Coffee and Bubble Tea

A High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a pleasant morning for Jongdae as he stepped inside the coffee shop across his new school to fetch a hot cup of cappuccino to start his day. His order has been prepared as his cup was placed over counter. He was about to get it when someone grabbed it first and handed his payment.

 

“Excuse me but that’s my cup.” Jongdae complained as he has to be early for his first day at school as a transferee student.

“What?” the guy asked innocently as he scanned the cup and saw what’s written on it.

“Unless your name is Jongdae too.” he tried to take it back but the guy suddenly took a sip.

“I’m really sorry but I’m in a hurry.” The guy said and ran outside.

 

-o-

 

It is five minutes before the time of their first class when Minseok arrived to their room. He dropped his things and sat down immediately as he catches his breath.

“You’re almost late! And where’s my coffee?” Chanyeol said as he took the cup from the other and noticed something.

“Yah! Who’s Jongdae?” he asked teasingly with his signature derp smile.

“I don’t know. He’s just a customer at the coffee shop a while ago.” Minseok totally passed out in exhaustion.

 

 

Minseok's POV

 

After sometime, the bell finally rang indicating the start of class. The teacher entered the room but I didn’t mind him as my face was still buried on my desk. The class hasn’t started yet but I’m already tired from running here and there. Later, my classmates suddenly started being loud and all I could hear is ‘Is he the new student here?’ when their teacher ordered silence.

“Is this class 2-A?” the guy asked with heavy breathing between his words.

“Yes. I guess you’re the transferred student, please come in.”

“Class, this is Mr. Kim and he’ll be with us from now on.” The teacher started.

“Hi I’m Kim Jongdae. Please take care of me and nice to meet you all.” The new student introduced himself which caught my attention. His name sounds familiar. I’m sure I’ve heard that name before. Slowly I raised my head and curiosity killed the cat, much more like murdered. We accidentally met gazes and he must recognize me. His expression suddenly changed to annoyance as he walked towards the empty seat which happened to be right in front of me.

“Hi I’m Chanyeol!” the taller waved his hand frantically.

“Sorry but I’m not in the mood.” Yikes! His tone send chills to me spine. He must be really had a bad day.

“Because some guy took my coffee earlier.” Then that Jongdae guy gave me a deadly glare and placed the cup he’s holding on my desk.

“Oh so you’re this Jongdae?” Chanyeol pointed at the cup he took from me.

The whole period, I just stayed quiet since I’m still embarrassed with what I did earlier (actually other than embarrassed, I’m more scared of him). Who would have thought that that guy would be in the same class as me? Our fourth subject finally came to an end and its lunch time already. I immediately ran outside the room because I can’t take the pressure anymore.

I ran as fast as I could until I got to the cafeteria. Am I going to run the whole day? I stood bent over, both hands on my knees as I catch up my breath. Swear I’m going to have a heart attack later, wait can I really have that from running? Thank goodness Chanyeol finally got here and instantly dropped to the floor.

“Yah! Why are you in a hurry?” Chanyeol asked as he breathes heavily.

“I’ve been in hell for the past four hours.”

“Just why on earth did you steal someone’s coffee?”

“It’s not my intention okay? My order, which is YOUR coffee, took so long to finish and I still have something to drop at the guidance office so I just paid his cup since I’m running late a while ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter