Chapter 19

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 19

 

If only I had my phone, I’d call Jung Ah and tell her how upset I was about how she kept something so big from me or how she didn’t even bother to mention that Jin Guk wasn’t Se Hun’s child. I mean, why didn’t she say anything when I was being a big baby about it? If she knew, that meant that Jae Hyun had to know because he knew everything. So then… Was I really the only one who didn’t know?

I would have gone back to the café to go talk to Lu Han about it, but I didn’t have time. I had to go meet up with Kang Hee at her office since I was already ten minutes late.

When I had gotten to her office, she was sitting at her desk while she was on the phone. She looked impatient, but when she noticed me by the doorway, she put her phone down and waved me over.

“I’ve been trying to call you all afternoon, Soo Jin.” Kang Hee sighed as she placed one hand onto her hip. “I was getting worried. I thought something happened.”

“Ah, no, I actually lost my phone so I couldn’t contact you.” I closed my eyes for a bit as I sighed apologetically.

“Yeah, I got a hold of your husband and he said that you should have been on your way.” Kang Hee sat down, gesturing me to sit down in front of her, as she flipped through some papers. “I guess today, we can start off easy, right? We’ll do the Hanbok fittings and then we’ll go try some food to see what you would like to serve your guests.”

I nodded my head. “I think Jung Ah will be here soon, so we can wait.”

“Oh okay. That’s good. I didn’t think you’d want to do this alone.” She chuckled before looking up at me from her papers. “How do you feel about doing your wedding dress today then too? If we’re already doing the Hanbok fitting, we can go pick a dress.”

My heart suddenly wouldn’t stop beating rapidly inside of my chest. “Really?”

“Why not?” Kang Hee shrugged as she laughed at my reaction. “I mean, we can do your Hanbok fitting and then we can look for a wedding dress. It’ll be perfect and right before we eat too. We wouldn’t want you bloated before we go.”

“Ah, yes. Can we please do that today?” I felt like I was already begging on my knees. The sound of finding a wedding dress was exciting.

“Okay. I know it’s going to take time to find a wedding dress so every time we meet, and if you don’t find a dress that you like, we’ll go hunt for one.” Kang Hee wrote something down on the paper in front of her before her phone started ringing. “Hello? Jung Ah? Oh… Oh okay… I’ll let her know. Yes. I’ll send you a message of the location. Yes.”

“Jung Ah called you?” I raised an eyebrow.

Kang Hee nodded her head. “Yeah, she said she’s running a little bit late so she’ll meet us where we’re going. I’ll just send her a text message of our location.”

“Oh, okay…” I said as we both stood up from our seats.

I didn’t know that not having a phone could be so complicated. Did Se Hun have it by chance?

 

**

 

If my mother was here to see me try on all these different colored hanboks, she’d be bawling her eyes out, but she would have loved to see me try them all. They were all so colorful and beautiful. It was a shame that I didn’t try wearing one more often whenever the fall season was here, but I guess at the same time, I’m glad I didn’t wear one too often. These things were a lot of work putting on.

“How are you feeling?” Kang Hee asked as she observed the red dress that was being wrapped around my waist tightly.

“Uh, it’s a good thing we decided to eat after all this.” I laughed, causing my stomach to tighten a little more when the lady decided that it could go on even tighter.

“It looks beautiful on you, Soo Jin.” Kang Hee commented. “You’ve tried on so many so far, but have you found any colors that you thought would fit best?”

“I was thinking maybe this red dress…” I said trying to breathe as the lady fixed it. “And maybe the yellow top that I tried on before this. I think the two would fit together well.”

“Ah, you’re right. It would be very pretty, but don’t you think it’ll seem like you’re wearing mustard and ketchup together?” Kang Hee burst out into laughter, causing me to join her when I realized the two colors that I had just put together.

“I didn’t even think of that.” I pursed my lips as I looked back behind me at all of the other hanboks that I’ve tried on.

