If you want to pass...” Seulgi’s attention went toward the professor for a short second, then her mind began to pinch his words off bit by bit until she could hear nothing but the silence within her own head.

 

          She’s heard this time and time again anyways. And everytime it all boiled her innards down to one question; who even cares anymore? Well, Seulgi didn’t.

 

          A deep and despairing sigh escaped Seulgi’s lips as she revised again the redundancy of it all.

 

          Seulgi shook out of her trance and realized that the teacher was no longer lecturing her, so she took the opportunity to slip out of the classroom. With one arm she swiftly grabbed her backpack and expertly escaped the ‘prison’, as she liked to refer to it as.

 

          Seulgi plugged one earphone into her right ear, followed by the other into her left ear. She bobbed her head to the music and she strode slowly around in the halls, just wandering- physically and mentally.

 

          A sigh of relief, the first one in what seemed like forever. Nothing felt better than breaking free of constraints according to Kang Seulgi.

 

          Seulgi’s relaxed state was suddenly interrupted by a loud alarm.

 

          “Attention staff and students, this is a lockdown. I repeat this is a lock down. Please report to the closest classroom and follow procedure.” A voice said in a tone that was the type of calm that you knew sprouted from fear.

 

          “What the ?” Seulgi pulled out both her earphones at once, her eyes growing wide. She didn’t even know if this was real, but she sure as hell wasn’t taking the risk.

 

          She looked around panicked, seeking for the nearest door. Then she spotted a figure, it approached her.

 

          Now, Seulgi was never the type to get ‘scared’. She rebelled against authority like it was her life’s duty and gore never gave her a single goosebump.

          

          But at this moment her eyes glowed in actual fear. Heart stopped, and every body part paralyzed.

 

          “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” A voice finally emitted from the person opposite of Seulgi, just about a metre away.

 

          It was a she, and she didn’t give a as to why this was standing in the middle of a hall, all vulnerable, in the middle of this lock down. She just grabbed Seulgi’s wrist roughly and ran.

 

          Seulgi was still frozen, but she was now somehow running with help from the dragging force. She was just tripping over her own feet at this point, only dependant on whoever this stranger was.

 

          A door closing was the alarm that was going to wake Seulgi from her blackout. “Are you okay?” The girl whispered to Seulgi. “Y-Yeah, no. I don’t know.” Seulgi felt the other girl’s eyes judging her.

 

          And boy, were they the most beautiful eyes ever.

 

          After a glance up to meet her former, Seulgi was even more flustered than before.

 

          “You don’t know?” The girl repeated after Seulgi.

 

          “Yeah, I’m f-fine.” Seulgi stuttered through her shock. “What’s your name?” Seulgi recovered, now knowing that she didn’t want to make a fool of herself in front of this goddamn beauty.

 

          The former bit her lip wondering why this was even necessary information to give to the brunette only centimeters away from her, their torsos practically hugging.

 

          And again, Seulgi wasn’t the type to get scared or intimidated but this blonde girl standing just adjacent of her was making her heart pound.

 

          “I-I mean you d-don’t have to tell me but I ju-” Seulgi awkwardly scratched her nape and tried to back away as far as she could from the other girl, this small closet really wasn’t helping her.

 

          “It’s Wendy.” The blonde cut Seulgi’s stutters and mumbles off and smirks at the dorky girl.

 

          “I’m Seulgi.” Seulgi smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of her neck once again, it was a nervous habit of hers.

 

          “I know.” Seulgi’s heart kind of skipped a beat, she was pretty much ecstatic that this gorgeous girl actually knew who she was.

Their eyes never really met this whole time. “You’re the girl who tries to be badass, but isn’t.” Wendy stated coldly, and Seulgi was taken aback.

 

          ‘Is that what I’m known to others as...?” Seulgi thought, mentally sighing. “That’s me, eh?” Seulgi sighed out, shaking her head. She wanted to cover her face, but the space constraint didn’t allow her to bring her arms up without some very awkward body contact.

 

          Out of all things, that’s probably the last thing she wants to be known as. I mean, who wants to be the ‘try hard’. This was just her personality, she wasn’t trying to come off as conceited or anything.

 

          Wendy glanced at Seulgi from the corner of her eyes, spotting the slight red tinge in her formers cheeks and the uneasy expression. “No.. It’s just what you’re known to me as.” Wendy broke the silence, answering Seulgi’s question that was seemingly rhetorical.

 

          That somehow made Seulgi feel better. Still not great. “You’re just teasing me.” Seulgi grinned, trying to make the best out of a bad situation. “Sure.” Wendy mumbled back, not giving a single .

          

          “Come on, don’t be cold.” Seulgi teased. “We might be in here a while so let’s be comfortable with eachother.” Wendy’s eyes rolled involuntarily.

