“Third Eye?”

Our Ghostly Cupids

“She’s my dongsaeng.” Zico chortled.

*She is?! But I thought they were a couple, that’s why I didn’t want to let myself-*

“Sulli isn’t your girlfriend?!” Hara slipped her name out .

“Of course not. Wait. H-how’d you know her name was Sulli?”

“I-I, I have been seeing her since I met you.”

“Y-you mean she was always with me?!”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“She misses you so much you know?”

“I do too. She was the greatest dongsaeng.” His voice started to be longing. He was staring back at the picture.

Hara gazed towards his face. Her heart softened at him in sight.

“Oppa” she softly called. Zico faced him because of her call and had his brows raised with a smile of delight.

Hara saw this and instantly took back her words. “I- I mean youngmaster-“

“Hey. About yesterday.” Zico started. Hara stopped at her words and waited for him to continue while avoiding to meet his eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She finally met his eyes and saw sincerity on them.

“K-kwenchanha.”

“NO. It’s not okay. I called you names I shouldn’t-“

“Oppa. I told you already. It’s okay.” With her calling him ‘oppa’ again, made him grew a smile on his face. Hara saw this and eyed him. She then stood to leave but Zico held her back, “Wait.”

Hara fell right on Zico’s face. One of her hands was at Zico’s chest, the other on the ground.

They both noticed this and looked at Hara’s hand on his chest.

“Gym.” Zico stated, means that it was because he used to go to the gym to tone his chest muscle.

Hara straightened and sat back at the sand and made an awkward cough.

“It’s already late. We should go back to sleep.” She pointed out. The cold breeze blew her skin, making her shiver in cold. Zico noticed this so he fixed open the blanket that Hara had covered him with. He then stretched his arms with the blanket and wrapped it on Hara’s shoulders.

“What are you doing?” Hara questioned.

“Ahh, covering you because it’s cold?” he stated the obvious.

“Ah you can do that even without your arm on my shoulder.” She answered back. But he didn’t withdraw his arm. Instead, he used his other arm to embrace her with the blanket. And rested his head on the side of her head.

“Yah!”

“Shhh. Let’s stay like this even for just a few seconds. Please.”

Hara melted at his touch. She can’t find the guts to budge. More like she didn’t want to.

It was silent. It was only the sound of the waves hitting the rocks that can be heard.

The moon was big, shining brightly at the deep sea. Wind was blowing Hara’s long hair, her bangs hitting Zico’s face.

Zico then pulled out the pin he bought earlier at the market. He took some of Hara’s hair then gently tucked in the pin.

“You have a girl hair pin with you?” Hara wondered with an accusing smirk.

“It’s not what you’re thinking. I got it earlier as an apology gift.” When Zico finished fixing the pin in her hair, he tucked some of her hair strand on her ear. Their eyes met, both were twinkling for each other.

Slowly, they leaned forward like gravity was playing, pulling them both towards each other. Their nose touched each other. Zico’s eyes went closed. And right when Hara’s eyes were about to close to savor the moment, Daniel and Sulli materialized right between each side of their faces. She pulled away, startled and almost fell with her head if Zico wasn’t fast to pull her back.

“What’s the problem?” Zico asked in wonder. The two ghosts were eyeing her, hiding their satisfied ‘mission-accomplished’ smiles behind.

“T-they’re here.”

“They?”

“Sulli.”

“She is?! Where? Dongsaeng!” Zico looked around as if he would see her.

“Why are you here? I thought you said you’ll wait for me at the room when I get back?” Hara asked.

“She can’t wait to know his answer.” Daniel jabbed back at Sulli.

“So. What was his decision?” Sulli curiously asked, her eyes fixed to her oppa.

“I haven’t asked him yet.” She responded. Zico looked at her, kinda had an idea it was him who they were talking about.

“Haven’t asked about what?” he cutted in.

“About opening your third eye.”

“Third eye?”

“Yes. So you can be able to see, uhm, them.” She hesitated to mention ‘ghosts’.

“Oh. Right.”

“Sulli-ssi. Can you leave us first?” she was pertaining to her and Daniel. The two nodded and disappeared into thin air.

Hara and Zico where still sharing the same blanket. She started speaking, “When I told you it’s not a joke to see ghosts, to communicate with ghosts, I mean it.

I’ve been living with it for four years now. When they started knowing you can see them, they’ll bug you to help them. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with helping but some of them are up to no good.

You see, I just don’t want you to experience the same burden I had.”

Zico knew her intentions were good. He smiled at the thought that she was caring for him.

“You know, if you were that burdened to seeing ghosts and communicating with them, then let me help you handle them. You said my dongsaeng had been with me since the day we met, it means she’s already bugging you ever since right?”

“Well. Not actually.”

“I know her too well. At times she gets importunate, especially when she wanted something badly. Hara, I want to see her again. I want to talk to her again.” He took her hands and looked deeply in her eyes.

“I’m aware that it’ll be hard. But, Hara, promise me you’ll help me go through the hardship. Let’s help each other.”

“O-ppa” Hara thought of it before she replied. *He trusts me*

“Ne.” She nodded eagerly. Zico then suddenly pulled her into a hug.

*His hug is so warm* Hara felt right being on his embrace. She found herself answering to his hug. Her hands started to wrapped around Zico’s waist. Zico was shocked at her embrace but sooner he tightened his hug even more.