“How about a color that you rarely wear? It’ll be a good change for your wedding.” Kang Hee suggested. She stood up from her chair and walked over to the other hanboks I didn’t even try looking at. She pulled out an orange colored dress and a crème top. “How about this? These are very pretty together.”

I nodded my head. “I guess it won’t hurt trying new colors.”

When the lady helped me change out of the hanbok I was wearing and into the other outfit that Kang Hee had suggested, I found myself falling in love with the two colors that were placed together. How could orange look so good on me? I found myself laughing. I never really thought orange was a romantic color nor did I ever think that I’d look good in it, but the hanbok dress made me look very pretty and elegant.

“What do you think?” Kang Hee asked as she walked around me, looking at every corner of the dress. “The dress is beautiful, Soo Jin.”

“It is beautiful.” I replied, taking in a deep breath.

“Then are you okay with this hanbok?” Kang Hee asked tilting her head.

I nodded my head. “Yes, we’ll take this one.”

“Okay then.” Kang Hee raised her arm in the air happily. “Let’s get your measurements and move to the other location to where our dresses would be.”

 

**

 

I felt like I was in another world being surrounded by so many different wedding dresses and if that didn’t make it any better, the place had two floors filled with dresses. My heart was going crazy and my mind was going to blank out soon. Where was Jung Ah when I needed her? She would have loved this just as much as I did.

“Well, go take a look.” Kang Hee gestured as she smiled prettily. “I’m going to look around too, so hopefully we’ll both find one that you like.”

“This is unbelievable.” I said shaking my head. “How am I supposed to find one here. It’s so big and there are two floors!”

“Well, we won’t have to find one today. We can always go look at other stores until you find the one dress you believe will be right.” Kang Hee replied, clasping her hands together. “I’ll give you two hours to find a dress or so. I don’t want you to start starving or even pass out just trying to find a dress.”

I laughed at her comment, but shrugged it off as I started off on the second floor to look for a dress. I honestly didn’t know what kind of dress I wanted. I’ve seen people with the mermaid dress, a slim dress that flowed down, a ball gown that looked as if they were Cinderella, and even long sleeved dresses that looked like they were from the eighties. There was so many to choose from. My head was starting to hurt.

 

**

 

“Jung Ah said she will be here soon.” Kang Hee spoke as the curtains opened and revealed me in a wedding dress that she had chosen.

“Did she tell you where she was?” I asked.

Kang Hee shook her head. “No, but you look beautiful in that dress.”

“I’m not feeling it.” I shook my head and the curtains closed again.

It’s been like this for the past hour. I have tried on over ten dresses already and felt like none of them were really that great or they just weren’t what I was expecting when I tried them on. I couldn’t believe that it was this hard.

“Your husband’s on the phone, Soo Jin.” The curtains opened again and Kang Hee gave me her cell phone.

“Hello?” I pressed the phone to my ear.

“What happened to your phone?” Jin Hyuk’s voice made my heart flutter. It felt as if I haven’t heard it in a long time. “Your parents told me not to worry and said you were with Kang Hee for your wedding planning.”

“Ah, I lost it last night when I went out to drink.” I commented, sighing. “I was going to let you know, but as you can see, I don’t have a phone to call you.”

“It’s okay. I was just beginning to worry, but I know you’re alright since you’re with Kang Hee.” He sighed on the other line, making me wonder what he was doing. “How is it? What are you two doing?”

“I tried on a hanbok earlier today and already found one that I really liked.” I remembered the orange dress which left the most impact on me because of the way it was sewed so prettily. “But right now, we’re trying on wedding dresses.”

“What?!” His voice cracked. “You’re trying on a wedding dress without me there?!”

“Haven’t you heard that it was bad luck to see your fiancé in a wedding dress before marrying them?” I let out a laugh, a laugh that finally seemed real.

“I’m just imagining you wearing a dress and how beautiful you’d look in it.” Jin Hyuk said sweetly. “I miss you so much, Soo Jin. I want to see you.”