 

          “You never give up, do you?” Wendy scoffed at the brunette but her scoff soon turned into a slight giggle when she saw Seulgi nod like a chipmunk of sorts.

 

          Seulgi sat down, pushing some stuff out of the way for her and Wendy. She patted the ground beside her, smiling at Wendy. “Sit.” She whispered, after all this was still a lock down.

 

          “Hey, isn’t it kind of cool. There might be a killer out there and we could actually be living our last seconds right now.” Seulgi tried to initiate a conversation. “If that’s your idea of cool...” Wendy played with her fingers, looked at her nails, peeled her split ends. She basically did everything but talk to the brunette who tried ever so hard to talk to her.

 

          Seulgi was disappointed that she wasn’t able to grasp this girl’s attention. She was usually better at this type of stuff.

 

          “So what do you do to stay so beautiful?” Seulgi said, her cheeks glowing red in the dark of the closet and her smile as dorky as it ever could be. Honestly, at this moment, Seulgi wasn’t really sure of what was going on. She was kind of a dork but she never got this flustered when talking to girls, Wendy was different.

 

          “Is that seriously your pick up line?” Wendy’s eyebrows raised as she scanned Seulgi’s smile. The line might not of worked but Wendy couldn’t deny that the girl sitting beside her was ing adorable.

 

 

          “It worked didn’t it? Seulgi grinned smugly as Wendy shook her head and chuckled. It wasn’t Wendy’s intention to be nice to Seulgi but it was hard not to. Wendy wasn’t really the type to just talk to anyone after all.

 

          She was kind of the top student in all of her classes, and the head of the softball team, and lead singer in choir. She was an ‘it girl’. But of course people like Seulgi wouldn’t know, Seulgi just paid attention to her headphones and herself.

 

          “Yeah, I guess it is kind of cool.” Wendy met Seulgi’s gaze. “Huh?” Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows confused.

 

          “It’s kind of cool that right now can be our last moments.” Seulgi smirked, satisfied that she kind of made Wendy a victim of her own scrutiny. Wendy noticed the smug looked and she playfully glared at Seulgi, shoving her lightly.

 

          “I guess it’s not really cool in the ‘Yay! We’re gonna die!’ kind of way but it’s just kind of interesting looking at the bigger picture. We live our lives, taking every second for granted. We realize this but we don’t even give because we think we can’t be that one in a million that does spontaneously leave this universe and never come back as flesh and bone. Well, there’s always that one in the million, and you could be the one. , I could be the one.” Wendy somehow laughed out.

 

          “So.. It’s cool.” Seulgi smacked her lips, nodding slowly. This made Wendy laugh, hard. “You’re lucky you’re cute.” Seulgi smiled with Wendy’s statement.

 

          “So, I’m cute now?” Seulgi asked, hand reaching for the back of her neck, fingers curling into another scratch. It didn’t do anyways, Seulgi bit off all her nails so the ‘scratch’ was more of a rub.

 

          “Did I say that?” Wendy teased. “Yeah.. You’re cute but that just reinforces my theory that you’re just a cute dork trying to act badass. Ditching class and .” Wendy examined Seulgi, Seulgi shrugged.

 

          “I just don’t like school.” Seulgi sighed. It’s hard living in a world where everything revolves around whether you’re book smart or not. Your future, your reputation, your well being. Just everything.

 

          Wendy felt for the girl, she used to hate school too, didn’t every kid? But there came a time where Wendy realized this was the only way to succeed, so she picked up the slack. “If I tutor you, would you start liking this place a bit more?” Wendy bit her lip, immediately regretting her offer when she saw Seulgi’s lip form a smirk.

 

          “Hmm, so now you want to tutor me? Tutoring, whatever that is, if it involves you and me in a room together alone, I love it.” Seulgi waggled her eyebrows at Wendy.

 

          “You and I.” Wendy corrected, giggling when Seulgi looked confused. “Huh?” Wendy shook her head, grinning. “Nevermind, Seulgi...” She sighed lovingly.

 

          A silence fell among the two, much more comfortable than before. They’ve been there for a long 40 minutes now and they still don’t even know if there is a real threat outside of their little closet.

 

          “As long as we’re still living the potential final moments of our lives... I have a confession to make.” Seulgi bit her lip hard as she looked up to meet Wendy’s eyes slowly. Wendy eyes looked on, also as if they were whispering ‘Go ahead’.

 

          “If I die today, I would have never gotten my first kiss yet.” Seulgi spat out painfully, this was kind of embarrassing. And Wendy didn’t believe her at first.

 

          “Wait, you’re telling me that player Kang Seulgi has never had her first kiss yet?” Wendy scoffed, not even believing the story one bit. Wendy laughed as Seulgi’s serious facial expression didn’t change.

