Bright Spark

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Oh Sehun couldn't give a damn about anything else, aside from his friends, his mom, and bubble tea. 

Oh Sehun had lived a pretty normal life. He lived in a normal, white house. He went to a normal middle school. He has a normal family. He has normal friends...

Okay.

Maybe not so normal...

Oh Sehun was walking home by himself one night when "The Spark" happened. And he could still remember it like it was just yesterday. 

Which really was just yesterday night.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

As bad as he may make it seem, his friends aren't all that bad. They were just busy with practice, yeah. That's why they couldn't walk home with Sehun. And Sehun, ever fulfilling his role of the whiny maknae, just jutted his lip before getting up to leave.

"Misneok hyung has soccer practice. Baek hyung and Jongdae hyung has choir practice. Tao has wushu practice, and Jongin has dance practice." Sehun muttered to himself. It wasn't even close to winter, yet the cool, Seoul air had Sehun fixing his scarf higher to cover his freezing nose. Sehun also has dance classes with Jongin, but not ballet classes. Sehun wonders why he was still taking up the dance, but Jongin would just respond with a shrug, and a, "For maintenance, you know?"

Of course, Sehun doesn't know. He had a short attention span on anything and everything he wasn't interested in. But dance wasn't one of them. Since he was alone, he decided to stop by this bubble tea shop he frequents. The bell by the doorframe tinkled upon his entrance. There weren't much many people inside, but since he promised his mother he'd be home earlier than usual, he ended up getting his favorite chocolate bubble tea, and an oreo cheesecake to go.

The lady at the counter was Sehun's favorite, because she seems to have his order memorized by heart. The lady, Victoria, her nametag said, smiled at Sehun before turning to fix his drink. He was waiting by the counter when a smaller person slid beside him. He didn't notice the other person until when they were both about to reach for their drinks. 

The back of their hands touched briefly, creating a little static, or spark, as Sehun calls it, making them both knock over their drinks to the floor. The sound the cups made made Sehun snap out of his trance-like state, and reached down to pick up a cup.

Totally not his cup.

"Um, I think that's mine," a soft voice said out of nowhere. Sehun looked up at this cute, angelic deer who was probably sent from heaven to save me from my miseries.

"Uh... Yeah. I think th-this is yours," Sehun stuttered. 'Thank god for not giving me the ability to blush easily!', he thought to himself, as he handed over the cup he was holding, and his own cup of chocolate bubble tea was shoved in his hand.

"I'll see you later, then," the boy said, walking past Sehun, and out into the streets before Sehun could even react.

"What. Just... Happened?" he said out loud, catching the cashier's attention. She just chuckled, and patted Sehun on the back. "Here's your cake," she said with a bright smile. "Careful on your way home," she added, as she waved Sehun goodbye, who was still in a state of shock even as he made his way out of the store.

He looked at his hand, and sure enough, he could feel his face heat up.

And it's not because of the wind, this time around.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

The next day, Sehun was having trouble paying attention in class. Sure, he never payed attention, but the fact that anything and everything the teacher was saying, came in through one ear, and then out the other.

"Mr. Oh? Mr. Oh, are you listening?" the teacher, Mr. Kim, said. The teacher just sighed and shook his head, after not getting any response from the teen. Sehun was a bright kid. Even if he didn't pay much attention, nor participated actively in class, he would always, always get the best marks from his class. That's why the teachers don't bother with him much.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

The morning lasted and ended how Sehun's first period went. During lunch, his friends didn't even mind him. At all.

Sehun was staring out the window on his side of the bench. He was staring straight at the apple tree on the other side of the field, only to be surprised to see the same angel he met last night. Sehun sat up straight, and followed the boy until he disappeared through the doors of the East Wing.

Sehun sighed, for like, the tenth time during lunch. His friends just rolled their eyes and continued with their ministrations.

For that forty seconds of watching his angel walk on the field, he felt like he came up with a conclusion. And urgent conclusion that needs to be voiced out. Still staring out the window, he tried calming himself in his mind. He kept on repeating, "I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do--" He stopped his mantra when angel's face came into his mind. Again. 

He was almost out of breath when he shook his head free of that adorable face. "Hey guys." he started. It was a rare occurance for him to initiate any conversation. So rare, that he even managed Kai to look up from his phone, Tao to pause midway thorugh his online shopping spree, Jongdae and Baekhyun to paus the game they were playing, and the eldest hyung, Minseok, to drop the garbage bag he was holding up.

"Yes, Sehun?" they all replied. Uneasy. They all gulped loudly, while they waited for Sehun to talk again. 

Maybe we were just imagining things..? they all thought, as they exchanged worried looks, and stared some more at Sehun's back.

"Hey guys." Sehun said again, only this time he turned to look at the others.

"I think I'm in love." He said, his eyes twinkling, as he smiled.

 

Cue loud screams and cheering and clapping and obnoxiously fake crying.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

And that was when Sehun regretted telling his friends.


Kinda filler-ish, but, here ya go! So basically, here's how they're divided:

 

Kindly refer to EXO's 'Growl' MV, and yeah. The groups are based on the two groups during the entirety of the song. Anyways, here's everyone relationship with each other (just so no one's gonna ask later, or something):

 

Sehun, Jongin, and Tao are best friends. 

Jongdae and Baekhyun are boyfriends.

Minseok hyung is childhood friends with Jongdae, and hangs around the kids.


The other group is kinda like the Student Council for this fic (bc you can never go wrong with high school au's):

 

Lu Han is the President.

Yifan is the External Vice President, Lu Han's best friend, and Junmyeon's boyfriend.

Junmyeon is the Internal Vice President, and kinda like the mom of the Council.

Kyungsoo is the Secretary, and is Minseok's boyfriend. (ahahaha! Didn't see that coming, huh?)

Yixing is the Treasurer. He's kinda high as a kite all the time, but when it comes to money and figures, he's, uh, god at that. He's also Yifan's cousin.

Chanyeol is the Public Relations Officer, what with him knowing each and every student on campus. He's Baekhyun's childhood friend, and Kai's number one fan. (He was the one who started the fanclub, and just pulled anyone who was willing in with him)


Updates will be kinda short, but, IDK. I'll try updating every week, so be sure to be on the lookout for news, or whatever.