Be Mine

Be Mine

“You ready?” I whispered to Seungwan as we stood by the door.

 

“Mmhm!” She nodded in reply, pulling her baseball cap down tighter on her head.

 

It was Wednesday, about midnight and we had decided to go and see a late night movie, just the two of us and we were sneaking out of the dorm so Irene wouldn’t tell us off. She laced her fingers with mine and opened the front door as quietly as possible.

 

Silently, we walked to the movie theatre, hand in hand, just letting the world pass us by. Every so often I’d glance over at my best friend. She was absolutely perfect, beautiful, sweet, kind. It pained me how much I wanted more from her.

 

I smiled as she stopped in her tracks, right in the middle of the street, grimacing as her blonde hair stuck to her strawberry lip gloss. I knew it was strawberry because that was her favourite, she’d wear it without fail every day.

 

Grabbing hold of my hand, I gasped as she tugged on it and suddenly we were running. Wendy was always doing something different, and I was right there behind her. We were inseparable after all. 

 

By the time we arrived at the theatre, we were both hot, sweaty and out of breath, laughing because well, why not? Wendy picked the movie this time, she always did, and I always let her because her happiness was all that mattered to me.

 

After spending a few minutes giggling over the idea of watching 50 Shades, she settled on some comedy because it seemed funny and the lead actor was cute. I agreed even though I couldn’t care less. I paid for our tickets then went inside to buy the candy.

 

Wendy loved jellybeans and I knew this, so before she had time to pout and ask for a pack, I picked up three. I knew she loved sweet popcorn, so I got us an extra-large to share. I also ordered her favourite drink, an extra-large raspberry slushie for us to share. We shared because no matter how much she protested, she couldn’t finish a whole one by herself.

 

Looking over at Wendy as I paid for the goods, the smile on her face showing how much she appreciated what I was doing for her was all the thanks I needed. She helped carry some of the things into the theatre, running right to the back row to get the best view.

 

As soon as we had sat down, she laced her fingers into mine once more, smiling at me as we watched the trailers. Both of us made a start on the popcorn, giggling every time our hands accidentally touched. My heart was racing a mile a minute and all I wanted to do was lean over and kiss her beautiful soft lips. But I couldn’t.

 

Eventually the movie started, we were the only two people in the empty theatre. My mind managed to escape thoughts of Son Seungwan as I got into the movie. It was rather mediocre but served as a decent enough distraction for now. That was until Wendy decided to lean her head on my shoulder and I spent the rest of the time glancing down at her, if I breathed in I could smell her sweet scent, a mixture of vanilla and strawberries. It was intoxicating.

 

Once the film was over we began making our way to the dorm. It was nearing 3am but we hadn’t a care in the world. Then suddenly, Wendy ran across the empty road, into a park I hadn’t even noticed, laughing with the innocence of a child as she reached the swing set.

 

“Push me?” She looked up at me, her eyes filled with hope. I nodded in reply and pushed her for a good 10 minutes, until she became bored and I sat on the swing next no her, silence filling the night air.

 

She looked beautiful in the moonlight, so much so that I couldn’t help but stare at her as she did the same back to me, the two of us smiling without a care in the world.

 

I looked at my watch an announced the time. It was 4am already. Wendy pouted as I held out my hand for her, sad that the night was nearly over. She linked her fingers with mine as we walked back home, taking our time so that the 10 minute walk lasted 30 minutes.

 

Silently placing the key in the lock, we both entered as quietly as we could, slipping off our shoes and removing our coats.

 

“Thank you Seulgi, for everything.” Wendy whispered as I turned around to face her before she kissed me on the lips.

 

I stood, stunned as her lips touched mine. Surely this wasn’t real. Wendy wouldn’t actually kiss me. She didn’t like me like that right? I seemed to be proven wrong as she wrapped her arms around my neck, the shock causing me to gasp. Wendy took this opportunity to slip her tongue inside my mouth and I closed my eyes as I returned the kiss, wrapping my arms around her hips.

 

After what seemed like forever, although in reality was only a minute or two, Wendy held my hand once more and led me to our shared bedroom. We quickly changed into our nightwear and after an awkward few minutes of waiting around, me not knowing what would happen next, I decided to get into bed. I was confused for sure, but I’m sure we would talk things over in the morning. Maybe. I guess.

 

I then felt a movement from behind me and arms wrapped around my waist, obviously Wendy’s. I was curious to why she wasn’t in her own bed. My question was soon answered as she turned me around. We were now both laying on our sides, facing each other.

 

“Seulgi,” She whispered, I could tell she was nervous. “Will you be mine?” She finished, holding her breath as she waited for my reply.

 

I couldn’t believe this was real. Wendy Son, my best friend and fixation was asking me to be hers. I never in a million years thought she would even like me and I sure as hell wasn’t going to pass the chance up.

 

Pressing my lips onto hers once more, I answered her question.

 

“Of course I will.” I smiled in the darkness, squeezing her tightly as we drifted off to sleep.