Escape

MIB: Potens est Unita

SIMS POV

Pain. Flashes of a light. A putrid, clean smell ading my sensitive nose, and white. So much ing white, that it seemed to sear itself into my retinas, leaving almost-permanent after-images scarred onto the back of my retina.

My arms were strapped down again by that god-forsaken strait jacket. I ing hated that strait jacket. It just served to constantly remind me how utterly under their control I was. It binds me down, takes away my freedom to move, and makes me feel like nothing more than a wild animal. Not to mention how itchy it is!

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been in this position. Held down and shot full of so many drugs, it’s sometimes hard to formulate any thoughts more complex than “ouch.” But believe me that thought occurred a lot.

No, this situation is definitely not the first time it’s happened, but so help me god...

I am going to make sure it is the last.

The heavy thudding of their A-grade boots announced their presence to my ears long before they entered my field of vision. I feigned unconsciousness, curled in fetal position in the corner of my cell. Seeing me, the guards would assume I was too pumped full of drugs to even function properly, and would have to manhandle me in order to complete todays round of tests.

I was counting on their relaxing normal procedures due to being lulled into a false sense of security by my apparent unconscious state. Thankfully, luck was on my side. They seemed to deem that in my current state, I was unable to struggle away from a fly, let alone the 200lbs of meaty muscle that they were, and decided to forego the usual dosage of tranquilizer that could stop a charging rhino.

That, they will soon find out, was a mistake.

I waited patiently for the opportune moment. There was one section of the journey that we passed the doors to the fire escape. I had recently broken the lock on that door in one of my ‘fits’ as the quacks here called them. Of course, these 'fits' are not actual medical problems, it’s usually just me more-or-less throwing a temper tantrum.

Anyway, this door leads to the ground floor, where the main entry/exit lay. That door is the easiest and most convenient exit. But, it is also the most heavily guarded, and I wasn’t going to risk this chance at freedom in some unnecessary show-down with the sea of meaty fists that would rain down on me. So, I was heading for the basement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In all honesty, I guess it could have gone a lot worse. I made it past my ‘supervisors’ and I got out the basement. Unfortunately, I didn’t account for the vast forest that stretched from the lab’s 20 foot tall steel wall.

Thinking back, I probably should have planned that a bit better.

But I didn’t have time for regrets, now that there is an angry army of trigger-happy soldiers on my heels. The result of every move from this point on would be based on pure luck.

I sprinted straight for the nearest guard tower, since it seemed to have the easiest way up the 20-foot obstacle in front of me. While I scaled the rusty bars of a metal ladder, I started to feel gunshots whizzing pass my unguarded body. I suddenly felt extremely vulnerable, with my back to my steadily approaching captors, but I had to forge on.

Focussing, pouring every last bit of strength I had into my straining muscles, I leaped off the bar, up the last 10 feet and over this last wall of my cage.

But, I wasn’t quite as home-free as I had thought. On the decent of my arc, my luck with dodging bullets seemed to run out and two bullets tore my body, one went straight through my shoulder and out the other side, while the other lodged itself into my left hip. As I hit the ground, pain raced through my body, travelling my veins like liquid agony.

But I just kept running, knowing that if I got caught, something worse than death awaited me. So, I just ran. Without direction, without purpose, without knowledge, just a simple desire to escape and never, ever come back. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think? Like it? Hate it? Want it to burn in the fiery pits of hell? LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!