The Wish

The First Snow Wish
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up from my sleep, stretched my body to let the blood flow with ease. There’s definitely something wrong with me, but I don’t know what is it.

I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. Why did everything become larger than usual? My feet usually reached the end of the bed but now my bed is larger and my feet can’t touch the end of the bed.

I rubbed my eyes, I’ve slept for hours but still, I’m sleepy. Then, I figured out that my hands felt weird. Very weird.

I looked at my hands; my hands were shaking when I looked at them. My hands have become paws? I looked at my feet, paws too. With white furs covering my whole body. Thinking that it’s a dream, I pinched my cheek. It hurts.

I’m not dreaming! I’m a cat! To confirm it, I went to the edge of the bed to jump. The gap between me and the floor was insanely crazy. I jumped and landed with my front feet. The moment my front feet landed on the floors, my heart was beating really fast. Jumping off the bed as a cat was like jumping off a cliff.

I looked at my reflection in a mirror. Yes, I’m a cat. I can’t deny that I look so cute being a cat. With a little orange shade on my head and my green eyes. I felt like wanted to hug myself and never let go.

Suddenly, everything turned black. Like out of sudden. I looked at my surroundings; I tried to walk around to find some light because it’s too dark. But I don’t know where I’m heading so I just stayed there. I felt like crying, I kept chanting in my head it’s just a dream. But my dream just won’t end and it felt so real.

My ear twitched as I heard voices of someone I don’t know. Slowly,  bubbles appeared in front of my eyes. Inside the bubbles were strangers doing their own work. Some were watching televisions, some were reading books and some were playing.

After a few minutes, all the bubbles popped and the people inside it vanished in the thin air. Again, darkness filled the room for a few seconds before I could see many candles floating. Some has the light on but some don’t.

I heard footsteps of someone wearing boots. I sniffed; the person that I can’t see has a sweet scent.

A man wearing all-black clothes appeared in front of me. Because I’m a cat, the man is tall and I have to lift my head all the way up to see the face of the man.

“Who are you?” I asked the man but the sound came out was meow, cats’ language.

“Do you know why you’ve became a cat?” the man asked. I shook my head. “Because you already died in an accident. You hit a cat then your car lost control,”

Please log in to read the full chapter