Final.

our first kiss

In Jinki's fantasies, there were different ways on how his first kiss with Kibum could have been.



It could happen during their first date. He would be walking Kibum home from the dinner date they had. They'd be talking about anything. And when they arrive at Kibum's apartment, he'd have to say goodbye.

"I hope you enjoyed our date."

"I did. I'm already looking forward for the next." This statement almost made Jinki jump and fistpump the air. But no, he had to control his feels. So instead, he let out a smile.

"So this is it then. Good night Jinki."

"Good night, Kibum."

He then stepped closer, and planted a soft kiss to Kibum's lips. It was short, maybe about three seconds, but it was enough to send tingles down their spine. When Jinki pulled away, he saw the blush on Kibum's cheeks and he thought he looked adorable.

"Bye Kibum."

"Bye Jinki. Take care."



It could also happen when they're walking home from the university. The clouds seem heavy, and rain was threatening to fall. They were close to Kibum's place, where Jinki planned to stay the night if it rains. They were walking hand in hand, the streets were almost empty probably because everyone was scared of getting wet. But the two didn't mind. It hasn't come yet, what's there to be scared of? Just then, the rain started to pour. Jinki panicked. Neither of them brought an umbrella. He should really start paying attention to weather forecasts. He pulled Kibum and was about to start to run but he then noticed that the other made no move.

"Kibum! Come on. We'll both get sick."

"You know what? I've always wanted to dance in the rain." Kibum said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I don't think-"

"Come on hyung!"

And Lee Jinki had no choice but let his boyfriend drag him into the rain (but he placed their bags somewhere safe first) and dance. More like played and twirled around. His worries diminished when he saw how happy Kibum was. He put his arms around Kibum's waist and spun him around. The loud laughter from the guy brought joy to Jinki. He put Kibum down but his arms stayed on the smaller's waist. Jinki pulled him closer, taking in the feline-eyed male's features. He was breathtaking. And just like that, Jinki kissed him under the pouring rain. When both pulled away, blissful smiles filled their faces.



It could happen during the winter, when the snow is falling. They will be out, playing with the snow. Making snowmen and having snowball fights. But then it would get too cold and they'd have to go back inside Kibum's apartment. The pavement's slippery and Kibum slipped, luckily Jinki catched him on time. But unluckily, Jinki lost his balance too, causing them to fall on the floor with Jinki on top of Kibum. Both of them groaned from the impact of their fall.

"Are you alright?" Jinki asked, still not moving from where he was.

"Yeah. But can you like, get off me. You're gonna kill me soon."

"Sure. Let me do something first."

Jinki then pressed a kiss in Kibum's nose which were red from the cold. Then moved down to capture his lips. When they pulled away, Jinki stood up and offered his hand to Kibum which he gladly took. Then Kibum let out a small chuckle. Jinki raised an eyebrow in question.

"First kiss on the slippery floor. We're so romantic."

Jinki too let out a chuckle.

"At least it's still memorable."



Or it could happen at an amusement park. Their friends who dragged them to the place went separate ways and are nowhere to be found. The couple enjoyed different rides. Jinki liked the horror house the most because Kibum clung to him like a koala. A very cute koala. They were now walking around when Kibum tugged his hand.

"Let's try the ferris wheel."

"Sure."

The ferris wheel was high. The sun was halfway through the horizon and displayed an array of colors, all equally beautiful. When they reached the top, Kibum and Jinki's eyes locked. And slowly leaned to each other. When their lips touched, sparks flew everywhere. They both thought that their first kiss was perfect.

 

Maybe it could also happen because of some spur-of-the-moment thing. Like when they both are studying in the university's library and Jinki isn't really studying because he thought that staring at Kibum was more important.

"Stop staring at me and start studying." Kibum said without looking up.

"Sorry. Can't help it. You're too beautiful."

It was with this statement that Kibum looked at his boyfriend, with a faint blush on his cheeks. And suddenly, Jinki just leaned in and placed a peck on those cupid's bow lips. Kibum's cheeks turned redder and Jinki let out a smile.

"You're cute when you blush."

"Yah!"

And they were silenced by the librarian's hiss and glare.



Or it could happen during Kibum's graduation. Everyone's happy for his achievement. All people who're important to him are there. After the ceremony, pictures were taken. Then Kibum's mother told the couple that they take a picture, just the two of them, to which they agreed. The first picture, Jinki placed his hand on Kibum's waist. The second, he gave a Kibum a backhug. The third, he spun Kibum around so that they are facing each other and pulled him close for a kiss. There were cheers around them but when they pulled away, all that mattered to them were their fast-beating hearts and each other.

"Congratulations Kibummie."



In Jinki's head, there were so many ways on how they could've shared their first kiss. All of which can be classified as ideal, romantic, and sweet. Far from how their actual first kiss went.



They were watching a movie (Frozen. Of all things, why did it have to be Frozen?) But Kibum seemed to be enjoying the movie so Jinki didn't mind that much. They were both singing along to "Love Is An Open Door" when they locked gazes. Jinki knew that Kibum was expecting a kiss. So he slowly leaned in, despite the nervousness he was feeling. When their lips touched, Jinki's lips were trembling which Kibum noticed. But they continued kissing anyway. Jinki encircled his arms around the smaller's waist. Kibum pushed Jinki so that he would be leaning onto the armrest and it would be easier for him to straddle the older but apparently his push was too strong which caused him to fall. And because Jinki's arms are around Kibum, he also fell with him. They landed on the floor with a loud thud. And maybe Jinki was kinda unfortunate that day because he managed to hit his head on the table while falling and the impact caused the popcorn bowl to fall to him and Kibum. When Kibum finally realized what happened, he just couldn't help but laugh.

"Kibum, what's so funny?" Jinki whined.

"So much for a first kiss, babe."

And Jinki laughed along because hey, all they wanted was a first kiss and yet they ended in a mess.



"What are you laughing at?" Kibum asked incredulously.

"Nothing. Just remembered something."

"And what is that something?"

"Our first kiss."

"My goodness. We're already married. We've kissed a lot of times. Don't tell me you still regret it."

"I just really wanted to give you a perfect first kiss, Bummie."

"Our first kiss may not be perfect, but it's memorable. And I get kisses from you everyday, that's enough for me."

And Jinki thought that they had a lifetime together, a lifetime where he could make up for the failed (memorable in Kibum's words) first kiss. So he shrugged and just kissed Kibum, because he was making up for that first kiss (and because he loves kissing his husband's lips).

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

another onkey one-shot for today. yaaay. i hope you guys liked this. tell me your thoughts? 

and happy birthday jonghyuuuun! //throws confetti everywhere