3 Times Donghae Hated Eunhyuk And One Time He Didn't

3 Times Donghae Hated Eunhyuk And One Time He Didn't

1.        “The food is ready!” Ryeowook announced from the kitchen smiling and taking his apron off. “Aww, Wookie, you really are a blessing to us!” Yesung replied hugging the younger from behind and kissing him on the cheek. The said boy blushed placing his hands on Yesung’s arms that were around his slim waist. “PDA!!! Someone please take my eyes out so I won’t be able to see them anymore!” Kyuhyun screamed coming into the room and throwing his hands in the air, avoiding to look at the couple. “Can I do it?” Heechul asked smirking and sitting beside Kyuhyun who glared at the older. “Heechul-ah! Stop harassing the youngers! YeWook, stop the PDA. Some of us would like to eat tonight.” Leeteuk said coming into the kitchen followed by a smiling Siwon and a giggling Sungmin.

          As the ones in the kitchen sat down, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Donghae joined them, still talking about a new dance routine. “Can you not talk about that, at least while we’re eating?” Kibum asked staring blankly at Donghae as the older started to explain about some tv show he saw about autopsy. “Whoa! When did you get here?!” Kang In exclaimed jumping in surprise and gazing over at the one next to him. “He just got here.” Hankyung replied taking the juice out of the fridge. Leeteuk stared at the three then looked around at the others “Am I…hallucinating?”. Heechul laughed tasting a piece of meat, then he spoke still chuckling “Leeteuk-ah, how many times did I tell you to stop drinking and taking drugs. Tsch! And they say I’m the crazy one here. You didn’t even notice your own so-called-babies and whatever Kang In is.”. “Yah! Kim Heechul!” Kang In shouted getting up from his seat and pointing his fork dangerously at the older.

          Donghae ignored the fight that developed in front of him and extended his hand to take the last piece of meat, smiling smugly when he caught it with his chopsticks. His victory didn’t last long since when the meat almost made it to his (sinful) lips, it was stolen by the one beside him, Shindong. “Hyuuung~!” Donghae whined, pouting “That was mine!”. “Sorry, Hae! Bigger bellies ask for bigger pieces of meat or more of them.” Shindong replied grining. “Not fair…” Donghae said, lowering his head “…I wanted that.”. Eunhyuk laughed and ruffled the younger’s hair “You’ll get it next time.”.    Donghae pouted again, but when he looked up at the older and saw his gummy smile, he smiled too, feeling like he should trust what the other was saying, but still muttered under his breath, only for him and Eunhyuk to hear “I hate you!”.

 

2.        They walked down the empty streets, coming back from their rehearsals for the 5th album. They were alone and it was hot outside. It was like almost three in the morning and half of month June. Sungmin yawned and stretched out his worn out legs. Kyuhyun smiled at his lover, before snaking an arm around his waist. Sungmin looked back at him and leaned into the half hug, his head falling on the younger’s shoulder. Donghae stared at them and felt like smiling, but something was stopping him. He wanted to be like that with someone too, to be held like that even if they both die of hotness and let someone lean into him even if he’s just as tired as the other. He wanted to love again. After Jessica, he hasn’t dated anyone else and focused on his career instead. Now, he started regretting it. Leeteuk was going to leave soon too and Super Junior was going to take a break for a while, that meant they would have more free time. Maybe he would find a girlfriend then.

          He raised his head and turned to look at Eunhyuk who walked beside him. The older was staring up at the sky, a thin wire sticking out of his hoodie and going down to his jeans’ pocket. He had a small smile on his face, that made Donghae’s heart pound. The younger bit his lip, when he heard a faint whimper on his right. He hummed low and stopped on his tracks, following the heartbreaking sound. “What are you doing, Hae?” Sungmin asked confused. “Awwwwww~~!!” Donghae cooed when he reached the thing that emitted the noise, on a dark alley. Kyuhyun sighed and tugged on Eunhyuk’s wire, causing the other to stop the music he was listening to. “What’s up, Kyu?” the older asked. Kyuhyun pointed at Donghae and sat down on the nearest bench. This was going to take a while, even if the one that was persuading Donghae was Eunhyuk.

          “Hae, what are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked placing a hand on the crouched man’s shoulder. “Isn’t she cute, Hyukkie?” Donghae questioned turning around to show the other the little black puppy that he held next to his heart. Eunhyuk gasped and poked the thing in Donghae’s arms. The puppy yawned revealing its’ sharp small teeth. “Awww~~!” Donghae cooed again petting the puppy on its’ fat belly. “Can we take it home?” the younger asked suddenly looking up at Eunhyuk with a heartwarming smile and big pleading eyes. “No.” Sungmin answered standing next to his friend. Donghae bit his lip “We can’t just leave her here. You’re such a meanie, hyung! If she stays here, I’m staying with her.”. Eunhyuk sighed and looked at the man beside him that spoke again “Hyukkie, convince him!”. Donghae glared up at the two as the puppy whimpered again when he put it down. He felt like crying. He knew how it felt to be alone. He knew how that puppy felt. No one should be like that. He took in deep breaths to calm himself down and not start crying there, in front of the others.

          He lifted the puppy again and stared right into those deep pitch black eyes. It didn’t seem too old, maybe it had one month or so. It couldn’t be older. How could it survive like this, alone, with no one to care of it and feed it? Donghae sighed and hugged the poor thing to his chest, tears sliding down his reddened cheeks. “I’m sorry, puppy.” He kept whispering, sobs cutting the phrase from time to time. Eunhyuk gulped, feeling his heart ache at the picture of the other crying. He bit his lip and looked at Sungmin, hoping that the older could do something about it. But his heart sank deeper when he heard the other speak “Come on, Hae. Let’s go.”. Donghae stared at Eunhyuk hopefully, but the older turned around fighting the urge to cry too. “I hate you!” Donghae shouted putting the puppy down and crying harder when he heard it whimper again and again, searching for Donghae’s warmness. Eunhyuk looked over his shoulder at his best friend, noticing the sadness in his gaze, the way Donghae’s eyes told what it was in his heart, that he resembled himself with the lost puppy.

          “Are you coming?” Sungmin shouted from the entrance of the alley. Donghae wiped his tears away and whispered faintly “Yeah”, before starting to walk towards the others. They headed to the dorms, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Donghae leading, while Eunhyuk was behind them typing something on his phone.

          Some days passed after that incident and Donghae barely ate, drank or even slept. Eunhyuk noticed every change, his heart aching every single time. Although he didn’t tell the younger, on one of those days he received a reply to the text he sent that night. The message was simple, but after reading it Eunhyuk couldn’t stop smiling: “She’s been adopted and that girl just loves the puppy. They’ll take good care of her.”.

 

3.        The younger looked up at the ceiling and sighed “I still don’t get it why you didn’t buy it for me!”. Eunhyuk facepalmed and moved closer, so that he sat next to Donghae on the big bed “Hae, I’ve already told you that it was too expensive.”. “But it was my birthday~!” Donghae whined and sat up abruptly staring right into the other’s eyes. Their faces were inches apart and they could feel each other’s warm breath on their lips. “Hyukkie~!” Donghae beamed moving his face closer to the older’s and batting his long eyelashes. The other gulped at the cute action and bit his lip, trying to look away. “Whatever you’re trying, it’s not working, so stop! I won’t get you the laptop and that’s final!” Eunhyuk stated getting up and exiting the room, leaving Donghae alone on the bed.

          “I hate youuu!” Donghae yelled before the older closed the door, puffing his cheeks and crossing his arms over his chest. Eunhyuk smiled and looked down at his feet, hand still on the knob “Loving you too, baby.”.

 

4.         “Eunhyuk-ah! Make sure Donghae doesn’t break anything while we’re away, okay?” Leeteuk spoke heading out the door with the other members. “Yes, hyung!” Eunhyuk replied sighing and sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the turned off TV. “Should I do it now?” Eunhyuk wondered out loud, his cheeks reddening at the dirty thoughts that crossed his mind after.

            “Hyukkie? Are you okay?” Donghae asked smiling brightly at Eunhyuk. The other looked up to meet the younger’s brown orbs and blushed an unhuman color of red, realizing how close their faces were. “I-I-I’m f-f-fine.” he stammered, avoiding Donghae’s gaze. He suddenly felt something vibrate in his pocket and fished his phone out. He bit his lip while staring at the small screen. “Hm? What’s that about?” Donghae asked again quickly taking the electronic from Eunhyuk and reading the message. “It’s nothing! Give it back!” the older tried, but pointless since the younger had already found out what he wanted to know.

           “The puppy is fine. They just came back from the vet and they were told she’s a Pomeranian. Should I continue to inform you?” Donghae read it out loud with brows furrowed in confusion. “What puppy? Inform? Hyukkie…” he said again looking up and trying to meet Eunhyuk’s lost gaze. “The puppy we didn’t let you keep that day…I talked with a friend to take it and put it up for adoption.” the other replied biting his lip. “Why? You didn’t let me keep it, just to give it to someone else?” Donghae questioned. “We couldn’t let you keep it and I didn’t want her on the streets, so I told him to take her because I felt bad for her.” Eunhyuk said, taking his phone back from Donghae. “Oh…” was all the other voiced out, not believing what the man before him said, but not wanting to push it either.

           Donghae left the room and went to the kitchen, searching the fridge for something to eat. “Why is here so much meat? Are we throwing a party or something?” he yelled out, loud enough for Eunhyuk to hear him. The older came in and smiled at the other “Ryeowook said he wanted to try some new recipes.”. Donghae narrowed his eyes “Hmm. Right. So they must be completely out of the blue, ‘cause I swear he tried out every single recipe in the books we bought him. I’m not hungry anymore. I’m going to play.”.

           The younger walked out, hands in his pockets, and went straight to his and Leeteuk’s shared room. He opened the closet, wanting to change into something more comfortable, but his attention was caught by a blue box in the corner of Leeteuk’s part of the closet. On it, it was written “For my dear Donghae, from Eunhyuk, with all my heart.”. His eyes widened “What could this be?”. He opened the box and saw the laptop he wanted so much inside of it. Now, it hit him like a bullet through his brain. “NO. WAY.” he gasped and smiled so brightly that it could rival the sun.

           He smirked and exited the room, finding Eunhyuk in his own room, lying on the bed. “Hyukkie-ah! What’s expensive, in a blue box and hidden in Leeteuk’s closet?” Donghae asked and smiled at Eunhyuk. The other’s eyes widened and he choked on his own saliva “I don’t know. Don’t tell me you found your brain there?”. The younger chuckled and sat down showing Eunhyuk the box “Wrong answer, Hyukkie. Why are you playing dumb when you know the right one?”.

           “I knew I should’ve just hidden it in Heechul’s room.” the older muttered under his breath glaring at the box. “Now, do you mind explaining what’s going on here?” Donghae asked batting his eyelashes and pouting cutely. Eunhyuk blushed and got up from the bed, going to look out the window “Didn’t you want the laptop? I asked the other members to put money in common so we could buy you this.”. Donghae rolled his eyes and then smirked “Dang! Dang! Dang!”.

           Eunhyuk turned around confused, only to see the other staring at him “What?!”. The younger pointed to the box “It says it’s from you, not from the others too.”. Donghae stuck his tongue out and Eunhyuk frowned “Do that again and you’ll get the opposite of the truth.”. The man on the bed stuck his tongue out again, wondering what would Eunhyuk do. The older walked towards him with slow steps and with every step he took he said a word “You know, Donghae-ah, you can be such a tease sometimes.”. He stopped in front of the younger, standing between the other’s legs. Donghae gulped and looked up to meet the other’s eyes, who continued speaking  “Like that time when you innocently went for the meat, but failed in getting it. I just wanted to kiss the daylights out of you.”.

