Chapter 1

That'll Be Us

Today was a big day for B.A.P (they hadn’t been idols for nearly five years now, but they remained B.A.P in their hearts and in the hearts of their BABYZ). Today was the day of Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan’s wedding. Out of the three couples, they’d been together the longest so in a way it made sense that they’d get married first. The wedding was a small, intimate ceremony – close friends and family only. Same- marriage may be legal in Korea now but it was nowhere near accepted.

At the reception, Daehyun was seated beside his boyfriend of many years, Moon Jongup. While he was obviously happy that he was with his Uppie, this also caused a problem. Daehyun felt guilty, the attention should have all been on Himchan and Yongguk, but all Daehyun could do was stare at Jongup dressed sharply in a navy blue suit with a matching bow tie.

Speeches were said and toasts were made, but Daehyun paid no attention to it. All of his energy was focused on the boy beside him and how damn in love he was.

“Jongup?” he whispered quietly as Himchan’s mother was making a toast.

“Hm?” Jongup responded, tearing his eyes away from Mrs Kim. When their eyes met, a smile made its way onto Jongup's face. Daehyun remembered it was that smile he fell in love with in the first place.

“I love you.” He told him. He tells him every day, but he never feels like it’s enough.

Jongup’s smile widened. Daehyun often wondered how one person could smile so much, then he just thanked the heavens that that smile was only for him.

“I love you too.”

This time, Daehyun is the one that smiled.

He remembered when he first realised his true feelings for Jongup.

They were playing Forza on the xbox so many years ago – back when they were idols, back when they had to keep their relationships secret. Jongup won for the first time in nearly 15 races and he flashed Daehyun that smile. Sure, Jongup smiled a lot so seeing him smile wasn’t all that new to Daehyun, but this smile was different. He looked so proud of himself and his eyes shone with happiness. In that moment, Daehyun wanted nothing more than to kiss him. For the rest of the day, Daehyun let him win.

It took him a while before he confessed. They knew about Yongguk and Himchan, and Youngjae and Zelo and as far as he knew, Jongup was fine with that but would he be okay with Daehyun’s feelings for him? He needed to get them off his chest, even if Jongup rejected him. It wasn’t right to lie to Jongup or himself.

When he did confess, it was completely by accident. The two had been in the kitchen, trying to make cupcakes for Junhong’s birthday, when somehow a food fight started. Flour was thrown at faces and eggs were cracked over heads. Some milk had spilt on the floor and Daehyun, clumsy as ever, slipped on it. In an attempt to save himself, he grabbed onto Jongup’s shoulders only to pull the younger down with him instead. Daehyun landed on the floor with a thud, and Jongup landed on top of Daehyun. Jongup blinked a couple of times, as if trying to figure out what just happened, when Daehyun suddenly leaned up and claimed Jongup’s lips in a messy, uncoordinated kiss. It was short and sweet and Jongup tasted better than Daehyun could ever imagine, but then he came back to his senses, pulling his head back so fast he hit it on the floor.

“Ow!” he exclaimed and then froze as he realised he just kissed Jongup. He just kissed Jongup. He just kissed Jongup! “I’m so sorry! Please don’t hate me Jongup! I didn’t mean to do that I swear! It’s just that I like you and I couldn’t stop myself and – mph!”

Jongup decided the best way to shut him up would be to kiss him back. Was Daehyun really so thick as to not see that Jongup liked him back?

Daehyun was brought out of his reverie by a loud pop. He looked up to see that he’d zoned out of most of the speeches and toasts as the happy couple were now pouring champagne into each other’s glasses. Daehyun cast a sideways glance at Jongup who was, as always, smiling brightly and clapping for his friends. Daehyun was amazed at how his heart never failed to speed up whenever he looked at the gorgeous boy he was lucky to call his own.

“Daehyun? Are you okay?” Jongup asked.

Daehyun’s lips twitched up in a small smile. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I dunno, but you’re kinda staring at me.” He replied with a shrug.

“I’m at the wedding of two of my best friends, I'm with the boy I love and I'm staring because you’re just so beautiful. I have no reason to be unhappy right now.” He told Jongup honestly, a soft smile gracing his features.

“Do you want to dance?” Jongup asked, cocking his head toward the dance floor. The DJ had just started to play and everyone was making their way toward the dance floor.

Daehyun nodded and took Jongup’s hand to lead him to the dance floor.

For hours, they danced like idiots to upbeat songs. Daehyun looked around the room. He watched fondly as the newly-married Himchan and Yongguk slow danced, not caring about the tempo of the song that was playing. He let out a laugh when he saw his best friend Youngjae swaying awkwardly as his boyfriend Junhong danced like a pro and tried to coerce him out of his shell. Then he looked at Jongup and the world fell away. Even doing a bad rendition of the chicken dance to a G-Dragon song, he was so graceful and elegant. Daehyun himself was clumsy and Jongup made a note to tell him that every day. Daehyun still wonders what he did to deserve this piece of perfection.

“Alright,” the DJ said over the mic, his strong voice demanding attention. “This is the last song of the night. I want all the couples on the dance floor, and for all you singles, find a partner and get out here.”

Daehyun looked at Jongup, who was already smiling back at him.

“Can I have this dance, baby?” Daehyun asked, pulling Jongup closer by the lapels of his jacket.

“Of course you may.” Jongup responded. The younger took the initiative to bring their lips together in a chaste kiss. Daehyun’s tongue swiped at Jongup’s lower lip, begging for entrance. The younger denied his access and pulled away. “There are children here Daehyunnie.” He said as he wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck.

Daehyun groaned. “But I want a proper kiss~! You look so good tonight.” He punctuated his sentence with a light kiss to Jongup's neck.

Jongup smiled. “If you can behave, then when we get home I’ll give you a lot more than a ‘proper kiss’.”

Daehyun’s eyes sparkled with love and lust. “Promise?”

Jongup nodded. “Promise.”

The song began and Daehyun’s arms s around Jongup’s waist. He held the dancer close to him as they swayed to the slow beat of the song. Jongup’s head came to rest on Dae’s shoulder and the elder pressed a small kiss to the crown of his head. Quietly, Daehyun started to sing along. Jongup loved it when Daehyun sang. His voice was the most beautiful sound Jongup had ever heard and he found himself struggling not to drift off while they danced.

“I love you, hyung.” Jongup said, seemingly out of nowhere.

“I love you too, Jongup.” Daehyun said. One hand left Jongup’s waist to tilt his head so that he was facing Daehyun. “You know, Yongguk and Himchan hyungs may have beat us to it, but that’ll be us one day.”

Jongup’s eyes shone with tears he was holding back. He kissed Daehyun softly, smiling into the kiss.

“Promise?” Jongup asked when the kiss ended.

Daehyun smiled.

“Promise.”