Chapter 1

Reconciliation

“He went out with that guy again.” Sehun whispered to no one in particular as he rolled his eyes while clicking on a picture he just recently laid his eyes on on Instagram. It was a picture of a close friend of his with a guy he doesn’t know of. That friend is Jung Daeun, Sehun’s best friend since high school.

The two friends have not been talking to each other for months now after getting into a heated argument which caused Daeun to walk out from the scene and never contact Sehun again. Daeun has been on the chopping block since her group debuted after Sehun’s fans found out that she was his best friend; they weren’t too accepting of their friendship. Daeun has experienced different forms of harassments from Sehun’s fan; she got called demeaning names during music show rehearsals, thrown balls of paper and other sorts of garbage during open fansign events, received threatening letters and comments on her instagram posts and so much more. She has always been an understanding girl, she always reminded herself to be the bigger person all the time even though there are certain occasions when she’s totally agitated already and want to fight back. She didn’t want to jeopardize her group and drag Sehun into this mess. But when her close friend Chunga started receiving hate messages from Sehun’s fans as well, she though enough was enough. She confronted Sehun about the matter but it didn’t go too well.

“Oy Sehun what are you murmuring to yourself over there? And what’s with that scornful look?” Chanyeol, one of his playful hyungs who, surprisingly looked really serious asked him from the other side of the room. “He’s probably stalking Daeun’s instagram again and mentally cursing whoever the guy she’s with” Baekhyun joined while giving the maknae a teasing look.

It was 2 in the afternoon and EXO just finished pre-recording for a music show performance and their manager decided to give the whole afternoon for the boys to rest. While the other members went out to grab some pizza and burger, the other three chose to stay in their dorm and just laze around.

“Hyung shut up.” The youngest said while giving the older one a threatening glare. “~Hyung shut up~” Baekhyun mimicked with a disgustingly forced aegyo voice which earned a smack from Chanyeol; he too laughed at Baekhyun’s mimicry but decided not to poke further fun at the young boy. “So she still hasn’t talked to you yet? Man it’s been half a year since that confrontation happened.” Chanyeol said looking concerned. “I don’t really care. She was the one who walked out on me. If she doesn’t want to talk to me then fine. Her lose not mine.” Sehun shrugged while tossing his phone on the sofa. “Yeah yeah you don’t really care about her that five months ago, you secretly asked our manager to check up on her, then four months ago you secretly borrowed our stylists noonas’ phone to text her, then three months ago you sneaked out and went to Suwon to watch her group perform in a festival, then last month you sneaked out again to go to her drama filming but being your idiotic self you got lost. My point is it isn’t really obvious that you care so much about her that you would go through such lengths to—“ but Baekhyun couldn’t continue his speech anymore as his face was welcomed with a pillow. “HYUNG I HATE YOU!!!” Sehun yelled at Baekhyun and fled the scene hiding the blush that was slowly creeping on his face. “God, he’s acting like an eighteen year old chick on her period.” Baekhyun murmured while staring at the door Sehun just went out from. “And why am I always getting hit??”

Sehun was outside their apartment complex, panting. He hadn't really thought of how desperate his actions were until they were pointed out to him. He felt embarrassed and ashamed. He groaned in frustration mentally cursing himself. He probably looked like an idiot to the people passing by but he didn't really care. Not wanting to go back and face his hyungs' teasings, he decided to drop by at the bubbletea shop he used to visit with Daeun back in high school. "The pizza and burger can wait." He told himself.

After ordering a chocolate flavored bubbletea, Sehun settled himself in the farthest two-seater table of the shop. He was well aware of the people's stares at him; some were secretly taking pictures and some were whispering and gushing over him but he didn't care, he just wanted to think.