The haunted house

The haunted house

 

The haunted house

 

 

The day before Halloween , they were all having lunch in the cafeteria sitting in one table talking and having a great time like they always do , minho was looking at his friends always gasping at how they got to be friends even thought they were totally different; minho had met key first because they were in the same classroom and been paired with him for an assignment after that ,they stood close together , by him he met jonghyun who was his childhood friend , who welcomed him with open arms , with jonghyun came jinki, the shy adorable senior that tutor him in math ;who brought his adorable little cousin that melt the heart of the omma of their group , minho smile at them they were really an interesting group , they complemented each other perfectly , respecting each other ideas , learning about each other in the process.

 

He was lucky for having them , he wouldn’t be the same if he didn’t have them in his life especially the adorable nerd that made him feel weird things just by been close to him . Returning to earth when he heard key calling him really loudly , making him come back to his senses ;turning to him saying “ what ?”

 

key look at him red in the face ;minho could see he was mad at him for ignoring him , key took a deep breath asking him “ minho I was asking you if you knew about the haunted house we had in the woods close to here” he smile ;minho had heard something about it but he didn’t believe in any of it saying with a scoff in his voice “ yeah I heard about it , you don’t believe the stories right , the are all bull, there is nothing wrong with the house it just urban legend “.

 

jonghyun saying to him “ they are true ,people that step inside the house , goes missing forever” minho started to laugh “ you cant be serious , its all lies” key smirk at him telling him “ well ,then prove it” minho look at him saying to him “ I will , I will prove to all of you , that it is just an old house ;nothing more”.

 

key looked at jinki who was eating his lunch in silence , jinki felt someone staring intensely at him opening his eyes wide when he noticed key eyes on him that wasn’t a good sign, he knew how mischievous the guy was , so he brace himself for what was going to come; he almost choke with his food when he heard key say to minho “ okay go with jinki then for evidence” jinki swallow his food saying to key “ why do I have to go with him , I don’t want too , don’t include me in this , this is your bet with him ,nothing to do with me”.

 

Taemin look at his cousin knowing very well why he didn’t want to go ;it wasn’t because he was afraid because he might not look like it ,but his cousin jinki was really brave , he just didn’t wanted to be all alone with his long time crush , but he tease jinki either way “ what ;are you scare cousin come on ,is just an old house , it wont bite you”.

 

taemin brace his self at the look his favorite cousin trow at him , he suddenly felt really scared he gulp thinking “ I am so dead” sighing relieve when key step in the conversation saying to them “ you are both going ,end of the discussion” jinki look at key like he was murdering him in his mind or planing how to ,telling them “ okay, I will but not because you told me too ;is because I had always been curious about the house too”

 

The next day at night minho got out of his car at the fence that was put there so people wont wander in the forest and get lost after the disappearance of a couple of people , he could see jinki already waiting for him at the fence, smiling when he saw him saying “ I thought you weren’t coming , you are late” minho place one hand on his shoulder telling him “ I got side track by my mom she wanted me to buy her milk, before me going away to see a movie at your house with the boys , what did you tell your mom?

 

 

Jinki started to laugh saying “ oh boy , I told her the same thing but instead of my house it was going to be at yours” they both smile for a second minho looking at the fence then at jinki telling him “ so , I guess we have to enter right , do you have the map?” .

 

jinki check his backpack nodding with his head when he saw the map inside , they jumped the fence and started to walk , it was a really dark night and cold as hell , they could see their breath in the air ,shivering at the coldness they were feeling , they finally reach the house it looked more scaring that they thought but brush those thought aside thinking that it has to look like that because it was a really an old house .

 

minho heard his mother say to him when he was little , that the mayor of the town restored the house and made it a museum ;but one day the girl working there disappear and people got scared and never went there, so in the end the people decided to closed it down .

 

taking his camera minho decided to take a photo of both of them in front of the house for evidence , after that they finally step inside , turning on their flash lights gasping at the beauty that they could see , the place was really simple but elegant even thought the house was full of spiderweb , rotten floor , they could imagine how pretty the place was in the past , next to a big chime was a big book shelve full of books ;jinki being the book lover that he is ; he begun to read the titles of the books , he was so immersed at the collection in front of him that he didn’t notice that minho wasn’t standing next to him anymore .

 

Minho on the other hand had found a picture of the first owners of the house the ones that supposedly were the first victims of the house curse , the first ones to disappear never to be found . Minho was looking at the photo ,the couple in the picture was really young and they looked so happy and so much in love that he felt envy all of the sudden ;he really wanted to love a special person but knowing that it wouldn’t be right to do so.

 

Suddenly minho heard jinki voice yelling far from him “help me , minho” jinki voice sounded so terrified that made minho run as fast as he could towards him but then everything got silent , the only thing he could hear was his heartbeat beating faster and faster inside of him , scare for jinki , he started to look for jinki around the house but nothing ,he was beginning to lose his mind when he saw jinki flash light in the floor ;knowing very well that jinki wouldn’t leave it , he needed to see better , he started to yell his name like a crazy man , his heart growing sadder ,hopeless , at the thought of loosing jinki .

 

Minho was cursing at loud for jinki to come when he felt a hand grabbing his writs turning him around with force , his heart almost stopping at the touch , his body freezing in the spot ,when he saw key in front of him yelling to him “ minho , what happen ? , where is jinki ?” minho stay silent he couldn’t speak until key shake him with force telling him again “ minho , answer me ,where is jinki?”. minho only could stutter “ I donttttt knoooow , I cant find himmm” key face paled hearing minho answers ,telling minho with a comfort voice “ don’t worry we would find him okay, everything is going to be alright , you see, come on lets look for him ”.

 

 

minho look at key asking him when they started to look for jinki “ what are you doing here key ?” key look at him telling him “ I wanted to make sure you both were okay but when I got here I started to hear your screams so I hurry here to help” .

 

 

one hour later and still no signs of jinki they look every where inside the house but nothing , key and minho decided to look for him in the woods ;they were walking when key ask minho “ do you know the curse of this house”.

 

minho telling him “ yes ,something about anyone who enter the house disappears” key stop him telling him “ well actually that is not the whole story you see it all started with the first owners of this house , it was a very young couple that got married because it was arranged by their parents ,they didn’t met each other until the wedding day . The young couple got married and as a gift the parents of the groom buy them this house , you see the parents of the groom named onew ,were really rich so they give them the house for them to live and raise a family , Onew was a really decent shy guy , who didn’t know how to act around his beautiful bride . Onew had never had a girlfriend before he only study hard to take the company when his father died . after a while the couple started to know each other , then to get along , then they started to have strong feelings about each other. the wife named minjung was the first to fall in love with her husband , she loved how good he treat her and how handsome she found him since the day of the wedding , but got scared you see she was a tomboy, she thought onew didn’t found her beautiful so she never say anything to him , decided to let their relationship to run their curse .One day she couldn’t stand it anymore after 3 years of being together ,sleeping in the same bed , feeling his arms around her when she wakes up feeling him so close to her but at the same time so far ; she asked him “ onew , what do you feel about me ?” the groom looked at her , telling her “ well you had become my best friend minjung , why?” tears started to wet her cheeks as she told him “ is not enough for me onew , I love you”saying this she disappear , leaving onew all alone , him realizing that he had loved her too all this time but he was afraid to love her , afraid of her rejection, afraid of getting hurt by her. she never return; onew never had the chance to tell her how much he loved her , how much he wanted to be with her ,love her , smile with her , play sport with her but most importantly raise a cute family with her , onew died all alone not before placing a curse in this house that if a couple step inside the house and they loved each other but either one of them or both didn’t wanted to realize the love for the other person , the house would make the person who hasn’t realized his feelings or didn’t want too ,suffer all alone by taking the love of his life from him forever , for been too scared of loving the person like onew did in the past ,he wanted other people to feel what he felt when she left him ”.

 

Minho look at him with a serious voice “ why are you telling me all this key? , we have to find jinki for god sakes , I am not leaving without him you hear me” key stop minho again asking him “ because I know how you feel about him that is why”.

