OneShot

Sunset

Accompanied by a soft sigh, Kyuhyun watched the momentum of how the infinite sight of the sea and the wonderous color of the sunset meets in one horizon. His eyes painted a glimpse of admiration and sadness in betweens as he foolishly smile. Moments by moments he knows later on that the sunlight will fade and dim will take over the whole busy city. It was the end of the day. 

 

"Why do you like sunsets?" 

 

A man sitting beside Kyuhyun asked. There was a slight smile on his face as he watch the same view Kyuhyun loves to see.

 

Kyuhyun shrugged. "Sunsets are often called as endings and goodbyes. But on the contrary I think they can be seen as hope of a new life."

 

The other man chuckled. "How deep could that be huh?" He mocked then seconds later he received a slight smacked on the back of his head.

 

"Hey that hurts!!" He faked and chuckled. Kyuhyun smiled at the other man. A gentle smile. A smile that only he could give to the latter. 

 

There was a brief silence on both of them. Till the man break into it.

 

"Goodbyes are awfully painful." He commented. Now the sun is halfway through setting and the sky is half dim.

 

"Unlike goodbyes, sunsets are beautiful and peaceful. They give out a tingle of hope that even if it ended there will always be tomorrow, a new hope." 

 

Again there was silence. This time a long one. It was a kind of silence that comes with unspoken feelings ready to be revealed in no time. It comes with a heavy atmosphere that if none of them opened their mouth to speak then it will end as a silent unspoken feelings. It was the worst kind of silence. The worst for Kyuhyun that no matter how he wants to confess all what he feels inside, it won't make any difference at all.

 

"Sungmin, I think you should go." Kyuhyun murmured making the other man beside him turned his head away from the horizon.

 

"It's still early though." Sungmin refused.

 

With all his might, his hidden fist in clenched, Kyuhyun look back at those small foxy yet adorable eyes he wants to stare at his whole lifetime. There was a heavy tug, a clench and billions of pins conquering his heart.

 

If Sungmin was his he would grab him and kiss him with all he have. But then... who is he fooling anyway? 

 

The wind blew gently but only enough to carry the sweet smell of Sungmin's. The smell brought familiarity through Kyuhyun's senses. No one in this world would ever smell like Sungmin does. It was a blend of a sweet summer dew accompanied by fresh morning air that would make his heart screw and loose with the wild beating.

 

He tried so hard no to close his eyes and drag him inyo his arms. Every single day with Sungmin he tried not to take him into an embrace, to pull him into a sweet kiss and love him like the way he do now. He tried. He tried but ironic how all this time it's still hard to supress how he truly feels for the man.

 

"Hey Kyu." Sungmin called as his hands touches Kyuhyun's hands.

 

Kyuhyun's hands are cold and Sungmin's are warm. Unlike what they say, there was no electricity or current coming through but instead there was a warm comfort. A kind of touch that he wants to have forever. 

 

What he feels for Sungmin was not the kind of love he felt before when he fell in love with hia high school classmate, Ryeowook. There was no multiple heartbeating when he sees him coming but instead a sigh of relief thay after a few days of meeting he was safe amd sound. There were no stuttering of words but instead a calm silent and varieties of shared jokes. There were no electrifying moments but instead a comfort touch of being safe in his arms.

 

And if he could pile up all the feelings in a bottle and label it, he can call it as somthing as unconditional love. That kind of love who cares nothing else but the other party's happiness. That wether the love he feels is wrong from the eyes of others. What's inside is the only thing that matters.

 

Kyuhyun's feelings for Sungmin wether reciprocated or not, wether right or wrong... one thing is for sure, it's what they call love. And love is never a wrong thing. It is never wrong to love Sungmin.

 

"Hey Sungmin... I think..." Kyuhyun started as he stares at Sungmin's wondering eyes.

 

The sun has set and the waves of the sea starts to create a soothing sound but none of those really matters. Kyuhyun's feelings are being revealed.

 

"What was it?" Sungmin asked.

 

Kyuhyun swallow a huge gulped before he open his mouth. Three words are ready to be uttered. It was a now or never.

His mouth remained opened and words are waiting to be spoken. 

 

"Sungminnie."A familiar high pitched voice came out.

 

Sungmin turned his head and Kyuhuun bowed his. 

 

"Sa Eun-ah! Your schedule finished earlier than expected. Kyuhyun and I were bored waiting for you." Sungmin said while gently smiling at the woman walkinh towards them.

 

Kyuhyun sigh in relief. Yes it was a sigh of relief that once again his only connection with Sungmin was saved. His friendship with Sungmin remains.

 

"Let's go?" Sa Eun held out his hand and Sungmin took it, slowly their hands locked and slowly Kyuhyun is dying with every pieces thay he has.

 

"But Kyuhyun was saying something." Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun.

 

"Ohh. Yes, I was about to say that you two should ho first and I'll stay here for a little longer." Kyuhyun lied.

 

"Are you sure that was it? You looked ao serious awhile back then." Sungmin doubted.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. "You were imagining things."

 

Sungmin shrugged. "Okay then. We'll ho ahead." Sungmin said and after Kyuhyun nodded both of them walked the opposite direction.

 

Kyuhyun remained unmoved as he watch the couple walk hand in hand. The moon was now visible and the stars are forming a dust sky. The wind was colder. It was the end. It was a goodbye. But unlike the sunset it was not beautiful and peaceful. It was more like of an unheard feeling, unspoken words and supressed feelings. It was awfully painful. To love. To unconditionally love. Loving Sungmin was never wrong but it doesn't mean it will never hurt. 

 

"But she found you first. If only you waited a little longer Sungmin then maybe, you were mine instead of hers." Kyuhyun painfully mumbled. Starlike tears escaped his lonely eyes. Strolling down like waterfalls. Keeping a sob from coming out but still too stubborn to be hidden,

 

He likes sunsets. The way he loves Sungmins. And he's hoping that one day he'll be able to say goodbye without traces of regrets, pain and jealousy. He wished to have a beautiful goodbye with Sungmin. The way where he can have hope for new beginning. He wants to have a beautiful goodbye but today is definitely a painful one.

 

 

A/N: Till next tim!!!! //^^