 

          “Wait.. You’re not laughing..” Wendy’s laughs slowed. “You gotta be ing kidding..” Wendy’s eyes widened, then narrowed. “You’re not kidding.”

 

          Seulgi’s lips pursed, shaking her head. “Nope.” Wendy felt bad for a second, I mean the infamous player was 18 years old and she still didn’t have her first kiss?

 

          “Hm..” Wendy hummed while looking at Seulgi’s puppy eyes. Then she started to realize what Seulgi wanted from her with that longing stare like she was freaking waiting for something.

 

          Wendy waited for Seulgi to give up, because Wendy was not going to kiss a god damn girl she only met some 50 minutes ago.

 

          One minute into it, Wendy realized that this staring contest was not going to end in her favour. Seulgi smacked her lips quietly a couple of time waiting for Wendy to give in, because she knew the blonde was eventually going to.

 

          “Ugh! Fine!” Wendy cursed as she her dry lips, Seulgi cracked into a huge smile. “Yay!!!” Seulgi cheered. “Shut up if you want the kiss.” Wendy said coldly as she grabbed Seulgi’s collar.

 

          Seulgi immediately shut , puckering her lips instead. Wendy hatefully looked at the girl in front of her, Seulgi was really, really lucky she was cute.

 

          Wendy leaned into Seulgi, placing her hand on Seulgi’s leg to gain some stability. Wendy placed and simple closed-mouthed peck on Seulgi’s lips that lasted just a couple seconds.

 

          Thinking Seulgi was satisfied, Wendy pulled away from the brunette. Before Wendy could even realize that she missed the sweet taste of Seulgi’s lips, she was roughly pulled back into Seulgi.

 

          Seulgi took Wendy’s lips into hers and sensually on the upper lip, then the lower. It was so sudden that Wendy couldn’t even respond in time. Seulgi draped her tongue over Wendy’s lower lip, tracing it slowly from one end to the other.

 

          Lastly came a cute peck and Seulgi laid back watching a still closed-eyed Wendy bite her lip and come to the realization that the amazing kiss was over.

          

          “What the was that?” Wendy slapped Seulgi’s arm harshly and crossed her arms. “What? You were into it!” Seulgi pouted sadly as she exaggeratedly rubbed her ‘throbbing’ shoulder.

 

          “No! Not that!” Wendy shouted, Seulgi shushed her and Wendy bit her lip and repeated herself in a whisper shout. “Than what are you talking about?” Seulgi frustratingly whisper shouted back.

 

          “You said you never had your first kiss before so did you pull those tricks out of your or something?” Wendy asked referring to Seulgi’s expert kissing skills. Seulgi confused expression slowly turned to a sheepish smile, her hand going to the back of her neck.

 

          “Sometimes, I tell little white lies...” Seulgi explained. Yup, that kiss was definitely not the infamous player’s first kiss. She laughed hard because she found it hilarious that Wendy would even believe that for a second, but she was the only one laughing.

 

          “.” Wendy covered her face and her head fell onto her knees. Seulgi’s laugh slowed when she saw this. “W-Wendy? You’re not mad are you?” Seulgi didn’t expect her little joke to hurt Wendy’s feelings.

 

          Suddenly, sobs were echoing in the closet and Seulgi’s eyes went wide. “That was my first kiss!” Wendy screamed. Seulgi tried to reach to comfort her but Wendy just pulled away.

 

          “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t k-know. I wouldn’t h-have done it if I kn-” Seulgi’s heart was racing, guilt rushing through her nerves and veins. Her hands were shaking with every sob of Wendy’s.

 

          “GOT YOU!” Wendy laughed, gripping her stomach. “You little !” Seulgi held Wendy in a chokehold.

 

          “Let go of me! You deserved that, you !” They both simultaneously broke out into laughter that went on for a while.

 

          After that they spent some time talking, more time making out, actually. And it was weird because in the matter of an hour, Seulgi somehow determined that Wendy was different. Wendy was different from other people, other girls, she was just special all on her own. She made Seulgi feel something she’s never felt with anyone else.

 

          Wendy bit hard on Seulgi’s lip when Seulgi didnt let her pull away to listen to the announcement on the PA system. “Ow...” Seulgi whined as Wendy ignored her.

 

          “Staff, students. The lockdown drill is now over. Please return to your regular schedule now.” A lady said on the PA.

 

          “A drill? You gotta be kidding.” Seulgi snapped as she quickly got up and opened the closet door, finally looking at light. It was liberating, Seulgi’s favourite feeling.

 

          “So you’re just gonna leave me now?” Wendy hissed as she chased after Seulgi.

 

          “What makes you think I would do that?” Seulgi smiled at Wendy and gave her yet another assuring kiss.