001

The Love Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, that's a wrap everybody!" The CEO announced to his employees. You and your coworkers go wild, glad to finally debut the skincare product that the company's been preparing for years. The CEO, Mr. Park Chanyeol, stands before the crowd of people, displaying a row of teeth and clapping loudly and proudly. "I am also promoting Kim Jongin as Vice President." Your boss invites Kim Jongin up next to him and slings an arm around his shoulder. Kim Jongin smile with the crowd and waves, and unconciously, you grin and wave back. You have had this crush on Jongin for a really long time, ever since he came here, actually. Unfortunately, Jongin never had feelings for you. For the past 5 years you've been trying to get his attention, but he always turns you down. Maybe this time. This time he can have just one drink with her.  After the crowd breaks up and starts to head home, you slip and slide your way past the crowd and managed to stand before him. Jongin greets you with a smile, "Hey, what's up?" You mirror his smile and gave a simple shrug, "Nothing much. Congrats on your promotion. That's a pretty big deal." Jongin chuckles and shrugs it off. "Why thank you, Moonri." 

There was an awkward pause after that, for Jongin knew what was going to happen next, "hey, maybe you want to go get a drink? You know, to celebrate?" You offered, practically begging him with your eyes. Jongin bites his lips and sinks into thought for a moment, then replies, "Unfortunately I'm going to have to say no. I already have plans tonight." A lie. You know it was a lie. It was one of Jongin's many excuses. You sigh disappointingly, really thinking that Jongin was going to let go and actually go out with you for once. "Sorry." He barges in, feeling a bit guilty. You lift your head up, keeping a smile on your face and waving the matter off. "Oh, that's totally fine! PFFT I already had plans too." Stupid. A stupid excuse. Jongin nods and looks away for a moment and bids you farewell. You helplessly wave back and bid him farewell. 

 

 

 

You were the last one to leave the cubicle because you were trying to figure out why Jongin doesn't like you. You made pretty good money, you looked pretty decent, you had manners. What else is wrong? Maybe Jongin isn't interested in girls. "NO WAY." You assure yourself. A hunk like that can't possibly be gay. You had gotten home to your average-sized apartment and lied down on your bed, not caring to take off your coat. You busied yourself by looking through ads on your phone and suddenly, it clicked. Maybe your not girlfriend-material but someone could help. You grinned mischievously as you search up "DATING MENTOR" on Google and clicked on the first link which said 'The Love Doctor' . Apparently there was a guy that help people all over Korea to get to their 'soul mates'. You took note of the man's email and contacted him immediately. You clicked on the 'compose' button of your email and started,

Satisfied with what you've written, you click the send button, watching it load and send. You pray to God that this person is real and is good at this stuff. You lie in bed, thinking about Jongin, or Kai; what you call him, as usual. You think about how his dark brown hair shines in the light and his tired-but-not-tired look on his face and his overall puppy face that he has. Soon before you know it, you fell asleep. 

It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter