...realized that horror movies aren't that bad.

That first time, when Jimin...

Hello, it's time for another chapter! It's a bit shorter, but I stil hope you'll like it :)

 

Days like that particular one used to happen two, maybe three times a month. The main reason why they’re happening was weather itself, often connected with even worse things. For example, a rainy, windy weather along with the lack of milk in the fridge and cat’s hair all over the couch could easily cause that kind of day aura. Usually Jimin would stay home on the days like those, feeling generally tired and not well. He would postpone all the activities and work just to get some peace and not be disturbed by anyone, even Hoseok or his family. But that specific day wasn’t like the previous ones. I mean, weather and other unpleasant things were on point, but Jimin had a special plans on that particular day, and he just couldn’t postpone them. It was a photoshoot for a fashion magazine, but not the usual one. He had to drive to another town, almost 300 km away, and he couldn’t just say that he won’t be there. It was a very professional shooting, it was a great chance for him to get more errands like that.

So there he was, almost sleeping on the passenger seat in Hoseok’s car, trying to stay focused on buildings they were passing by and keeping his eyes opened. He was starving too and he would even sacrifice one of his precious video games for a cup of coffee, really. He didn’t have a time to even think about breakfast, so he would have to wait now until they stop on some gas station. Maybe he should just make a driving license? It was probably high time. He wouldn’t have to ask Hoseok to drive him places, he would just do it himself. Well, maybe it was a good idea that his hyung was driving on that particular day, though. It was all his fault why Jimin was feeling so tired, it was a great penalty. He had kept him awake almost all night last night, and Jimin was regretting inviting him to stay and “watch movies”, really. Why would he do that right a day before such an important photoshoot?

Jimin looked at Hoseok for the last time before closing his eyes in order to take a quick nap as there was still a lot of kilometers ahead of them. But as soon as he felt relaxed, memories from last night made him smile to himself like an idiot, and he had to try his best to not actually burst into laughter.hen he remembered that night when Hoseok had stayed the night for the first time, and when he came to Jimin’s bedroom almost and …

Hey, Park Jimin! What are you even thinking about, huh?!

He felt weird after that night. And the last one had just made him question … a lot of things, actually.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sus-what?!”

Jimin sighed once again and sent Hoseok another indulgent smile. It didn’t matter what movie title he said, Hoseok had literally no idea what he was talking about. Maybe it’s because all of the movies Jimin owned were horror only?

Suspiria, hyung. It’s a classic, don’t even tell me you have never heard about it…” he answered finally, taking another bite of a hamburger he and Hoseok had bought on their way home from the dance academy the older boy was working in. Jimin called him earlier that day and invited him to watch the football match together, also offering some beer and fast food. He picked Hoseok up from the academy and they had both bought everything they needed before finally coming to Jimin’s flat. But due to a bad weather the match had been declined, so they had to think about something to watch instead of that. It was almost an hour since they had sat down on the floor in the living room, browsing through Jimin’s DVD movie collection. Hoseok thought that nobody should have that amount of movies, as long as they don’t want to spend their whole life just sitting in front of the screen.

“What is it about?” Hoseok finally asked, after staring at the cover of the DVD, trying to figure out how scary could that one be. He didn’t like horror movies, he would love to watch some comedy instead, but as long as it was Jimin’s place, he had nothing to do about it. It was funny though, because Jimin wasn’t really that brave, he was usually as scared as Hoseok while watching scary movies, but he was still enjoying them. It was something Hoseok will probably never understand.

“Is it frightening?” He looked up at Jimin, trying to hide the fact that some if the ketchup from his burger had fallen down on the carper, creating a small, red stain on the light fabric. Jimin didn’t seem to care, though, he was too busy explaining to Hoseok some main points on the movie and trying to convince him that it wasn’t really that scary, more creepy and disturbing.

“So, Suspiria it is?” Jimin finally asked, already getting up and coming up to the DVD player, ready to play the movie immediately.

“Yea, yea. Maybe it won’t be that scary…” Hoseok mumbled in response, picking up cds from the floor and putting them back on their place. He thought that he can surely survive one movie, they didn’t have time for more. It was already 8 am, and he should be home soon if he wanted to get some proper amount of sleep.