 

Minho eyes were wide he was in shock “ what are you talking about?” key smirk again at him “ minho I always kind of knew that you were in love jinki but I wasn’t sure but now with jinki disappearance in this place , this house , I know for sure , you are in love with him but didn’t wanted to realized it right ?, that is why the house took jinki away from you, because you didn’t wanted to accept that you fall in love with him, that you were crazy in love with another man “ .

 

 

 

key looked at him and scoff “ that would tarnish your playboy reputation , that is why , right? you kept silent, all this time , that is why you never confessed to jinki knowing very well jinki love you too with all his heart , now you will have to live knowing that jinki the person you love was taken away from you because of your fears ,because you were scared about other people opinions about you : you disgust me minho now jinki is gone and is all your fault” .

 

minho run towards the house stepping inside his knee gave up on him as he fell to the floor crying hard and screaming to the house “ I love him , please bring him back , bring him back to me , please , I love him do you hear me , please , I love him ,i don’t care about what other people will think of me , I want to be with him , please ”.

 

suddenly there was light in the house minho raise his eyes to see the book shelve been opened, revealing a crying jinki , taemin and jonghyun walking behind him , jinki went to minho ;helping him stand up asking him “ do you really love me?”.

 

Minho couldn’t believe it, he was so happy , he had jinki in front of him unharmed , minho didn’t wait a second more to place his lips on top of jinki in a sweet kiss giving soft pecks on top of jinki soft plump lips telling him “ I do jinki , I really love you , I am sorry for being a coward”, jinki hands caress his hair bringing minho closer to him so he could kiss him deeper .

 

 

Key started to tell the new couple “please don’t kill us; we just couldn’t stand to see both of you apart anymore , knowing that you loved each other” looking at minho that was hugging jinki tight on his arms told him “ specially you my friend , you needed a little push to accept your love for him and the courage to fight for it ; so we did all this”.

 

jinki parted a little from minho hold saying “ but I had heard the story of the curse from my mom” key smirk saying “ well ,I didn’t lied about that, the curse is an old story that pass trough generations” minho was the one to ask this time “ how you know all this?” key looked at them telling them “ because they were my great , great , great grandparents , you see it really happen; after my grandma left , my grandpa fell to the floor like you did minho ;crying realizing his love for her , he went to their room to see if she was still there to tell her that he loved her too , finding all of her clothes gone , he quickly step outside to look for her in the town before she could leave in a bus or any kind of transportation , but he didn’t found her , he got back to their house to look for her picture saying in a loud voice “ please come back minjung ,I love you ” hearing a loud thud in the floor seeing his wife in front of him , he run towards her and kissed her telling her that he loved her , that he wanted to live the rest of his life with her , he beg her not to leave him again , she was confused at the words of leave him , why he thought that , you see she never had the intention of leaving him ,she just took all of her clothes to wash them in the river; that night they made love for the first time ,the two of them lived happily ever after, I know because only my family knows the truth because the real story is been told for generations, our family decided to keep people thinking that is haunted when it really isn’t for fun and for five a little excitement to this boring place ”.

 

Minho look at jinki again telling him “ I am so glad it was a lie , I don’t know what would I do without you jinki , I love you ” kissing him again, forgetting all about the company that they had he didnt see their friends cheering for them , he just wanted to kiss jinki senseless until he couldn’t breath , when he parted he rest his forehead in jinki hearing him say “ do you want to come over to my house minho , my parents aren’t home” minho smile at him asking him “ are you looking for trouble jinki?”.

 

jinki smile naughty at him whispering in his ear “ maybe”. When they all started to leave minho and jinki were holding their fingers intertwined; looking back at the photo of the couple , thanking them in silence for helping them getting together , gasping when they saw onew smiling at them and minjung winking at them , the couple look at each other with a loving gaze murmuring I love you ,before the photo got stilled , minho thinking that they really had loved each other completely, minho looked at jinki both knowing in their  hearts very well that now it was their turn  .