Monster Under The Bed

Monster Under The Bed

There was a small tug on his hand which was hanging down from the bed. He hummed and tried to shoo it away, but then he felt something grabbing his thumb. That was when Jonghyun immediately woke up, and yanked back his hand, while looking around in the dark room. He sat up straight, searching for what woke him up.

After he couldn't find anything, he turned to look at his left, slowly reaching out towards the figure what was curled up in the sheets.

- Taemin! - he whispered, shaking the boy's shoulder. When he didn't respond, Jonghyun started to shake him more forcefully - Taemin! Wake up!

- What? - asked the boy with barely opened eyes - What's wrong?

- There is something in the room... - he hissed moving closer to his boyfriend.

- Ugh. I told you, not to watch that horror movie, because you’ll have nightmares... - Taemin mumbled, burying his face into the pillow.

- It's not like that, I wasn't dreaming! - Jonghyun could have sworn he heard something moving in the corner at the other side of the room.

- It's okay. You just can't handle scary things. Go back to sleep. - muttered Taemin in half sleep, and a few seconds later his breathing evened, and he slept peacefully.

The other man was still sitting next to him, looking at him with a sullen pout, before slipping himself between the sheets, and actually go back to sleep.

~*~

He felt his pillow moving out from under his head. He tried to pull at it, and get it back to its place, but with a harsh tug it was gone. When his head fell on the bare matress, he quickly jerked up, and looked at his pillow with a terrified expression.

- Taemin! Taemin! - he hissed, moving back to the headboard - Taemin! Taemin!!!

- What is it? - the boy looked up at him, giving him a glare.

- I told you! There is something! My pillow! Look! - he kept pointing next to the bed, so Taemin sat up tiredly, looking at the pillow lying on the carpet.

- Yeah, you tossed your pillow down. Pick it up and sleep.

- No! Taemin, you don't understand. There is something in this room. Oh my god! This is under the bed! It's waiting for us to go to sleep and... - he said hysterically.

- Yes, there is a monster under our bed what is waiting for the chance to steal away our pillows. - Taemin said sarcastically while leaning over to Jonghyun's side to pick up the poor pillow.

- No, don't! - Jonghyun grabbed his hand, keeping it in place - It will bite you... or worse!

- Stop it, you acting like a five years old! - Taemin jerked away his hand and quickly grabbed the pillow tossing it back to the bed. - Here! Sleep!

- It didn't tried to catch you! - He looked at his boyfriend with wide eyes.

- Of course it didn't! - said the boy with a bored expression, just about to lying back when Jonghyun started to speak.

- That's right, it doesn't want you. - he said with a serious tone - It's after me! It wants me, because I will be old from tomorrow, and when I was little they couldn't catch me because I slept with a lamp on, and...

- Geez, Jonghyun it doesn't make any sense! - Taemin said, trying to calm down his hysterical boyfriend. - There is nothing after you, especially not under our bed. And what the hell are you talking about? You will be just twenty-six, not eighty. It's not old, . And now, go to sleep! - he ordered.

- But... - Jonghyun looked at him with pleading eyes.

- Sleep!

Then he turned his back to Jonghyun so he can get some sleep.

On the other hand, Jonghyun was looking trought the dark, searching for any sign of a monster or demon in the shadows.

After spending half an hour stalking the shadows on the floor, and listening to his boyfriend calm breathing, his eyelids started to feel heavy. After a while, he lay down, just  trying to get comfortable, but ended up drifting off to a deep sleep.

~*~

The monster was at his head. It was panting next to his ear. He felt its hot breath against his cheek. It touched him with its wet finger, tracing it along on his cheek. He felt its weight on his chest, but he didn't dare to make a move.
After a while, he tried to reach out forTaemin. He slowly moved his hand towards the sleeping boy, carefully trying not to make any noticable movement.

When he felt Taemin's arm, he softly shook it a little, making the boy switch in his sleep. He tried to tug his arm again, his eyes closed tightly.

- What's your problem now? - Taemin finally spoke and with that, the weight from his chest dissapeared.

He shoot up, sitting up straight and looking around to make sure, the creature what attacked him, whatever was it, was gone. When he made sure about it, he turned to his boyfriend with fearful eyes.

- It was here! - he shouted.

- What? - he looked confused.

- The monster, Taemin!

- Oh, yeah, the pillow stealer monster from under the bed. - he nodded - But your pillow is here, and it's okay, so I don't think...

- It tried to kill me!!! - Jonghyun shouted, clutching to the sheets.

Taemin sighed.

- Jjong, I already told you...

- I'm serious! - he continued, looking around - It was pulling my hand, after that it stole my pillow, and now it was at my face, and I'm telling you, it ing my neck!!!

For that, Taemin looked up. He studied his boyfriend’s fearful expression, before sighed deeply, holding out his arms.

- Come here!

He could barely finish his sentence, Jonghyun was already next to him, hugging him so tightly he could barely breath.

- It will come back, Tae... - he muttered into his boyfriend's hair.

-I'm here. I promise it won’t hurt you. - he whispered soothingly.

- How do you know? - Jonghyun asked, tightening his arms around him.

- I just know. - Taemin said before giving a peck to his now half asleep boyfriend and hugging him back.

He waited until Jonghyun fell asleep. After he was sure, he wouldn't wake up, he carefully removed his arms from his waist, and quietly slipped out from under the covers. Kneeling next to the bed he peeked up to his sleeping boyfriend, before leaning down to look under it.

And there was it. The monster with its giant fangs. The hot breath of it hit Taemin's face. He searched until his gaze met with the devilish eyes, staring at him. It was just a few centimiters away from his face, keeping to stare at him with that evil eyes of it and...

- Come here, Roo! - he whispered, backing away from the bed to catch the brown furball which was running towards him.

The dog started to make happy sounds when he picked her up, carrying her out of the room. He quietly closed the door behind them, and looked down at the dog with a smile.

- How did you come in, huh? - he chuckled when she his cheek as a respond.

- You supposed to be a birthday gift, not a monster what scaring the out of her new master. - he laughed, making his way to the kitchen with the dog. 

He put her down, and he sat down next to her, watching her happy expression.

- You enjoyed to scare him, didn't you?

The respond was a happy barking, and she jumped on his lap.

- I see, we will get along really well. - he smirked, the dog's soft fur.

 

~~~

It's finally finished! ^^ It was my first time writing something in english, so I hope I didn't make too many errors. ^^"