After almost 2 hours, both of the boys were more amused than scared. Maybe making fun of everything that was happening on screen was their way of keeping themselves away from getting actually scared. In the beginning of the movie, though, Hoseok could feel chills creeping up his spine, also Jimin who had already watched it before felt slightly terrified. It hadn’t lasted long as they quickly started to point out all of the small mistakes and exaggerated facial expressions on actors faces. Soon after they’re both laughing their heads off, all the way to an actual end of the movie. It was Hoseok who stood up as the first one, stretching a little bit after sitting in one position, and after that he put on his jacket. It was few minutes before 10 pm, but for Jimin it was still too early to let his hyung go.

“Hoseok, just one more, please! I have a really good movie, it’s not that late yet…” the younger boy whined loudly, quickly taking Hoseok’s backpack away to gain a bit extra time to make his hyung stay. He was doing it almost subconsciously, this little amount of time spent with Hoseok was clearly not enough.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, Jimin.” Hoseok shook his head once again, trying to keep a serious face. Jimin came up with a stupid plan again, not even thinking about consequences. Hoseok didn’t think he’d manage to stay awake the next morning after such a sleepless night. “We have to leave at least at 5 am tomorrow, so we can’t pull an all-nighter. Besides that, you won’t look well tomorrow if you don’t get a proper am-“

“Oh my god, you’re so boring….” Jimin whined loudly, siting back on his couch, tilting his head to one side and trying to achieve this sad puppy kind of expression by biting at his lower lip and shifting a longing stare between Hoseok and tv. “I’ll pick a really good movie, hyung. Maybe it’s the last chance to watch it together… “ Jimin continued, changing his look to a bit more dreamy one as he stood up and came up to his hyung, placing his chin on the older’s shoulder. Hoseok was acting like his mother again, all responsible and absolutely no fun. Jimin knew that his photoshoot wasn’t the main reason why the other boy didn’t want to watch the film, but the fact it will be another horror one. And he knew the best that his friend didn’t really like this genre.

“Why are you being like that…” Hoseok moaned accusingly, but after a second of hesitation he ped his jacket he had put on just a minute ago. He didn’t have a chance to take it off, though,  as Jimin did it for him, leading his older friend back to the couch. Hoseok knew he’ll regret his decision the next morning, but maybe a coffee will be enough to bring him back to life.

“I knew you’ll finally agree.” Jimin said, not even trying to hide his satisfaction. He quickly picked a new movie and played it, disappearing in his bedroom, leaving Hoseok alone in the living room. A few seconds later he came back with a big blanket his hyung had been sleeping the last time and some extra cushion for him. He was immediately met by a confused stare sent by Hoseok.

“What are you doing?” he asked, making Jimin freeze in the middle of his way up to the couch. “You wanted to watch a movie, who told you I’m staying in for the night?” he added after few seconds, when Jimin finally came up to him with even more confused expression.

“I thought it was obvious.” the younger answered, sitting back next to Hoseok and sending him an innocent smile. “We have to wake up early anyway, so what’s the difference. We can just leave a bit earlier to get to you flat and that’s it.” he added, shifting his stare to the screen, as the movie was already going. Hoseok’s car was still in the garage as he went to work by feet that day, but it was just a 15 minutes away from Jimin’s flat, so…

“Well…” Hoseok started with a shy smile, and after a moment of hesitation he finally agreed. “Ok, but you promise me you will wake up with no problem tomorrow. I don’t want to waste my time on shaking you off of your bed.” he ended with a silent giggle, which was cut off by Jimin sigh.

“I won’t be sleeping on my bed, hyung.” he started with a quiet voice, trying to avoid Hoseok’s stare. Suddenly he felt embarrassed by what he was going to tell him. All he had before his eyes where half- Hoseok in his bedroom door, with his messy hair and black briefs. “Oliver kinda… profaned my bed and I had to take it to the chemical washhouse to bring it back to normal, clean state, so… I think I have to sleep on the couch as well.” he finally added, lifting his stare to Hoseok’s face jus to meet his slightly surprised and scared expression. “Will it be ok with you? If not I can always make myself comfortable on the floor…” he suddenly tried to laugh about it, feeling how thick and awkward atmosphere had become, but to his relief, Hoseok laughed as well while patting his shoulder in a playful way, soon laughing uncontrollably on the floor.

“Your cat took a in your bed?! Really?! Oh my god, I love this pet…” Hoseok managed to say, trying to catch his breath and avoid Jimin’s fist punching his shoulders and back.

“It’s ok, Jiminnie, we can sleep together. As long as you don’t mind my loud snoring.” he added, laughing again and keeping his stare on the screen for good. It wasn’t such a big deal anyway, they’d been a band for few years, they’d been sleeping together more than hundred times, so it shouldn’t be so problematic for them. But since they’d started their own lives, such habits weren’t ordinary anymore, but it’s not a problem. It’s ok if they had to sleep together for just one night, there’s nothing wrong with it. Additionally, they had had slept on smaller bed before, so Jimin’s couch was appearing like a true kings bed on that night. So the topic of sleeping together was ended and none of the boys had brought it back that night. They had a lot of fun watching the second movie, even though it was much scarier than the first one.

Another two hours had passed and it was already past midnight when boys decided they had had enough spooky stuff for one night. Hoseok took a shower first, as Jimin had to turn off the DVD player and give Oliver some milk so he wouldn’t wake them up in the middle of the night. Then he had occupied the bathroom for a few minutes, just enough for a quick shower as well, and joined his hyung on the couch soon after. Hoseok and Jimin were pretty tired, so none of them seemed like talking, both turned away from each other, facing opposite walls, wrapped up in individual blankets. It had been so calm and quiet, but then Oliver decided to join them as he jumped on the couch and tried to make himself comfortable in the space between the boys.

“I swear to god I’m going to kill this cat one day…” Hoseok mumbled half asleep already, turning around just to face Jimin’s back. After a few seconds, younger boy did the same, just to be able to pet his cat and show him some love and affection. He couldn’t stop himself from taking a quick peeks at Hoseok’s face, who was lying so close to him he could actually feel heat radiating from his body. His eyes were closed and lips slightly parted, his whole face relaxed and calm. It wasn’t a problem for Jimin to find a small mole above Hoseok’s upper lip, feeling a bit weird that he still exactly remembered where it was. After all this time while living on their own, it suddenly felt so weird to be in the same bed again, and Jimin was feeling like a creeper for watching his hyung while he didn’t look. He was also wondering what his Hoseok was wearing, as he had been completely covered in blanket when Jimin came back from bathroom. Younger boy held his breath feeling his cheeks turning red at just thinking about Hoseok could be in his briefs only. Jimin really had no idea why he was thinking about such things or why all those small things were making him embarrassed, but as long as Hoseok didn’t know about anything, it was all fine. And just as for confirmation, his hyung’s loud snore filled the room, making Jimin giggle, hiding under his blanket.

 

Jimind didn’t need an alarm to wake up on the next day. He didn’t need the sun shining directly at his face or loud car noises  from the street. All he needed was a soft, quiet purring along with some hoarse voice coming from right next to him. Jimin was suddenly really glad that he use to sleep on his right side and that he woke up like that, because he could admire probably the sweetest, the most heartwarming scene he had ever seen.

As soon as Jimin opened his eyes, he saw Hoseok lying on his back with Oliver chilling on his hyung’s bare (as he was in fact sleeping only in his briefs) chest, pressing his small head against boy’s big, warm palm. Hoseok himself had his eyes half opened as a quiet mumbling was coming from his mouth as he complimented Oliver’s “soft fur, majestic whiskers and cute, dumb face”. The most important thing though was that he was staring at the cat with the look of absolute adoration which made Jimin want to melt under his blanket. He was watching Hoseok’s face, brighten up with his usual, although still sleepy, sunny smile, trying to remember if he had ever seen this kind of expression before, but he was quickly caught red-handed.

“Morning.” Hoseok whispered and turned his head to face his younger friend, but sighed sadly soon after, as Oliver had suddenly left his chest and was already making himself comfortable next to his owner, Jimin. “Traitor. I hate you again.” Hoseok added after few seconds, pulling himself closer to his dongsaeng so he could still pet Oliver. Jimin immediately felt his heart skip a beat as only Oliver was separating them, their bodies so close to each other, blankets and cushions tangled around the bed. Warmth coming from Hoseok’s body made Jimin wonder if he was some kind of human radiator or something like that, because he suddenly felt way too hot under all these blankets.

“What’s the time?” Jimin finally asked, still keeping his stare on Hoseok’s face. He just wanted to break the silence and make the whole situation less… intimate? Well, it was like that at least in Jimin’s head, but he was also thankful to Oliver for making such a good opportunity for him to admire his hyung’s features again. Hoseok’s sleepy face was even more interesting and pleasant to watch.

