Start and End

Regrets...

It was midnight on 11th April 2015 when Sehun's phone rang in the middle of his loud birthday party. Excusing himself fron the table, he went into an unoccupied room. Taking out his phone, he frowned upon seeing the unknown number.

 

"Hello, I'm not interested in-" 

"世勋。。。" Sehun's eyes widened. That voice...

"Yes, its me. Luhan hyung. Your Lu-ge." Sehun wanted to shout out loud. He wanted to kiss the phone. He wanted to scold Luhan for running away. Instead, he coldly answered, "Oh, its you hyung. What's up? Calling to apologize for running away? Too late." As soon as the words left his mouth, Sehun regretted it. 

"N-no, I just called to wish you happy birthday." Sehun started cursing himself, telling himself that he was too harsh on Luhan. "And...and also to tell you, I'm getting surgery tomorrow. The success rate is 0.1%. Hun, I might not make it." Sehun's heart stopped and he fell to his knees. No, this wasn't...this couldn't be happening. 

 

"Sehun, are you still there?" Luhan was answered by the sound of soft sniffling and heart-wrenching sobs, before Sehun shouted.

"Hyung, you're a liar! You said we would be best friends forever. Then you leave me here with all the other members. Do you know how lonely I've felt?! Hyung I hate you!" Sehun sobbed as he covered his face with his free hand. He could still vividly remember the day EXO had been formed, and he had met his best friend Luhan.

 

Initially he had thought Luhan to be younger than him, thus he had taken great care of the older. Even later, when he realized that he was in fact the maknae, he still continued taking care of the older in the same manner. Alas, their friendship had been destroyed by Luhan's departure. Sehun had reverted to being stubborn and cold as a result.

 

"Hun ah, listen." This time, Luhan's voice was trembling too. "Remember how hyung said that he would solve any problem for you?" Sehun sullenly nodded and mumbled a 'yes' through his sniffles. "Hunnie, the best solution is..." At this point, Luhan started sniffling and Sehun immediately predicted his answer. 

 

"Hyung, don't say it!" Sehun frantically pleaded, fresh tears forming in his eyes. "Please don't! I forgive you! Just don't..."

 

"Hun ah, let's stop being friends. Stop contacting me. Stop thinking about me. Erase all our times together. Forget my name. I'll do the same. Let's accept our fate will never intertwine together. Goodbye." With tears in his eyes and an aching heart, Luhan bravely hung up first. As he cried in a corner, he started experiencing breathing difficulties due to his inconsistent breathing. However, his manager arrived just at that moment and Luhan was rushed off to the hospital for immediate surgery.

 

"Hyung, no! Lu hyung!" Sehun pleaded into the phone as he heard the dial tone. He tried re-dialing the number but to no avail. Luhan had been smart enough to use a payphone. Sehun wept as Suho ran into the room and immediately embraced him.

 

 

"Former EXO member Luhan suffered from breathing difficulties early this morning and was rushed to hospital for surgery. He was in ICU before he died peacefully at 12.20am. Going on to the next news..." Sehun wept as he saw the timing Luhan had died. He regretted the words he had said to Luhan. He regretted not saying his final goodbye. He regretted never being there for the older boy. Just then, Sehun received a text message from a extremely familiar number. Luhan's old phone.

 

Sent:12.19am

Received:8.10am

"我永远爱你,吴世勋。永远都别忘记。

I love you Oh SeHun. Never forget that.

-Luhan-"