“I miss you too. I feel like I haven’t seen you in awhile.” I looked at myself in the mirror, taking in the fact that I was still wearing the wedding dress.

“I’m sorry, Soo Jin. I’m sorry I’ve been so caught up with work that I haven’t been making time for you. I hope you’re not upset or think that I don’t love you.” Jin Hyuk sounded frustrated, but at least I knew he was being sincere. “I want to see you now. I want to see you tonight when I get off. Can we please go do something? Let’s go on a date.”

My heart jumped. “A date?”

“Yes, let’s go on a date. It’s beautiful out today and even if I won’t see you till tonight, it’ll still be nice enough for us to walk around and eat.”

“Okay.” I said feeling all giddy and excited. It’s been so long since we’ve been on a date and from the way he was speaking, he wanted to see me. “I’ll see you tonight then.”

“Good. I love you. Have fun.” Jin Hyuk said as he hung up the phone.

I gave Kang Hee back her phone before the lady, who worked there, helped me out of the dress and helped me back in another one.

“Did I hear that your fiancé was going to be taking you out on a date?” Kang Hee asked the curtains opened once more.

I nodded my head. “We haven’t had time to see each other lately. He’s been so busy with work that I barely run into him.”

“Awh, that’s usually hard in a relationship, but I’m glad the two of you are still making things work.” Kang Hee sighed looking at me.

“It wasn’t like that when we were in Canada though.” I pouted, placing my hands onto my hips as I looked at the dress I was now in. “We used to have a lot of time together even when I was studying. He would always visit me, bring me food, and watch me study, but now that we’re back in Korea, it’s different. He meets everyone in the business industry and all he’s been doing is work and meetings.”

“I guess it’s easier to meet people here since it’s your native country.” She replied.

“That’s why I’m trying not to be down about it. I want to support him and see where life will take him.” I shrugged nonchalantly. “It’s hard not seeing him, but if it’ll do something for him and make him happy, I’m more than willing to wait patiently.”

If only I could have said those words earlier when I was arguing with my mother… I guess I was just offended that she would accuse me of doing something or lying, even if I was.

“Your fiancé is going to be so happy when he marries you, Soo Jin. You’re so patient and loving. Look at you, you’re even caring when it comes to him and his business. Usually by now, most women leave their fiancés because they believe they don’t love them and worry about work more.” Kang Hee shook her head slowly. “It’s all about timing. Just wait, Soo Jin. You two will have a lot of time together.”

“I know. That’s what I have to keep reminding myself.” I shook my head as I pointed to the dress. “I think we’re going to have to try another one. I don’t really think this one suits me.”

“Alright. We’ll try on the next one.” Kang Hee gestured the lady, who once again, closed the curtains.

 

**

 

The next dress that the lady helped me in was beautiful. It was sleeveless, but the corset was tight around my rib cage. The dress flowed down beautifully down to my feet. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn’t help but admire the laces that were sewed around the dress. It was beautiful.

“Soo Jin, I’ll be right back. I have to take a call.” Kang Hee said. I could hear the door chiming open before closing again.

“Let’s open the curtains, why don’t we?” The lady suggested.

As soon as the curtains opened, it was as if time was moving slower than usual. I wasn’t expecting to see anyone only because Kang Hee said she was going to go take a call, but when I saw someone standing there in front of me, I felt like my heart dropped down to the pit of my stomach.

There were two things running through my mind. One, why does this always happen to me and two, Jung Ah was definitely going to get it!

“You look beautiful, Ahn Soo Jin.”

 

 


 

Author's Note:  Who hates me? Hehehehe... Sorry everyone... After I turned 21, real life took a toll on me, but I PROMISE YOU ALL that I am not abandoning this story even if it takes me forever to post up. Hope you all enjoy this :( **BYTHEWAY, I did not fix or check my grammar cos' I really wanted to post this up so ignore the mistakes :P