“It’s a few minutes past 4 am. We have to get up soon. “ Hoseok replied, lifting his stare from the cat to Jimin face and sending him a sad smile. “I’d rather just stay like that for a whole day to be honest.” he added before turning on his back again and stretching a little bit. It cause blanket to slip even lower, showing off Hoseok’s stomach and hem of his briefs. Jimin tried to focus on his cat but he faild miserably. It was nice that Hoseok was feeling comfortable in his flat, and Jimin hoped that he was going to start visiting him more often. 

But Jimin should remember to lend his hyung some clothes next time.

And actually stop thinking about his friend in that weird way.

Maybe another date with a girl would solve the problem, even though Jimin wasn’t sure what was his problem.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

When Jimin woke up he was still in the car, sunshine hitting him right in the face. He yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes, just to realize they were at the gas station. Hoseok should had woken him up before leaving him in the car, though, he had been dying to eat something and drink some coffee. He could actually smell it already…

“Did you slept well?” Hoseok’s voice made Jimin jump in his seat and curse under his breath. He didn’t even realized he wasn’t alone in the car, his hyung totally caught him off guard. He was still sleepy after his short nap, images from his dream and memories from the last night were flying around before his eyes. He was so confused about his feeling towards his friend he hesitated before turning around to see him. He wasn’t sure if he should tell Hoseok about it all or just keep it to himself and wait for it so go away. It could be just a phase, maybe it happened in all friendships. Maybe it was because it’d been quite a long time since they were so close to each other. Jimin sighed deeply, totally not ready to meet Hoseok’s intense stare.

There he was. Sitting on the driver’s seat with a coffee in his hands, looking at Jimin in the same he was looking at Oliver earlier that day, is head slightly tilted to one side, his eyes half-closed and lazy smile crawling onto his lips. That all made Jimin want to melt again, his breath suddenly hitched in his throat, making him unable to talk. He was thinking that it must be a great example of bedroom eyes, even tohugh Hoseok was doing it probably unconsciously. He was always such a grease ball anyway.Jimin  had seen this kind of look in movies before and he was totally sure that Hoseok was better than any other actor in the world. Jimin hated him so much though, he hated those eyes and that smile and his dumb face in general and he just wan-

“Are you hungry?” Hoseok soft voice suddenly cut off all these stupid thought running across Jimin’s head. He didn’t even wait for his dongsaeng’s response, he just handed him a paper back with sandwiches and fruits inside, and after putting away his own coffee Hoseok started the engine, sending Jimin a quick, amused look. “What is this face, Jiminnie? Did you have a weird dream?”

Jimin didn’t answered him, he just laughed in response and mumbled some incomprehensible words before stuffing his mouth with a sandwich. He felt like an idiot, but very lucky idiot in the same time. Maybe he was under the influence of Hoseok’s many charms, but at least he was able to spend as much time with him as he wanted to. They’re best friends, right?

He looked at his hyung’s face again, wondering if he was already suspecting anything, but by the way he was acting – just like good, old Hoseok – the thought of Jimin probably taking just a little bit fancy to him had never crossed his mind. And maybe it was better that way.

“Well, at least until it goes away and I’m myself again.” Jimin thought, taking a sip from Hoseok’s cup, didn’t even mind asking him for permission. But when the thought about his hyung’s lips touching that cup before him, he just mentally  facepalmed himself, thinking that maybe it was a start of some kind of mental illness. Or obsession.

“It’s not how friendship works.” he thought again, focusing on the road and trying to not look at Hoseok. He knew his hyung was sending him confused stares from time to time, but he was not ready to explain his weird reaction. Or his behavior in general.

Or the fact he was going to sleep under the blanket Hoseok had been using. For the rest of his god damn life probably.

Jimin facepalmed himself in his head again, before offering his sandwich to his hyung by simply putting it up to Hoseok’s lips. He just nodded in response and bit almost the half of it, making Jimin wonder how much he could fit in his mout-

“I need ing help.” he thought to himself while faceplaming himself for the third time in those few minutes, already feeling his cheeks turning red.

It was such a blessing that Hoseok was a very careful driver and he kept his eyes on the road almost all the time. Otherwise Jimin would had to explain why his face was suddenly flushed red.