           After finishing the sentence, Eunhyuk leaned down, raising Donghae’s chin with his thumb and index finger and placing a gentle, tender kiss on his lips. The kiss was quick, but seemed like an eternity for the two. Donghae’s heart was beating the same rhythm Eunhyuk’s heart did, a fast, unhuman pace. The older looked into those deep brown orbs of the guy beneath him and spoke again “Like that time when you cried, because of the puppy. I just wanted to hold your hand, entwine our fingers and with the other hand wipe those tears away.”. He took one of Donghae’s hands in his own and laced their fingers together, before caressing the younger’s cheek with the other hand. Donghae leaned into the touch, carried away by the warmness.

           Eunhyuk smiled “Like that time when you were angry because of the laptop. I wanted to hug you, until that negative feeling got lost.”. He lowered himself, hugging Donghae tightly. “And every single time I see you, my heart beats as fast as it is on a race field and I don’t know how to stop it. My knees are trembling when you smile and I’m sweating like after several hours of practice when you do cute actions like pouting and stucking your tongue out. With all that stuff aside, only one line crosses my mind every time.” he said letting go of Donghae and looking down at him to meet his gaze. “I love you!” he stated, eyes full of hope and a secret shine in them that reflected in Donghae’s own big orbs.

           The younger gasped and touched attentively the cheek of the one in front of him. Eunhyuk chuckled, placing his hand over the other’s. Donghae blushed and bit his lip. Eunhyuk slowly moved up, his face only inches away from the younger’s. His breath was ghosting across Donghae’s soft lips, while his gaze got lost in Donghae’s deep eyes. “I love you too!” the younger finally whispered and closed the distance between them. Lips brushed against lips, in a sweet manner, like they were afraid not to break each other. Donghae tugged at Eunhyuk’s hair with one hand, while the other was still on the older’s cheek and Eunhyuk left burning touches on the younger’s back, the other hand caressing Donghae’s neck.

           They broke apart for air, Donghae taking the chance to voice out something that was bothering him “I ruined everything, didn’t I?”. Eunhyuk looked at him in confusion “What are you talking about?”. “You were planning on confessing to me in a more sophisticated way, weren’t you?” the younger asked again. Eunhyuk chuckled and shook his head “I just wanted your happiness and nothing more. I…wasn’t actually going to confess, but I thought it’s a great opportunity when you came in the room with the laptop, so I did.”. Donghae pouted, frowning a little “Sooo, if I didn’t do it, you’d still be loving me from the side without thinking about saying a word to me?”. “Sort of…” Eunhyuk replied scratching the back of his head sheepishly. Donghae sighed.

           “I…” the younger started. Eunhyuk stared at him curiously “Do you still…hate me?”. Donghae shook his head “How can I hate someone that I love more than myself? That’s irrational.”. Eunhyuk chuckled “That sounds like a confession Heechul would make, but I’ll accept anything since it’s coming from you.”. The older stuck his tongue out. Donghae glared at him “If he hears that, you’ll be dead in no time and I’m trying to be romantic here! Stop ruining everything!”. “I’m not!” Eunhyuk said sitting next to Donghae on the bed.

           “If you aren’t, then let me speak too!” Donghae pouted crossing his arms over his chest. “I’ll shut up.” Eunhyuk replied smiling at the other and placing a finger over his own lips, voicing out a soft “Shush.”. Donghae giggled and tugged the other’s hand away. He leaned over until their foreheads were touching and noses brushed against each other. “Hyukkie-ah, God must be so proud of you, ‘cause you are his perfect creation, but still sad that he lost his most outstanding angel. He won’t get mad that I have you, right?” Donghae whispered, from time to time, his lips touching Eunhyuk’s while the words came out.

           Donghae smirked, but it disappeared fast from his lips, being replaced with a soft smile. “Remember this, Hyukkie. No matter how many times I say that I hate you, it’s always the other way around, but I just wanted you to think and realize that I love you too. I will always do…” the younger said, before hugging the other and hoping that not even eternity will break them apart.