Bestowal

Bestowal

Jonghyun woke up with smile on his face this morning. Of course he did since today was his birthday, April 8th. He climbed off of his bed and leaved his room. Once he stepped in to the kitchen, he was welcomed with shout from s.

Happy birthday, hyung!” Taemin’s face was bright when he said that.

You’re being older, Dino” Key congratulated him while cooking.

You’re older than me, but still I’m taller than you, hyung” Minho found the new way to say happy birthday to Jonghyun.

Only Taemin knows how to say happy birthday. You two need to learn it from him,” Jonghyun took his seat. “Where is Onew hyung?”

He realized the absence of their leader. This fact saddened him. It was not like he didn’t appreciate the other members, but Onew’s presence was special in this special day.

Hyung already left for his schedule since this morning,” Taemin answered.

What schedule? Our practice schedule today is at 11 am, isn’t it? Why did hyung leave already?”

Oh, didn’t he tell you? Onew hyung won’t join us for today’s practice. He has script reading for his web drama,” it was Key’s turn to answer.

Jonghyun checked his phone, hoping to see a text from his boyfriend. He tried his best to not show his dejection in front of the younger three when he didn’t see any message from Onew. “Why did Onew hyung not tell me that schedule? Why didn’t he send me any text? Did he forget about my birthday?” Jonghyun couldn’t help but thought about that possibility.

 

Jonghyun was happy as many people wished him a happy birthday. But he was still sad since Onew didn’t say anything to him. The older didn’t call or text him to say happy birthday.

Is it okay if I call him?” Jonghyun murmured to himself. He fished his phone from his pocket and dialed Onew’s number.

Hello, hyung…” Jonghyun was not able to finish his greeting as he was cut off by the man on the other line.

Jonghyun-ah, It’s me, not Onew.” Jonghyun heard their manager’s voice.

Where is hyung?”

He is attending his first script reading. Didn’t the other members tell you?”

Yes, they did. But it’s already noon. Haven’t they finished it? They started since morning. Hyung need his lunch.”

I don’t know when they’ll finish this script reading. But I’ll make sure Onew has his lunch. I’ll tell him that you call.”

Okay. Thanks, hyung.” With that, Jonghyun ended the call. Jonghyun endeavored to understand Onew’s tight schedule for his web drama. Being a lead role, Onew must have much lines to read and remember and it must take time. As a good beau, Jonghyun tried to not disturb him for the rest of this day even though it was his special day.

 

It was around 2.30 pm when Jonghyun felt his phone vibrate nonstop. When he checked it, he got so many notifications from Twitter. At first, he thought it was birthday wishes from fans, but they stopped sending him tweets since hours ago, so he checked it.

He was screaming insanely once he knew the source of this crazy notification. It’s Onew’s tweet that made people sent him never-ending tweets.

Jjamong,” was written on the older’s Twitter. Just like their fans, Jonghyun knew it was Onew’s way to say happy birthday to him, tell him that the older didn’t forget his birthday.

Thank you, hyung. I read your tweet. Fighting for your first script reading. Don’t skip your meal. Love you more, babe ^^,” Jonghyun texted Onew right after that. With that just simple action from the leader was enough for Jonghyun to face the rest of the day with a smiley face.

 

Jonghyun was so excited when he saw his manager’s shoes at their dorm. “Hyung.. Onew Hyung…” he jogged in to the living room.

Hi, birthday boy!” Jonghyun was greeted by his manager. “Onew is in SM office right now. He said he want to practice for 1 or 2 hours so that he won’t be left behind you all.”

Jonghyun could feel the disappointment hearing the news. He already hoped to see his leader before going for his radio broadcast. “Okay. I will see him tomorrow then,” he said with weak voice.

 

Where are you?”

On my way from SM office.” Jonghyun could hear the tiredness in Onew’s voice. They were talking by phone right now. Jonghyun was in MBC Radio office, ready to start his radio program when Onew called him.

Have you had your dinner?” he asked.

Yes. How was your day? I am sorry, I couldn’t meet you in your birthday. I am even not able to say happy birthday right in front of you. What kind of boyfriend I am.”

I am lying if I say I am not disappointed. But I know you’re busy.” The older just hummed in respond. “Go home, take warm shower and sleep. Don’t wait for me. Okay?”

Leaving you in your birthday, I’ll make it up, Jonghyunnie. I promise,” Onew said softly.

Of course you’ll make it up, hyung. But for now, just go home and sleep. Bye, baby. I have to greet my listeners in a minute. Love you.” Jonghyun cut their conversation right after hearing ‘I love you too’ from the leader.

Albeit it was just a phone call, but it still made Jonghyun fell better. Hearing Onew’s voice after a long day was like a cure for him. That was his best birthday present this year.

He started his radio program with new energy after talking to Onew. His high spirit was boosted even more when he saw a familiar figure walked in to his broadcast room.

What are you ing doing here? You brat, don’t try to give me a heartache with your sudden appearance on Blue Night like last year. Damn you, Choi Minho!!!”Jonghyun was shock seeing Minho in his office.

Happy birthday,” the taller man placed a birthday hat with pororo picture printed all over it. “You said I have to learn from Taemin how to wish a happy birthday. And here I am.”

You, bastard!” Jonghyun was punching Minho playfully before dragging him to his desk. “Where were you from? Where will you go after this?”

I just met Minseok hyung. I think I’ll just go home and sleep.”

Ahh.. Greet Blue Night family first. They will be happy hearing your voice.”

And Minho stayed for 5 minutes or so on Blue Night before heading home. It was not until 10 minutes later when Jonghyun got a call. He saw Minho’s name on his phone screen.

What’s wrong, Ming? You know I’m working now…”

Sorry hyung, but can you come down for a while? I just felt down and I think I sprained my leg.” Jonghyun could hear the pain in his dongsaeng’s voice.

He ran as fast as his short legs could take him. He has imagined Minho in pain when he saw the rapper standing proudly with big smile on his face in front of MBC building. But, what shocked him more was a shorter figure beside Minho. “Onew hyung.”

Onew gave him that bright smile he always love when he near them. “What is this? Minho-ah ….”

Onew hyung asked my help. That’s the real reason why I came to your broadcast today. Onew hyung asked me to check you and help him with this surprise.”

Aren’t you supposed to be happy to see me?” Onew questioned, cutting Minho’s explanation in instant.

Jonghyun took a deep breath before embracing the older man in front of him. “Of course I’m happy. I’m just surprise hyung. You said you’re on the way home, but here you are.”

I didn’t say I was on my way home. I said I was on my way from SM,” Onew mumbled in that warm embrace. “I was on my way here when I called you. I want to give you a little surprise, a late gift for your birthday.”

Ehemm… okay my beloved hyungs, may I go home? Seems like I did my job well. I don’t need to see this gross scene,” Minho. With that, Minho bid good bye to the 2 older.

Come on, you can take a rest in the studio,” Jonghyun lead the man in his embrace in to the studio. He took Onew to the couch in the room. “Sleep here while I’m doing my job. And then, we can go home together.”

Jonghyun lied Onew down on the couch. He removed his black jacket and placed it on the older’s top body. Jonghyun brushed some hairs away from Onew’s face and looked at him lovingly.

Onew lied on his side and gazed at the man before him. “It’s your birthday, but why I think I’m the one who get the present?” he asked the younger.

Your existence itself is a bestowal for me, hyung. You’re my best present ever.” He leaned down to plan a soft and sweet kiss on Onew’s plump lips. “Thank you for this sweet surprise. I love you.”

Onew just smiled before giving up on the sleepiness. And Jonghyun continued his radio broadcasting while watching his lover sleep in peacefulness in front of him.